Santas Sidekick

Started by Uku, Sat 21/01/2006 20:20:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Uku

Heres my little game(My FIRST one!!!!!!!), wat i made for christmas game competition (christmas and 21 january?).I made it with my friend Krisjan(a.k.a. Gameboy) and with a little help.

game is about boy who sleeps in (im estonian and my englis gramma isnt the best)-late to school, and discovers, that santa has crushed at school stadium (he dont belive in santa thats why he sees him(who belives, cant see santa)).So he starts as santas sidekick.

game is wwery(more like super)Basic.and baybe bugy.

game is here
DOWNLOAD SANTAS-SIDEKICK

and some pictures:

Enjoy and poist your comments and questions.

PS!:Please dont tell me that game is bugy or basic. I know it and its bugi cause didnt get  it about variables(had 2 days to do "scripting").
PS!sorry for my english.

Rocier

Having trouble getting d/l to work. maybe put up a mirror? I would like to give this one a shot!

Uku

OK. i uploaded the game to another place now.

NB! delete "/" after adress or it will get error.
http://www.zone.ee/PK4EVA/Santas_Sidekick.zip

works for me
PS!sorry for my english.

ManicMatt

Yup I played the short game!

Nice graphics, nice humour.

But erm... no up/down animation, the character just slides along the floor! Hard to guess where the exits are without walking along the edges to find one. Non skippable speech, what gives?

I could complain some more but I think these are the areas you should concentrate on improving in future games!

Mordalles

nice game! you're of to a good start.

in future games i would advise making speech skippable and make the character walk faster.

thx for the game, i enjoyed it.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Uku

well, i get so much critic about non-skipable speech, so i upload it to 3.rd place to.
http://www.zone.ee/PK4EVA/S_Sidekick.zip

i hope you are happy now and finish faster, who gets to the end please note me.
PS!and was it difficult?
PS!sorry for my english.

scourge

hey uku. It looks very cool. I have trouble exiting the door to the hallway, is there a specific hotspot or is the door the whole thing? I tried clicking on it with the hand icon lots of times but i can't get out??

Goodluck on future games.

Uku

PS!sorry for my english.

gameboy

I know what you mean, buloght.
You first gotta go to living room, then you can go out.

scourge

thanks gameboy. I didn't know about the living room.

Uku

walk down kichen  right side.
PS!sorry for my english.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk