Cedric and the Revolution (Dec '05 MAGS)

Started by Bernie, Sat 24/12/2005 02:18:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Mordalles

this is now officially my favourite AGS game. it kicked apprentice 2 out of 1st place. i like apprentice animation, but this game has got everything, where apprentice 2 lacks a bit in puzzles and gameplay and dialogues. so, new number 1 for me. (apprentice still number 2, though.)

awesome job.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

i k a r i

oh please...PLEASE, make another game of Cedric and Victor...

Are you going to make another game of this two?..I think this two are the best main characters ever made in an AGS game..honestly..
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

scourge

I completed it. I didn't save once, because once i started playing i couldn't stop. This for me is the PERFECT game. Seriously, the dialoque rocks, the characters have depth and personality. This is definitely the coolest kid main character ever!

The graphics is what really stands out. Amazing bgs, man. You must be some kind of artist somewhere :)

The atmosphere is great, i felt like i was in the game world.

The game reminds of the games of old!

Can't wait for hero theorem!

Petra

Thank you for this Christmas present :) :)

What should I say?

AWESOME! NICE! CUTE!

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S

I really liked it!! Very good game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fabiano

Im stucked  :-[
Spoiler

Im just spoke with the pantless wizard and he told me to put the candles in the king's floor. but I cant leave the prision. What should I do?
[close]

Yeah, yeah, It happens. A lot.

Bartimaeus

The code for a spoiler tag is [(hide)], without the curvy brackets (lol)   :)
As to your query:
Spoiler

I'm confused, how did you speak to the pantless wizard if you were still in the prison?
[close]

Bernie: If you don't mind me asking, what program/s did you use to draw the character and background art?

~Bart
~The more adventures I go on, the more sand I get in my shoes

Bernie

Oi, thanks for the comments! ^^

Quotemake another game of Cedric and Victor...

Well, I do have a few ideas for a sequel, but I'm not going to work on that for a while. There's still Hero Theorem and other stuff that needs to be worked on.

Bartimaeus: I draw my sprites in TGF (The Games Factory) because it has an awesome sprite editor. The backgrounds were made in Adobe Photoshop 7.0.

Fabiano:
Spoiler
I'm a bit confused here, too. You can't talk to the wizard if you haven't left the prison area/storage room yet.
[close]

Fabiano

Spoiler

I got up the window and only could walk to the wizard's room. But I cant leave ( i can only go to prision - wizard room) Maybe I'm not figuring out something obvious..
[close]

EDIT:
Spoiler

forget about it..I see the bricks now  :-\
Spoiler

[close]
[close]
Yeah, yeah, It happens. A lot.

i k a r i

Bernie tell me you will not abandon City of fortune, that game is extremely promising too..

I can't wait to play other game of yours..you have an unique style.....and great ideas..
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Ogo

i k a r i

Quote from: Ogo on Sun 25/12/2005 00:16:16
How do you grind the coffee beans?

You should post this in hints and tips forum  ;)

Spoiler
look by the dock, is a living creature
[close]
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Traveler

Ogo

Quote from: i k a r i on Sun 25/12/2005 00:29:11
Quote from: Ogo on Sun 25/12/2005 00:16:16
How do you grind the coffee beans?

You should post this in hints and tips forumÃ,  ;)

Spoiler
look by the dock, is a living creature
[close]

Sorry! Saw other people doing it, caved to peer pressure. So weak..

AlbinoPanther

This is great

can't wait to play it.

We will come back later with details.

EDIT: THIS is great Bernie you rule the story the characters and the dialogs everything is just perfect.Thanks.

but APP 2 is still number 1 catch this mordallesÃ,  ;D

jcytam

Very nice game! I just can't put it down! But now I am stuck, I have freed Victor, now what? Ã, 

Sylvia

How do I free Victor?? And I am stuck in the prison..

i k a r i

Quote from: Sylvia on Mon 26/12/2005 09:07:02
How do I free Victor?? And I am stuck in the prison..

Sylvia..you should post this in the Hints and Tips (TM)  forum....

Spoiler
keep asking for food until you think of something to get rid of the guard...
[close]
Nacho speaking of Bush.

marlamoe

Wow, I think that is the best AGS game I have ever played.  The puzzles were logical, the art was amazing.  I did not want this game to end.  Thank you for bringing this to us.  Bravo...and hopefully encore.

Rocier

Great game man. It has a TRUELY classic feel and style. Like a new release from lucasfilm in 1990. The puzzles were a little simple, but very involved. I liked that you had to use your partner for certain puzzles. Exccellent!! I insist you persue a career in AGS!

JWar

Bernie, you just made my day. I downloaded this gem this morning and managed to loose a whole morning worth of worktime playing it. It is truelly awesome. It had be run upstairs to get my girlfriend and itching to call my parents, all of which are avid old-school adventure game players. As has been said before, you've managed to capture the exact feeling that got me into this genre so many years ago.

Also, I played it on my mac with the ags mac port and it worked without a hitch.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk