Cedric and the Revolution (Dec '05 MAGS)

Started by Bernie, Sat 24/12/2005 02:18:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie

Hooray, I finished my first AGS game! :=

This is my MAGS entry for December and is my first complete AGS game (and my second game release overall).

Click this here text to download

Follow the adventure of Cedric and Victor as they try to get a demonstration up and running. It's not as easy as it sounds and they end up doing something completely different, but hey, at least they tried, eh?

Screenshots:

i k a r i

1,7MB?  :o
It looks great, downloading...
I'll edit and post my comments later..

EDIT: Wow...I'm loving it so far, the characters are great..specially the little elf Cedric, the dialogs are very funny, and the puzzles are very cool...the graphics are awesome..I couldn't find anything I don't like yet..I'll keep on playing
Spoiler
I'm trying to escape from the prison now =P
[close]
and probably I'll edit this post again

GREAT GAME!!

edit2: You got my vote...where do I vote?...and where do I see the other contestants?
edit3:I saw the link in the readme... ;D
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Erenan

Great stuff, Bernie! I just finished playing, and I have to say that I'm very impressed.

The animation reminds me a little of the old Revolution games like Lure of the Temptress and Beneath a Steel Sky.
The Bunker

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Nicely done, Bernie!  Aside from the green tinge hurting my eyes after awhile (not your fault) it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Ben Jordan Fan

fantastic Graphics! nice story! nice music!

Great game Bernie!

nihilyst

Congratulations for your first AGS game!

It's very lovely, graphics and dialogues are well done. I really appreciate it.

Merry Christmas, folks!
nihilyst

Bernie

Thanks for the comments, everyone! ^^

Oh yeah, merry christmas! :)

scourge

WOW! Excellent game! You got my vote too for MAGS. Very very good game.

Mordalles

awesome game!

the graphics are outstanding. im really jealous of ure graphics. they're so beautifully painted, and the colours are great. and the sprites just fits perfectly. dialogue are funny and well written, and the puzzles (those ive done thus far) are logical. the graphics make me feel as if im playing an old lucasarts game.

one of my favourite ags games this year, and prob of all time, and ive played a lot of ags this year.

if you decide to make a medium/full length game, ull own this community.  ;D

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Arcangel

Good graphics, but,  I'm trying to escape from the prison. :P

Chicky

Hah, me too. Lovely game but i'm stuck with the potato press :P

*edit*
I need a little help Bernie

Spoiler

I've got candles, spoon, burger etc in my inv. and i can see that you can put the bowl in the potato press and use the candles on the hot pipe but everything that would logically work doesnt. I'm not sure what the potato press is for but i tried putting my melted candles in the bowl in the press and that didnt work, i also tried giving the burger to the hungry rat and that didnt work. Do i have to free the big guy first?

Heh, please dont give away the whole puzzle, only a hint please ;)
[close]

Bernie

Thanks for the comments! ^^

Chicky:
Spoiler
If you melt the bottoms of the candles you can do something with them you couldn't before, but not just yet. Focus on freeing Victor for now. There's nothing you need to do with the press at this point, but you'll need it for something different later on.
I forgot to make a custom reply for giving the burger to the rat, but you're on the right trail. Such a big burger is too much for a tiny rat, no? However, you can focus on that later. Your main priority should be freeing Victor.
[close]

DarkArcAngel: I can give you hints if you want, just tell me where you're stuck. Getting out of the cell, maybe?

Arcangel

No I have only a spoon and bowl nothing more....

Bartimaeus

Just finished it and I have to say that was a really really fun game to play.
The art, the puzzles, the dialogue; everything was smooth and it just makes the game so much more enjoyable.
I'm really looking forward to some future games from you, keep up the good work.
:D
Ps. Loved the gargoyle  ;D

EDIT: DarkArcangel:
Spoiler

What does any elf do when he has a heavy object and a guard's pissing him off...
[close]
~The more adventures I go on, the more sand I get in my shoes

Bernie

Thanks, Bartimaeus! ^^

DarkArcangel:
Spoiler
The bowl is quite heavy and Cedric wants out of his cell really bad. He might even resort to using violence, even if it's not really his style.
[close]

Arcangel

I'm finished too. JAJA, like the end. ;D

bury100

Ok, I got stuck:

!!!(SPOILER)!!!:

So I got the lady to demo, filled coffee machine with water,lit the candle and got rid of the Tax collector. Now I don't know how to get the monocle and how to grind the beans to powder. Help anyone?

Bernie

bury100:
Spoiler
Get a hold of the crab somehow! This will solve all of your problems. You don't even need to use any items to catch it... :)
[close]

bury100

Finished, fantastic game! Everything was top-notch and I really enjoyed it thoroughly. It is very simillar to Simon The Sorcerer and I think it was intentional(the characters talking in the background is a heritage from SS I believe). It was a light,fun and small game and I really found it to my liking. Congratulations and keep up the good work! Two thumbs UP,way up!

ManicMatt

Mordalles

this is now officially my favourite AGS game. it kicked apprentice 2 out of 1st place. i like apprentice animation, but this game has got everything, where apprentice 2 lacks a bit in puzzles and gameplay and dialogues. so, new number 1 for me. (apprentice still number 2, though.)

awesome job.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

i k a r i

oh please...PLEASE, make another game of Cedric and Victor...

Are you going to make another game of this two?..I think this two are the best main characters ever made in an AGS game..honestly..
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

scourge

I completed it. I didn't save once, because once i started playing i couldn't stop. This for me is the PERFECT game. Seriously, the dialoque rocks, the characters have depth and personality. This is definitely the coolest kid main character ever!

The graphics is what really stands out. Amazing bgs, man. You must be some kind of artist somewhere :)

The atmosphere is great, i felt like i was in the game world.

The game reminds of the games of old!

Can't wait for hero theorem!

Petra

Thank you for this Christmas present :) :)

What should I say?

AWESOME! NICE! CUTE!

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S

I really liked it!! Very good game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fabiano

Im stucked  :-[
Spoiler

Im just spoke with the pantless wizard and he told me to put the candles in the king's floor. but I cant leave the prision. What should I do?
[close]

Yeah, yeah, It happens. A lot.

Bartimaeus

The code for a spoiler tag is [(hide)], without the curvy brackets (lol)   :)
As to your query:
Spoiler

I'm confused, how did you speak to the pantless wizard if you were still in the prison?
[close]

Bernie: If you don't mind me asking, what program/s did you use to draw the character and background art?

~Bart

Bernie

Oi, thanks for the comments! ^^

Quotemake another game of Cedric and Victor...

Well, I do have a few ideas for a sequel, but I'm not going to work on that for a while. There's still Hero Theorem and other stuff that needs to be worked on.

Bartimaeus: I draw my sprites in TGF (The Games Factory) because it has an awesome sprite editor. The backgrounds were made in Adobe Photoshop 7.0.

Fabiano:
Spoiler
I'm a bit confused here, too. You can't talk to the wizard if you haven't left the prison area/storage room yet.
[close]

Fabiano

Spoiler

I got up the window and only could walk to the wizard's room. But I cant leave ( i can only go to prision - wizard room) Maybe I'm not figuring out something obvious..
[close]

EDIT:
Spoiler

forget about it..I see the bricks now  :-\
Spoiler

[close]
[close]
Yeah, yeah, It happens. A lot.

i k a r i

Bernie tell me you will not abandon City of fortune, that game is extremely promising too..

I can't wait to play other game of yours..you have an unique style.....and great ideas..
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Ogo

i k a r i

Quote from: Ogo on Sun 25/12/2005 00:16:16
How do you grind the coffee beans?

You should post this in hints and tips forum  ;)

Spoiler
look by the dock, is a living creature
[close]
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Traveler

Ogo

Quote from: i k a r i on Sun 25/12/2005 00:29:11
Quote from: Ogo on Sun 25/12/2005 00:16:16
How do you grind the coffee beans?

You should post this in hints and tips forumÃ,  ;)

Spoiler
look by the dock, is a living creature
[close]

Sorry! Saw other people doing it, caved to peer pressure. So weak..

AlbinoPanther

This is great

can't wait to play it.

We will come back later with details.

EDIT: THIS is great Bernie you rule the story the characters and the dialogs everything is just perfect.Thanks.

but APP 2 is still number 1 catch this mordallesÃ,  ;D

jcytam

Very nice game! I just can't put it down! But now I am stuck, I have freed Victor, now what? Ã, 

Sylvia

How do I free Victor?? And I am stuck in the prison..

i k a r i

Quote from: Sylvia on Mon 26/12/2005 09:07:02
How do I free Victor?? And I am stuck in the prison..

Sylvia..you should post this in the Hints and Tips (TM)  forum....

Spoiler
keep asking for food until you think of something to get rid of the guard...
[close]
Nacho speaking of Bush.

marlamoe

Wow, I think that is the best AGS game I have ever played.  The puzzles were logical, the art was amazing.  I did not want this game to end.  Thank you for bringing this to us.  Bravo...and hopefully encore.

Rocier

Great game man. It has a TRUELY classic feel and style. Like a new release from lucasfilm in 1990. The puzzles were a little simple, but very involved. I liked that you had to use your partner for certain puzzles. Exccellent!! I insist you persue a career in AGS!

JWar

Bernie, you just made my day. I downloaded this gem this morning and managed to loose a whole morning worth of worktime playing it. It is truelly awesome. It had be run upstairs to get my girlfriend and itching to call my parents, all of which are avid old-school adventure game players. As has been said before, you've managed to capture the exact feeling that got me into this genre so many years ago.

Also, I played it on my mac with the ags mac port and it worked without a hitch.

voh

I agree with the before-last commenter - it truely is a classic adventure game. Sure, it's short - but it's filled to the brim with quality. Your art is amazing, and the songs, although not original, fits the scenes very, very well.

The writing is very well-done, and the plight of the character is endearing - causing you to care. From the start it was very obvious what needed to be done - and the steps necessary were logical (although some situations were not as logical as they seemed).

The hat catching thing reminded me of the babelfish puzzle in Hitchhiker's Guide, and it made my day. I love those puzzles.

The potato machine puzzle reminded me of Kyrandia 2: Hand of Fate (one of my most fabulously fantastically favourite games (alliteration rules)) but I don't know exactly why.

You made my day. This is easily one of my most favourite AGS games ever, amongst No Action Jackson, the Yahtzee games and Cirque de Zale (yes, kinoko, that game is still awesome).

Keep on trucking, dude, and if you have too much spare time, I've got some backgrounds that need makin' ;)
Still here.

Bernie

Thanks for your replies, everyone! :3

I'd love to have more time for game making, but my spare time is pretty limited because of my full time job. Either way, Cedric and the Revolution was good practice for me, and more AGS games will follow.

I haven't worked on City of Fortune or Hero Theorem for a while now, but I'll most likely work on HT (which needs a story/graphics overhaul) after finishing a small platform game.

voh

If you need any help with the story, I can help. I do a lot of creative writing and I've worked on a couple of scripts in the past. At the very least I can read some things and look for consistency and logic :)
Still here.

Barbarian

Okay, I've finally had a chance to play through this game... and from beginning to end it is truely Excellent!Ã,  It has the feel of an "adventure game classic", and most importantly it was a lot of fun.

Ã,  I only noticed (I think) one minor spelling error in the whole game
Spoiler
(When in the Prison Cell scene and talking to your friend he says why you're in there, and I noticed he said something to the effect of "You pissed the king of" which was probably was meant as "You pissed the king off". I'm just going on memory right now, so perhaps that wasn't the exact wording? Oh well, I could be wrong).
[close]

Ã,  Ã, But, overall, I thought the graphics, animations, characters, stories, puzzles, involment and playability... Excellent!Ã,  And the music you choose fit each scene very well too, and though lacking "sound effects", the nice music made up for it.

Bernie: Thank you so much for your efforts and for sharing your wonderful game with us. You have a wonderful talent at making adventure games, and I look forwards to seeing more games from you in the future.
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

Elliott Hird

Oi! Why aren't you working on Hero Theorem?!?!

Czar

Yesterday i remembered that there was the last dec. MAGS game on my HD that i havent played( i was really into playing these days).
Although it was way past bedtime and the state i was in... well let's say i was kind of drunk.

Anyway, I started playing the game and after the so promising title i knew i saw the Apprentice hype happening all over again.
You really did a great job by releasing this game in the last minute(in the nick of time??), for it to be remembered as an 2005 game. :)

Ofcourse, I too would probably play the game in one breath but there was a bug that stopped me. Well, if you wanna know, the bug happened after i managed to leave Victor in the hat alley near the
Spoiler
net on the hole
[close]
. Then i continued to his workshop ALONE, and did such a predictable move that i should be awarded for Bug-stupidity award.
I entered Victors room.

After that I just didn't feel like playing any more.

edit: Or did I? I noticed a savegame here... That must have been some night. :-\ :=
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Bernie

Czar: Haha, damn. I thought I made sure leaving Victor in the alley wasn't possible. I'll fix it, thanks! :) Please let me know (that is, if you remember) what exactly you did.
EDIT: Fixed that bug. I can't believe I missed it!

Elliott: I still want to work Hero Theorem but I wanna make this small platformer first. It'll probably take only 2 to 4 weeks, anyway.

Barbarian: Oi, typo alarm! I'll fix it, thanks! EDIT: Fixed

voh: I'll let you know when I'm in need for help. Thanks for your offer.

EDIT: The fixed version is up!

Kweepa

Wow, that only took a month?
Fantastic game, thanks!
I look forward to what you can do with some more time!
I particularly liked the
Spoiler
proof of friendship, and the demon in the bathtub.
[close]
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Czar

I just re-read the thread, but with reading the spoilers this time(because now i'm allowed to).

I just want to mention that one of the reasons why I love(and usually get frustrated with) them is when you miss something obvious and you start doing crazy things. You begin to think about so many possibilities, and when you look at it after you solved the puzzle, it's funny.
I was more or less talking about fabiano not finding the right path to the |s|king's|/s| room. I can only imagine what ways of escapping he had in his mind. Or he had none. :) That's ok.
I myself wanted to melt the pictures to use them as a base for the candles so they could stand. :P

That is also why i loved the part when you try to use the spoon to free Victor. The reply is an all-timer. I'm surprised nobody has done something like that in a community like this (or has, but I haven't played the game :P).
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

xelanoimis

Great game!
I'm playing it right now, but I've got stuck: got all ingredinents but the tears. Anyone, help!

plebeo

Really nice game !!
I like it very much!
Simple but very funny!!

ida

Really fun game to play, thanks Bernie!

The dialogue was excellent, and Cedric was funny without being sickening cute  :)

Play_Pretend

Oh my gawd this is an awesome game.  The graphics are truly phenomenal, Bernie.  The gameplay is fun, and the dialogue is cute/funny.  Congratulations on a masterpiece!

I found a tiny bug in the game...when you have the hammer in your inventory, if you try to use any other item on the hammer, it says, "I don't think the branch will be happy with that."  and then if you try to use the bouncy ball on the hammer, instead it says "The rope is too thick, I couldn't tie it around the branch properly." :)  I'm thinking maybe some variables got crossed somewhere by accident. :)

But teriffico!  23 stars!

Update:  Just finished the game!  Woo!  That was sweet.  I was particularly impressed by the background of the bedroom.   Now I'm even more curious about the rope/branch thing, because as far as I could tell, it doesn't even happen in the game. :)  But super-double-kudos!

Bernie

Thanks for your replies!

Strange Visitor: Those replies are leftovers from a different game of mine. I forgot to remove them...Ã,  := Thanks for mentioning it. A fixed version has been uploaded.

xelanoimis: Go to http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=24170.20, you'll find the answer to your question there. ;)

Czar

I found the branch replies actually humourous, contributing to the overall mock up humor.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

JimmyShelter

Great game, I loved playing it! Wish it would have been longer!

TheMagician

Thank you very much for all the dedication you put into that project!
A very nice game!!!

Beautiful graphics, humorous dialogues, lovely characters!

I haven't finished the game yet but I like it very much!
Thanks again for this great game!
Stefan

LeChuck

Great game with great graphics, dialogue and characters. The speed up function was a great little addition that I wish more games used.

However, I feel the game had a little too few responses to logical interactions the player would try in order to solve a problem, that doesn't work. For example:
Spoiler
1. Using the feather as "something from nature" (?) in the spell didn't work.
2. Using the coffee beans on the table thing inside the ironsmith's house (to smash them with the hammer) didn't work.
[close]

The game had no explanation as to why it didn't work, though. These are just examples, as I don't remember the rest of the times I thought "why doesn't this work?".

This is just nitpicking of course, as you were under a tight schedule, but I feel it would improve the game slightly.

Bernie

Thanks for the comments!

LeChuck:
Spoiler
The ingredient you mention was called 'essence of nature', I don't see why a feather would work for that.

About using the hammer on the beans: For some reason I didn't think of that possibility when making the game. It's an obvious solution but I completely missed it.
[close]

Revan

Mel

So I'm playing this game, enjoying it and it's going really well.  I need to stop for a bit, not sure where the save button is, but no problem, usually hitting one of the "f" keys will bring it up.  Hit f-10 and it started me all the way over! I've never had a game do that before!  Grrrr.. course I'm not going to start over, as I had already been playing over an hour.

>:(

Bernie

F9 restarts the game, you probably hit that one. F1 and F5 bring up the options menu where you can save.

vict0r

Oh my god! What an amazing game! :D  Good puzzles, graphics and hilarious dialogue! I suggest you make a follower-up

ScottDoom

I've just started playing today and from what I've seen it's great. I really like the characters and everything. I'm a bit stuck but I'm sure I'll figure it out, but I have to go to work now.

Danny Boy

I am stuck on trying to catch the hat. Can anyone help me? I wont say what I have done as I don't know how to do the spoiler things.

ScottDoom

For that hat:
Spoiler
You'll need honey, a net, a bouncy ball, and Cedric's buddy (forget his name).
[close]
If you have all those I'm pretty sure you can figure it out from there.

By the way Bernie, the game was great. The graphical style is great and the characters were really neat, and I liked the storyline. I wish it would have had more sound and a more fitting soundtrack but the music in there was alright.

I can't wait for Hero Theorem and any other games you may put out.

Ali

This game was very funny and absolutely lovely to play. Even though it was short, it was still satisfying because the story kept going beyond what I thought would be the end to an even more fun conclusion.

Brilliant!

rocier

wow. It looks like you have a bonified hit on your hands here. I mean SERIOUSLY! Most AGS games or any classic adventure games made by amatures are appreciated by me, but you are an exceptional designer. You should look at expanding your audience and focusing on making more games! MORE! I WANT MOOOOORE!

Bernie

Thanks for the comments!

rocier: If 'expanding my audience' equals 'pimping my game wherever I can', then I'm already doing that! :3

www.the-underdogs.org added my game to their database recently (see HERE). Hooray for me! Mr. Underdogs probably checks on new AGS games regularly. He also added Stargate Adventure and Mind's Eye. Good man, that.

vict0r

I think what rocier ment was to go commercial.

Rocier

NO NO! not commercial, ya, i meant pimp it to underdogs and the like. Good work

Bernie

I wouldn't go commercial, anyway. Money makes everything so complicated. Besides, who would by a noname indie game that looks like 1992?

I think I'll just keep pimping (the game everywhere)! :=

Thanks to everyone who gave my game a go so far.

Kaelem Gaen

Alright, I'm caving too and I'm gonna hate myself cause it is probably REALLY obvious.

I'm stuck on one of the things.

Spoiler

How the heck do I get the water for the coffee machine I tried using the cup on the bucket of water in the ironsmiths, and it looked like the only place I could get the water.
[close]

Nevermind Got it....

EDIT 2:
Just beat the game!  I second the movement for a sequel, this game rocked!
~ Chaos, panic, disorder...  My work is done here. ~

R4Zi3L

where can i find honey? And where i must use it?

Bartimaeus

Raziel:
Spoiler

Honey is in the bar, tis a wee  bit of a pixel hunt  ;)
[close]

Sanguinous Rex

Awesome game... one thing, I caught a spelling error.

SPOILER!  I can't figure out how to set a spoiler, someone let me know lol

At the very end, when the Gargoyle is talking to the stone wizard...He says "fitly" or something instead of "filthy" [/sub] - I hadn't saved for a while so I don't want to replay a bunch to check on a  spelling error, but I thought you might want to know.

Awesome game... Awesome :)

tc

[hide*]put spoiler here[/hide*]

(leave out the stars)

Bernie

Thanks for letting me know! :) I uploaded a fixed version.

Sanguinous Rex

Quote from: Bernie on Thu 09/02/2006 00:24:03

No problem, if you ever need anyone to help do some spell checking, let me know.  I know we don't know each other, but I'm pritty gud at Engrish.  Also, a big fan of both adventure games in general, and adventure games that are well made.  Planning to create a series with a friend who draws at a comic book calibre level.

Orieac

Quote from: Bernie on Thu 09/02/2006 00:24:03

If it's only a spell check can you please release a translation file with the fix? That way i don't need to download th game again and i can test it with my old savegames.

Thanks

Bernie

Orieac: Oops, too late. I don't have the old version anymore. But it's only a single typo, so I guess it wouldn't be much of an issue if you don't download the fixed version. :=

Mr. Rex: Thanks for the offer and good luck with your game, I say!

skw

Great game, Bernie! One of my favourite, tbh. Pity that there`s no `picks of the month` anymore, the game should be mentioned at the main page.
a.k.a. johnnyspade

big brother

I just started playing this. I have to say it reminds me a lot of another game...
the personalities and even some of the objects and locations...

I found a few logical problems with the puzzles.

If I can use the bellows on the tax collector's hairpiece, why can't I use it to blow the hat off the pole? Why wouldn't using the hammer on the crab work? Also, Ced says crushing the beans with a hammer is "unhygenic", but using a live crab's claw is so much cleaner??? The coffee making puzzle to sober someone up is pretty trite, but also wouldn't work. A stimulant would not counter a central nervous system depressent. If anything, it would make things worse. You know, like Irish coffee or Vodka and Red Bull.

If Ced isn't the violent type, why does he have a separate interaction for HIT? Needless to say, I haven't been able to use it. If you're going to include it, you might want to make it a separate solution, like a joke. Maybe it's like an automatic solver for any puzzle. Can't get the hat? Try HIT.

I generally like the sprites, although a few things are a bit weird. The light blue moustache, for instance.

EDIT: Just finished it. I liked the ending, it really wraps things up. Not sure how the gargoyle knows about the tax cuts and all, though. Maybe that could be something better told by Victor and Ced. Maybe Victor can mention how much he saved on taxes because of Ced's apprenticeship or something.
Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

Iv4n

vict0r

Quote from: big brother on Sat 18/02/2006 17:33:38
I just started playing this. I have to say it reminds me a lot of another game...
the personalities and even some of the objects and locations...

What game is that then?

Quote from: big brother on Sat 18/02/2006 17:33:38
Maybe Victor can mention how much he saved on taxes because of Ced's apprenticeship or something.

Well i saved a darn lot! ;D

Bernie

Iv4n: I don't know what's wrong with our site, it's been like that for two weeks now. You can still find our older games at underdogs.org: http://www.the-underdogs.org/company.php?name=Fallen+Angel+Industries

Skurwy: Thanks! :)

QuoteWhat game is that then?
Yep, I'd like to know that, too!

big bro, my man - I agree with everything you've said. Using the bellows on the hat would have been a cool alternative way to solve that puzzle. The HIT is a leftover from my Hero Theorem GUI and simply is there to make it 6 buttons.

I have to say that I rushed the game and skipped some stuff I've planned, thus making the story a bit wobbly in parts. The 3 weeks I had weren't enough for all the stuff I wanted to add.

The weird colors are caused by my color blindness. There isn't much I can do about it, except maybe checking the RGB values before I use a color, but that would be sort of annoying.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it! :)

fanton

i havent played it yet...but 15 thousand thumbs up for the screenshots ;D

evilspacefart

Bernie this game was lovely! beautiful graphics and just the right pacing and some funny dialog too!

scourge

What is the game you're talking about big brother? Please let us know :)

Bernie

evilspacefart: Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. :)

fanton: Well, they do say graphics aren't everything, so who knows if the graphics live up the content. I'd say your only option left is to play it, eh? :=

calacver

All I can say is Bernie, make more games, that's an order!  ;D

Richi

I'm so stuck!! Could somebody help me, please?

Spoiler
try and I try to exit prission, but I just cant.
I've got: photo, melting candles, bowl in press, spoon and keys...
[close]

Please give me hint!

By the way... The game is simply magnificent. Congrats Bernie!

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Finished this yesterday - truly awesome game Bernie!!

Richi:
Spoiler
Talk to Victor when you are in the candle room and he can lift you up to the window. There are other places you can go from there.
[close]

kajlin

Bernie ! Your game is one of the best games i have ever played! I look forward to your next game.

Queen Kara

http://www.the-underdogs.info/company.php?id=755

Great game. I got stuck quite a bit for such a short game but thankfully other people had gotten stuck too so there were plenty of hints in the hints and tips area.
It was easy and kinda hard at the same time....because there wasn't the alternative of using the bellows to get the hat , it actually made you think about how to get it down since without a certain item...you just scare "it" off.
Alot of the stuff turned out to be "geeze why didn't I think of that on my own" type stuff
lol
Cedric says he's not agressive or something like that? I must've missed that.
I thought the "bowl technique" thing was funny.
Maybe because he couldn't think of any other way to do it , Cedric felt the need that some mild violence ( he hit people with a bowl...it's not like he threw an axe at them or something lol ) would solve the problem....even if you usually don't think of yourself as agressive , some situations unfortunately call for some bad behaviour.
Actually , lots of things in the game were funny.
I love elves and quite a few of the elves in the game were attractive.
Especially the bartender.
Hehehe.
I also liked how Cedric was the only stereotypically short elf. ( poor guy...but still funny )
I hope you make another elf centered game and have more female elves next time , better yet have it be the same elves along with quite a few new faces and maybe this time Cedric could go on a quest to make himself taller whenever he wants ( via a spell or magical item ) or just exploring different places and running into different problems along the way. If he was just exploring he could interact with all kinds of creatures , not just wizards...demons...servants...and kings. LOL
Klaatu Verata Niktu?

Bernie

Thanks for the feedback!

There are a few things you could technically have solved in another way, but I didn't think of them when making the game. Gotta pay more attention to that next time.

I want to make a sequel some time, but not in the near future. Got a few interesting ideas, too.

Thanks for playing my game! :D

Chroelle

When does the near future end? ;D

You will be watched! As you know we made it available over at CWF already. Great game. A bit on the short side unfortunately, but chars were GREAT and lots of actions were self-explanatory, so you didn't go: "Of course I should use the old Tractor with little sisters doll wrapped up in tinfoil and salami, to get the window open."

Thanks for yet another game. I am currently about to playtest the Kitty game.

Here is the link for cedrics gamepage on CWF: http://www.curlysworldoffreeware.com/game_info.php?gameid=26
CWF Freeware. We are going to be the biggest freeware site ever. Trust me on this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk