Prodigal INTERVIEW on reloaded.org! 3/13/06 update!

Started by Trisk, Wed 09/11/2005 17:11:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefano

Well, I guess I'm out of luck in this game.
Another small bug...
Spoiler
When you're in the upper room, coming down from the watch tower in the ruins, if you use "walk" on stairs and then "interact" with stairs, the character vanishes and you get only the screen showing the base of the stairs... tried to use everything, walk, talk, etc. and the character doesn't come back. Maybe he liked hanging out with the depressed guard, Linus.  ;D
[close]
Trying to make my first AGS game.

Trisk

Well, this is another one I can't reproduce...

Spoiler
Have you tried clicking on the door to exit the base of the tower, then click the middle mouse button? This should cause you to instantly arrive at your destination. If nothing happens, then Jacob must be stuck somewhere, although I'm not sure how. Do you mean AFTER you changed to the base of the tower area, you clicked USE on the stairs, or did you click WALK, then immediately USE in the top of the tower? Clicking USE on the TOP stairs should trigger an "unhandled event" e.g., the game just gives you the red X. Clicking USE on the BOTTOM of the stairs should cause Jacob to walk over to them and arrive at the top, unscathed...
[close]

InCreator

Oh, I was pleasantly surprised after started the game...
Though screenies were a bit boring...
It IS good!  :D

Strong side is story & atmosphere, weakest one - characters and GUI art (too messy, especially inventory window). But nothing serious, really.

Ah, and I don't know if it's the already mentioned bug, but
Spoiler
The oily water area is made of 2 rooms. You can get stuck in one of them (second one) so character won't exit to the first.

the way: Enter second water room and immediately look at rocks to get closeup. Then exit closeup. Since character is still in area which triggers first room, AGS ignores that fact.

workaround: walk down a bit to exit the trigger area and walk up again.

Nothing serious again, but confusing.
[close]

Rosie

CANDLE:

Spoiler
Stop playing....... I am waiting for your game to come out
LOL

[close]

Candle

Rosie
Spoiler
want to bug test? email me
[close]
;D
Great game so far.

ggp

Im really enjoying the game but i went into the cave, then back out, and now i cant seem to get out of the bedroom into the rest of the house ?!

Trisk

InCreator, that is a bug, alright. Thanks for reporting. I'll have it fixed for the next version. Glad to hear you are enjoying it!

ggp-

Spoiler
The exit to the bedroom is on the left wall, not the bottom. Just walk to the left and you will get back to the hallway in the cabin.
[close]

Rosie

This game looks good, however I just exited the bathroom and went to do save number 4 and the game crashed.........I guess the 4th save is a bug? I even tried resaving over save 1, but that caused a crash also.

ok here is my message
Internal error has occured. (ACI Version 2.70.864)

Error: Run text _Script.error - 6 running function 'go SaceLoad OK _Click'

Error: Error retrieving pointer: Invalid handle 492
in Save Games with screenshots (line 106, 117 244)
from global script (line 1986)

Hope this can be corrected.  I just went to an earier save (3) and continued on and got into cave where I decided to try a save again.  When I click on a save, it goes blank and then the game crashes.

Trisk

??? Yikes, I used the save system extensively while testing, up to around 16 saves and never had a problem. The save engine is a direct plugin from SSH. I'll talk to him about it ASAP. In the meantime, I'll see if I can recreate the bug.

Is anyone else who is playing the game having this problem?

Edit: I just tried to recreate it and I can't...I PMed SSH on the subject, we'll see if he has any idea what it could be...

Candle

When you get ready to update the game use patch maker it will make the file to update the game and you won't have a big file to upload again.
http://www.clickteam.com/English/patch_maker.htm
you can use it for free.

Rosie

Candle

Spoiler
Go to your room........... and work on that game....LOL. 

I can see why it's taking  you so long to finish your game, you are a good samaritan.........Nice to have people like you.  But really!!, the GAME.
[close]

SSH

Quote from: Rosie on Thu 10/11/2005 22:17:04

Error: Run text _Script.error - 6 running function 'go SaceLoad OK _Click'

Error: Error retrieving pointer: Invalid handle 492
in Save Games with screenshots (line 106, 117 244)
from global script (line 1986)

This is the same Internal AGS Error reported in another game. CJ hasn't been able to reproduce it yet, nor have I, so we don't know wheat the cause is, but the "Internal Error" indication tends towards an AGS problem. Trisk: you might want to use the lastest versions of AGS (2.71 RC3) and the savegames module to see if that makes a difference?

ggp

Ive saved lots of times so far on the first 3 saves boxes - just keep overwritting the save. As long as you dont use slot 4, it should be ok.

ggp

Ive got a problem;
Spoiler
Ive unlocked the cell door with the sludgey key, but the door wont open ? It just says he 'may as well try to pick up a boulder than lift the door off' or something like that, but using the key, definately says its unlocked ?
[close]

ggp

Ok, realised what to do for the above post....but found a bug;
Spoiler
Once i blew the cell door off i went into the water to look at it, but then couldnt get back out of the water. In fact even though i was at the end of the pool (by the cell,) the screen was still showing a long shot from the other end of the pool, and i couldnt climb out at all.
[close]

Trisk

ggp:

Spoiler
That is a known bug in this version of the game. walk SOUTH well into the screen, then walk back north and it should switch you to the north side of the pool. This is happening because you actually enter the far south side of the pool by the rocks ABOVE the zone line that would take you back to the jail cell north side. This bug will be fixed for the next version.
[close]

SSH-OK, thank you! I figured it couldn't be something we'd done, as I never had this problem. I'll see about getting the newest version of AGS and porting Prodigal v1.1 to it.

Mordalles

great game, trisk, i can tell you put a lot of effort in. i love the atmosphere.

oh, i did save on the 4th slot without problems.

im stuck now, but im forcing myself not to look at walkthru. dont know how long that'll last.  ;D

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Fisher

GREAT GAME!!!! Lovin' it!!!

Well, I've now learned my lesson
Spoiler
I've been saving games with no problem.....THEN, after I made it through the door to the garden where the boys played and got the spear----I went back out, moved to save the game..........and CRASH!
[close]

The sad part.....I have to go and make the dang chicken dinner again!!! Yep, startin' from there.....

But this game is really fun with LOTS to do! I really appreciate all the work that's gone into this--------THANKS!

Trisk

I'm working as fast as I can to get a stable compile on the newest version of AGS. (2.71 RC3) Sorry about this problem in the meantime. :( It only seems to happen to a very small minority of players.

Unfortunantly, because of changes to the global script, the new version won't work with old saves. :/ I hope to have a patch ready in a day or two at most, with a new version up on the website soon after that.

InCreator

Now... finally finished the game (took 2 days since I managed to keep myself away from walkthrough)...
...after getting my jaw back in in place and eyeballs to normal size....
...and having normal body temperature again...

I say that this is fucking awesome.

The sluggish character speed, some fps problems and way too much area to explore in the middle of the game started to bore me.... until I finally made it to the end.

Though the game has "horror" written all over it, I didn't find the game giving me chills or anything much, but more like AGSer interest about all these neat GFX effects all over the game... Until the end.

The ending... my back went freezingly cold, the story, superb music and cinematics... well, it makes it all worth it and much more!

Excellent. Though I'm feeling a bit sorry about somewhat weak technology behind this (I mean art, low resolution and somewhat weird 3d that's there). With a story so good, it sounds a bit like a waste. A bit more polish, and you could have gone commercial with this!

It may be the best AGS game released in 2005.

Now stop writing useless posts in Gen-gen and start a sequel!
That's an order.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk