Woaky and the shadows of the river - Open Site

Started by , Wed 25/01/2006 21:45:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Vale

Woaky project presents his first product: the educational game "Woaky and the shadows of the river" and the book about water pollution and river ecosystem.

Story:

Benjamin Wolfoak for everybody Woaky is a young elf who looses his powers alfer drinking the river water. So he goes to ask explanations to the river spirit Achernar. On the river there is a lot mysterious shadows,  the spirit and his water's inhabitants are dying. Only with a lot of determination Woaky could save the environment and get back his powers.

Screen Shot
The scheenshot is a 640x480 but the game is 800x600 16bit color....

Development Progress:

Story: 100%
Scripting: 50%
Graphics: 90%
Sound/Music: 50%
Book: 80%

Web site opening: 30 January 2006
Expected demo date: April 2006
Expected completion date: September 2006 maybe before

I hope to translate the game and book in 5 languages.
See you soon :-)

JRock

Wow!  This looks excellent!  Great job on the backgrounds!
Can't wait to try it out!   ;)

ildu

Looks awesome. Are you distributing this to any environment protection organizations? And how long a game are you going for? The progress percentages promise quite a lot.

Tomas

Looks and sounds really interesting. It reminds me of Gilbert Goodmate for some reason. Which is a good thing. :) I wish you the best of luck!

scourge

WOW! That looks positively awesome! I am in awe.

guybrush

The graphics are just beutiful!  Keep up the great work!
SPY FUNCTION-- My first game
C O M I N G   S O O N !

Kinoko

As those before me said, excellent backgrounds! I really like your graphic style. I especially like the way you drew the river... waterfall spirit guy.

ManicMatt

Gilbert Goodmate? This looks way better!

*Looks on google*

Ah! I see, I was thinking of the apparently canned original Amiga version which looks entirely different.

This sure looks gorgeous doesn't it?

ZakMcKracken

Here we are...

site of Woaky project open!

Please take a look on the story of this adventure in progress:
http://www.woaky.com

comments and suggestion are always welcome of course (even correction of english errors)!

Thank you
Woaky project staff

Cluey

Whoa, the graphics remind me so much of CMI.  Good job.
Aramore
My webcomic.

Rd27

This looks very interesting!
Very good graphics. Reminds much of Runaway a road adventure.

Good luck with this :).

ZakMcKracken

Hello,

I'm here with my friend Vale.

Quote from: ildu on Wed 25/01/2006 22:24:03
Looks awesome. Are you distributing this to any environment protection organizations? And how long a game are you going for? The progress percentages promise quite a lot.
Thank you very much, ildu. Our intention is to distribute our game through environmental organization. If you want to watch, please visite our site (http://www.woaky.com), "Distribution" section.
The game is quite long, it has about 30 rooms and many puzzles, of different difficult to solve, and there are some nice cutscenes.

Please wait until we are able to release a playable demo (april - may 2006).

Regards

ZakMcKracken

Quote from: Cluey on Mon 30/01/2006 12:32:16
Whoa, the graphics remind me so much of CMI.  Good job.
Hello Cluey,
we were inspired from Monkey Island saga, of course. Thank you for your comment!

Regards

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk