Mind's Eye Big V 1.4 Valentine's Day Update!

Started by Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens, Tue 22/11/2005 23:05:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

The game that took almost a month longer than I had planned is now ready to play!  Too late for Halloween but in time for Thanksgiving :).

Again, please do not ask for hints in this thread, and if you have some nice feedback why not drop a comment on the games page?

And please READ the readme file, that's what it's there for folks!

V 1.2a includes the ability to skip the two portrait cutscenes in the game.  The scenes with action cannot (and will not) be able to be skipped.

v1.2b fixes a bug I thought I had fixed with the delirium scenes (I hope).  Now they should have dialog.  Read the readme for details.

Also, for those who requested it-

It also adds the ability to disable the gui at the bottom of the screen using F1!
This lets you walk to the bottom of the screen with no problem.  You can turn off/on the inventory with tab when mouseover is disabled.  To re-enable it just press F1 again.

New in Version 1.4!!!

Drastically altered the gui!  It is now less obtrusive since you rarely have more than
2 inventory items at a time.  The button to the left of the inventory window opens the save
screen and the button to the right opens the quit screen.  The inventory slider was removed.

Help menu redesigned for the new gui

Manually edited the font to increase readability!

Disabled the F1 key as it is no longer needed.

This should resolve many of the minor issues people have had with the interface.

Additional changes:

The gurney sequence is now somewhat easier.

The icon is now 8-bit! (thanks CJ)

The menu now has the readme listed.

The improved Mind's Eye font.

The new gui!

Happy Valentine's Day!

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=646

marlamoe

Fisher

I'm really embarrassed to have to post this; however, here it goes. I downloaded and opened the 'set up' but apparently it's not an automatic set up. I have a specific folder that I place these games in; however, it won't let me do that. I've played MOST of the games created and this is the first time I've rcvd. an install that doesn't do it automatically.

Can someone help?

Fisher

Lord have mercy..... I'm an idiot-----disregard above post!

sergiocornaga

I found a bug:

Spoiler
When you use the think cursor on the door after being tied down and drugged, Noah moves towards it and leaves.
[close]

i k a r i

;D
Great..I'll edit and post my comments ...
I was waiting for this one too, it was...intriguing..

EDIT: I liked the characters design a lot, the music is also great, I'm already stuck, but I'm gonna keep trying to acces
Spoiler
Dr. Mitchel's office
[close]
...don't give me any hints.. :)
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

cittymom

I am very anxious to keep playing but I am having some problems here.  The game has crashed three times in same area.   Maybe I am attempting to do something wrong. 
Spoiler
It has crashed when trying to work my way to the book on the sink.  Am I supposed to be doing something else first?
[close]

Another thing, my F5 is not bringing up a save screen. 

Gilbert

File not found while downloading. :(

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Sergio-  I've corrected it and uploaded a new version.  Thanks!

If you were having download problems that is the reason.

cittymom- not sure what sort of problem you're having.  You're the only person out of 12 or more that have had a crash, so I need more specifics on what you're doing to cause the crash.  Movement itself (as you described) should be no problem and it sounds like you are on the right track.

cittymom

ProgZmax,
Spoiler
I was moving the bed with the "walk" icon..... tried to get close to sink.....this is where it crashed... now for the 4th time
[close]

Don't know if you saw my above edit,  but F5 will not bring up a save screen..... so I have had to start from beginning each time.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

PLEASE read the readme file for games :)

From the readme:

"F5 opens the Save gui ONLY at the title screen.  After that you will need to use the button on the top left of the inventory gui."

Pressing F12 will also have showed you this, that's the whole reason I put an interactive help menu in the game :).

As for the crashing, I've gone over that sequence several (read 30 or more) times without a crash.  I also loaded it up and tried it again, cycling through the icons and generally clicking on everything and it didn't crash.  If I can't replicate it I can't fix it :(.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

QuoteI've corrected it and uploaded a new version.  Thanks!

So if I downloaded your game before anyone even replied to this thread, I have to re-download? Only asking because the threadname was already v1.2 by then...
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Erenan

Finished!

Spoiler
Are there only two endings? Or is there something I'm supposed to do with that dinner/dinner pan?
[close]
The Bunker

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Rui-  the initial v 1.2 is fully playable without crashes.  The fixes since then are to correct minor bugs, but redownload it if you want.  The latest version is also using 2.71 rc 3 rather than rc 1.

Erenan:
Spoiler
there are 2 endings.  I had originally planned to make them interactive but the feedback from the testers indicated it wasn't necessary.  The bowl is useless.  Hope the game wasn't too easy.
[close]

Erenan

I voted and left a comment on the games page. I voted very highly for the game, as I think it deserves such, and I hope I came across as positive in my comments, because I really, really liked the game a lot.
The Bunker

ggp

Anyone whos completed the game, or maybe the author want to give a little help in the hints and tips please ?! ???

bury

Ok, I'm about to play the game and I'm sure it's going to be great. When I play it I'll give you my thoughts but just one remark before I jack in- for your future games, please try to obtain some originality in your games, why not just call the game Sanitarium Deluxe? ;)

indy100

Great game, superb graphics, nice gui and a really unique feel to it. The grim atmosphere of madness and insanity really made me go on till the very end. A true masterpiece of AGS games.

Husky

Ok,i got stuck:

Spoiler
When in Knox's office I don't know what to do, I try to break the password until it gives me an error, please give me some hint.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk