* * If you think it belongs in the BFAQ, ADD IT YOURSELF! (NEW!) * *

Started by TerranRich, Fri 08/04/2005 14:36:43

Previous topic - Next topic

TerranRich

Okay, I shall. But how should I word the first post? Tell people to add a question they feel is needed in the BFAQ themselves? Is that safe? :P

Gilbert

monkey0506

The page for Graphics, Characters, Text is missing. And there's no history page for it either....sooo....?

SSH

Fee

I know this isnt my topic, and its off topic.  However, i notice alot of "read the manual,  read the FAQ" answers around here with littel help. As far as i was concerned i read all there was to read and refered to the manual as much as i could.

Turns out, the manual you are talking about is the Wiki am i correct?

I understand you guys dont like waisting you time answering questions that can be easily solved by reading the BFAQ, but if you want people to read it, you should link to it from the site. As far as i can tell theres no direct link to it and definetly not an obvious one. The FAQ on the site is the kind of thing visitors read. The manual in ACSs help function is not user friendly. Ive goten over several problems from using the wiki that I couldnt find help for in the forum or on the site.

Just a suggestion. Sorry if its outa place :P

Fee

heirofmaul

Sorry if I missed the memo (I haven't been around here for a while), but what the heck happened to the BFAQ page? It's gone! All I get is a stupid "404 error" page. This was a necessary resource to me. Please help!

Thanks.

Gilbert

I think the WIKI is not restored yet after the maintence, just wait a bit.

clq

Anyone have a status-report on when it might be back up?

I discovered AGS four days ago, so this is bad timing for me, especially since most the useful-looking call for help topics in this forum are simply answered with links to the BFAQ.

EDIT: Ignore my question. It is back up :D

Fritzi

Error report: The link to the BFAQ in the first post of the thread points to an empty wiki page,
The link should point to http://www.americangirlscouts.org/agswiki/Category:AGS_Beginners%27_FAQ
instead of http://www.americangirlscouts.org/agswiki/Index.php/Category:AGS_Beginners%27_FAQ

TerranRich

Fixed. I should check on my own posts from time to time. I haven't been a mod in this forum in years.

Gilbert

As there has been no activity in this thread for more than 10 years now I think I'll unstick and lock it for now.
The BFAQ still contains valuable resources for us, but as time moves on some of the entries may become irrelevant with recent versions of AGS, which may cause confusions to especially beginners (the original target of the BFAQ).

The FAQ in the AGS Manual is being worked on at the moment and such basic questions may be added in the future.

@Terran: If you are still going to maintain the original BFAQ just drop me a PM and I will unlock this thread again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk