Background Blitz - Ruins - Winner Inside

Started by Sektor 13, Sat 18/02/2006 10:06:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Sektor 13

Here it is and old place: :D

Topic: The Ruins

Colours: unlimited

Res: 320x200 or 320x240

Voting will take place on the 3th and 4th of March. Please give one vote in each of the following categories:

* Best Idea - Where will the ruins be !? A jungle ? An alien planet ? Desert ? Purple planet :).

* Best Design - The style of the picture, architectural, landscape design, best mood, complex stones...

* Best Functionality - How well it would work when adding sprites, including appropriate walking distances, good angle for character sprites, clever walkway solutions, easily understood exits etc.

* Best Technique - How good does it feel to the eye, lightning effects...

example:

Saberteeth

i'm in,... Expect my entry in about  a week or two...

ildu

This theme totally coincides with my current project, so I'll give it a go once again. Perhaps this time I won't be distracted by another inspiration :D.

The Ivy

Sweet, this might give me an excuse to use the new graphics tablet. :)

scourge

that's unfair .. you got a tablet :)

Don't worry, i'll post my entry here if i enter.

Afflict

OK I guess I am first took me about 2nhalf hours... dognabit Sleep deprevation is harse!

I only recently started these background thingies so well lets see, hey you can check out my other one at the critics lounge!

well i redid it a little..

Heres my reference:

Sam.

Bye bye thankyou I love you.

skw

Hmm... interesting topic, maybe I`ll draw something for practise, as well without tablet (damn, I really need it).

This one is a lot better, Afflict. Kinda messy, but better. ;)
a.k.a. johnnyspade

Afflict

:D Thanks

I am deffinitely getting there... Cant wait to see some more up here.

gameboy

A quick one... So it's tryen' to be an abandoned house. But it didn't turn out exactly as I planned... :P

Corey

looks like it got hit by a twister but it looks nice  :)
Greatest thrill
Not to kill
But to have the prize of the night
Hypocrite
Wannabe friend
13th disciple who betrayed me for nothing!

Saberteeth

Looks more like being hit by a meteor. Remmember Maniac Mansion?  ;D

bush_monkey

Okay, I just got bored and never finished it but I thought I would post it anyway:

Maybe I'll get round to finishing it at some point but those bricks are so tiresome ::)

biothlebop

"As we are speaking, a giant homicidal lego man with my lunch is on the loose. So I was thinking if  I could have dibbs on that sandwich."

Used a random image of Venice as ref.
Hell is like Tetris, make sure that you fit.

Corey

Greatest thrill
Not to kill
But to have the prize of the night
Hypocrite
Wannabe friend
13th disciple who betrayed me for nothing!

biothlebop

because i referenced a picture, sampling colors and scaled it.

DanClarke

Normally i wouldnt do this, but i dont think it's fair that people spend a lot of time on entries and you try to suggest this is 'referenced'. Referencing means you look at an image for colour values and composition etc, not a direct paintover of a photograph.

biothlebop

Afflict

I think the only real way of becoming brilliant at background art is to study photos scenes or anything for that matter. Using a reference is way better well untill you get so good you dont need it. (Used mostly for colors anyway)

I am completely new at this and well I want to achieve the highest quality background that I can posibly get.

Sektor 13

Quote from: DanClarke on Fri 24/02/2006 13:10:43

Normally i wouldnt do this, but i dont think it's fair that people spend a lot of time on entries and you try to suggest this is 'referenced'. Referencing means you look at an image for colour values and composition etc, not a direct paintover of a photograph.

I agree, so  BIOTLEBOPs entry doesn't count !! Until he draws completly new picture (not a PAINTOVER!)
sorry. >:(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk