Cedric and the Revolution (Dec '05 MAGS)

Started by Bernie, Sat 24/12/2005 02:18:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie

Orieac: Oops, too late. I don't have the old version anymore. But it's only a single typo, so I guess it wouldn't be much of an issue if you don't download the fixed version. :=

Mr. Rex: Thanks for the offer and good luck with your game, I say!

skw

Great game, Bernie! One of my favourite, tbh. Pity that there`s no `picks of the month` anymore, the game should be mentioned at the main page.
a.k.a. johnnyspade

big brother

I just started playing this. I have to say it reminds me a lot of another game...
the personalities and even some of the objects and locations...

I found a few logical problems with the puzzles.

If I can use the bellows on the tax collector's hairpiece, why can't I use it to blow the hat off the pole? Why wouldn't using the hammer on the crab work? Also, Ced says crushing the beans with a hammer is "unhygenic", but using a live crab's claw is so much cleaner??? The coffee making puzzle to sober someone up is pretty trite, but also wouldn't work. A stimulant would not counter a central nervous system depressent. If anything, it would make things worse. You know, like Irish coffee or Vodka and Red Bull.

If Ced isn't the violent type, why does he have a separate interaction for HIT? Needless to say, I haven't been able to use it. If you're going to include it, you might want to make it a separate solution, like a joke. Maybe it's like an automatic solver for any puzzle. Can't get the hat? Try HIT.

I generally like the sprites, although a few things are a bit weird. The light blue moustache, for instance.

EDIT: Just finished it. I liked the ending, it really wraps things up. Not sure how the gargoyle knows about the tax cuts and all, though. Maybe that could be something better told by Victor and Ced. Maybe Victor can mention how much he saved on taxes because of Ced's apprenticeship or something.
Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

Iv4n

vict0r

Quote from: big brother on Sat 18/02/2006 17:33:38
I just started playing this. I have to say it reminds me a lot of another game...
the personalities and even some of the objects and locations...

What game is that then?

Quote from: big brother on Sat 18/02/2006 17:33:38
Maybe Victor can mention how much he saved on taxes because of Ced's apprenticeship or something.

Well i saved a darn lot! ;D

Bernie

Iv4n: I don't know what's wrong with our site, it's been like that for two weeks now. You can still find our older games at underdogs.org: http://www.the-underdogs.org/company.php?name=Fallen+Angel+Industries

Skurwy: Thanks! :)

QuoteWhat game is that then?
Yep, I'd like to know that, too!

big bro, my man - I agree with everything you've said. Using the bellows on the hat would have been a cool alternative way to solve that puzzle. The HIT is a leftover from my Hero Theorem GUI and simply is there to make it 6 buttons.

I have to say that I rushed the game and skipped some stuff I've planned, thus making the story a bit wobbly in parts. The 3 weeks I had weren't enough for all the stuff I wanted to add.

The weird colors are caused by my color blindness. There isn't much I can do about it, except maybe checking the RGB values before I use a color, but that would be sort of annoying.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it! :)

fanton

i havent played it yet...but 15 thousand thumbs up for the screenshots ;D

evilspacefart

Bernie this game was lovely! beautiful graphics and just the right pacing and some funny dialog too!

scourge

What is the game you're talking about big brother? Please let us know :)

Bernie

evilspacefart: Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. :)

fanton: Well, they do say graphics aren't everything, so who knows if the graphics live up the content. I'd say your only option left is to play it, eh? :=

calacver

All I can say is Bernie, make more games, that's an order!  ;D

Richi

I'm so stuck!! Could somebody help me, please?

Spoiler
try and I try to exit prission, but I just cant.
I've got: photo, melting candles, bowl in press, spoon and keys...
[close]

Please give me hint!

By the way... The game is simply magnificent. Congrats Bernie!

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Finished this yesterday - truly awesome game Bernie!!

Richi:
Spoiler
Talk to Victor when you are in the candle room and he can lift you up to the window. There are other places you can go from there.
[close]

kajlin

Bernie ! Your game is one of the best games i have ever played! I look forward to your next game.

Queen Kara

http://www.the-underdogs.info/company.php?id=755

Great game. I got stuck quite a bit for such a short game but thankfully other people had gotten stuck too so there were plenty of hints in the hints and tips area.
It was easy and kinda hard at the same time....because there wasn't the alternative of using the bellows to get the hat , it actually made you think about how to get it down since without a certain item...you just scare "it" off.
Alot of the stuff turned out to be "geeze why didn't I think of that on my own" type stuff
lol
Cedric says he's not agressive or something like that? I must've missed that.
I thought the "bowl technique" thing was funny.
Maybe because he couldn't think of any other way to do it , Cedric felt the need that some mild violence ( he hit people with a bowl...it's not like he threw an axe at them or something lol ) would solve the problem....even if you usually don't think of yourself as agressive , some situations unfortunately call for some bad behaviour.
Actually , lots of things in the game were funny.
I love elves and quite a few of the elves in the game were attractive.
Especially the bartender.
Hehehe.
I also liked how Cedric was the only stereotypically short elf. ( poor guy...but still funny )
I hope you make another elf centered game and have more female elves next time , better yet have it be the same elves along with quite a few new faces and maybe this time Cedric could go on a quest to make himself taller whenever he wants ( via a spell or magical item ) or just exploring different places and running into different problems along the way. If he was just exploring he could interact with all kinds of creatures , not just wizards...demons...servants...and kings. LOL
Klaatu Verata Niktu?

Bernie

Thanks for the feedback!

There are a few things you could technically have solved in another way, but I didn't think of them when making the game. Gotta pay more attention to that next time.

I want to make a sequel some time, but not in the near future. Got a few interesting ideas, too.

Thanks for playing my game! :D

Chroelle

When does the near future end? ;D

You will be watched! As you know we made it available over at CWF already. Great game. A bit on the short side unfortunately, but chars were GREAT and lots of actions were self-explanatory, so you didn't go: "Of course I should use the old Tractor with little sisters doll wrapped up in tinfoil and salami, to get the window open."

Thanks for yet another game. I am currently about to playtest the Kitty game.

Here is the link for cedrics gamepage on CWF: http://www.curlysworldoffreeware.com/game_info.php?gameid=26
CWF Freeware. We are going to be the biggest freeware site ever. Trust me on this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk