Infantry Division 1338 (link fixed!)

Started by Mordalles, Sun 22/01/2006 19:42:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Mordalles

This is a short MAGS game for January 2006, set in Vietnam. The general (older than 65 according to the rules), is searching for his own base, and can't quite remember where it is.
This game was made in 5 days to test the inventory and portraits, and it seems that making a commando's/desperado's clone in AGS is quite capable.

DOWNLOAD HERE.

EDIT: link fixed, sorry, i made a spelling error.  ;D

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

DoorKnobHandle

Sounds and looks very good, but the download link is broken! I get a 404. >:(

Mordalles

this sucks. i accidently typed an "i" instead of an "I", and therefore the link is broken. i want to correct this, but the games pages wants me to enter a password, but i didnt enter a password? what the hell?

scourge

Cool. Downloading ... it works, yay.

ManicMatt

Heh this games rocks!

I love how you gotta use them as a team! The idle animations they have are cool too.

I am stuck though... I wonder how many people will solve the bit I'm stuck on? Still, I won't give up yet!

Neat graphics, especially the close up faces.

And I really like the music bit on the bridge, if a bit short.

Wretched

That was a unique experience. I thought some of of puzzles were a bit trial and error, but overall I enjoyed them. Felt like playing one of those old Jungle type games on the atari home system, gameplay not graphics that is.

Just a wee bug. If you try and walk off the left of the swamp screen with the Pilot guy, the game hangs, repeatdly flashing the 'must wait for pointerman' message.

I think the rules mentioned that the oldie must be retired as well, but I'm sure you can make up a reason why a retired general is in active service? Special mission? Or maybe I missed something in the intro.

Mordalles

thx for trying the game.  ;D

wretched, i completely missed the "retirement" part of the rules. haha. i guess i could say he forgot that he is retired too. haha. ill fix that bug. thx.

scourge

Excellent game! I liked the concept of multiple characters and the idea that one character leads makes it easy to play (so you don't have to move each character individually).

The portraits are quite amazing, pro stuff there. I also like the click on portraits to switch between players.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

The multiple person puzzles were a nice touch, if a bit trial and error.  I also like the popeye arms you gave the soldiers, it makes them look super tough :) .  Overall I think you did quite a good job with this, and I think you should revisit it, improve the graphics and story (I know you were in a hurry) and extend this into a full adventure game since it has the potential and mechanics to be a very good one.  Nice work!

AlbinoPanther

HEY mordalles this one is so good hardly wait for mordy 2.
The team is LOL and puzzles are so original once again this team idea rules(allmost like Goblins).

LD

JimmyShelter

I seem to be stuck in the beginning allready...

Spoiler

I can't even get the vine, noone seems able to get it loose.
[close]

Mordalles

Quote from: JimmyShelter on Mon 23/01/2006 19:05:06
I seem to be stuck in the beginning allready...

Spoiler

I can't even get the vine, noone seems able to get it loose.
[close]

Spoiler

maybe two can do something one can't? (one soldier can talk to another with right click)
[close]

thx for the comments.

JimmyShelter

Thanks Mordalles, now I'm stuck a bit further.

A very small bit..  ;D

Spoiler

I think I'll have to use the vine to get to the other side of the trap, but I tried pointing and clicking everywhere, but nothing seems to work.

I must be stupid or something..  ::)
[close]

edit: Nevermind! got it!

testingstuff

I'm stuck too.

**SPOILER WARNING**

I can't get past the VC. I've picked up the piece of plant but I can't do anything else.

Any hints?

Mordalles

JimmyShelter

Ok, finished it!

Very nice game for a quick MAGS game!

Khris

Once I figured out how to disarm the trap I ran straight through to the end, but it was fun and innovative nonetheless, really cool game :)
Btw, what happened to division 1337? ;)

Uku

PS!sorry for my english.

Mordalles

hehe, i were waiting for division 1337, but they never arrived. we later heard something about getting lost in some first person shooter forum or something. we tried to contact them, but didn't understand a word they were saying.  ;D

needless to say, we are never hiring division 1337 again.

Afflict

Awesome game really enjoyed it, some bugs though...

Great keep up the great work! Now for mordy 2!!!
Download finished

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk