Fallen Angel (MAGS March 2006)

Started by Reven, Mon 27/03/2006 00:39:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder 🚀

Fallen Angel

Once upon a time, on the island of Nithrm,
their inhabitants noticed an unusally white light on the sky.
As its size increased, they started to perceive a sharper form.
After a while it became obvious that white light was winged!
Before they could realize how important this fact was,
something landed (or rather crashed) with a dry sound.
The nearest person to the crash site, as curious as every human creature is, went to check at once.
This person was no other than Helmer, a neither too powerful nor too rich inhabitant of the island, simply put, a game maker.
When he arrived, he couldn't belive his eyes.
There was a tall figure lying on the stone floor in white clothes, human-like but with wings on its back.
It was an angel.

Screenshots:

[Edit:]
You can now download the game without the music:
Download the game.

Music Pack can be downloaded here:
Download the music pack.

[Note:]
I suggest reading the readme for information about the ingame controls.

Enjoy it!

----
Won the MAGS March 2006

Desmond

"I don't need to go here."
"That won't work."

As soon as I can get the game to say something else to me, I'll provide more feedback.   :-[

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Desmond on Mon 27/03/2006 01:00:59
"I don't need to go here."
"That won't work."

As soon as I can get the game to say something else to me, I'll provide more feedback.Ã,  Ã, :-[

Hi Desmond
Spoiler

As the Angel said, you have to find a cave, and you will for sure not find a cave in the house, by the water, norÃ,  by the fire place, try to go where the path ends near the 2 mountains..
anyway, reason I added "I don't need to go here." is that it is better than not doing anything on those places. or? :)
[close]

hope this will get you on track..

Desmond

Spoiler
I found the entrance to the cave, and the symbol, but it doesn't look like the cave is opening anytime soon.
[close]

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Desmond on Mon 27/03/2006 01:15:23
Spoiler
I found the entrance to the cave, and the symbol, but it doesn't look like the cave is opening anytime soon.
[close]

Spoiler
Go to the other mountain side. for the left mountain...
[close]

Desmond

Spoiler
Should have mentioned that I grabbed the robot card with "Lou" written on it.  I've tried using it on the symbol on the door, I've tried using the kinfe on the symbol, the knife on the card (to clean the dirt off), the card on Helmer (to clean the dirt off -- he doesn't want to get his shirt dirty), and the knife on Helmer (he doesn't "yet" see a reason to cut himself).

I tried using both items on Gloria and have exhausted the dialog tree with her.  I even tried touching her... but Helmer chose to admire the view rather than get physical.   :)
[close]

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Desmond on Mon 27/03/2006 01:25:19
Spoiler
Should have mentioned that I grabbed the robot card with "Lou" written on it.Ã,  I've tried using it on the symbol on the door, I've tried using the kinfe on the symbol, the knife on the card (to clean the dirt off), the card on Helmer (to clean the dirt off -- he doesn't want to get his shirt dirty), and the knife on Helmer (he doesn't "yet" see a reason to cut himself).

I tried using both items on Gloria and have exhausted the dialog tree with her.Ã,  I even tried touching her... but Helmer chose to admire the view rather than get physical.Ã,  Ã, :)
[close]

Spoiler
there is something more to do on the left mountain, try looking and interacting on everything there.
[close]

Desmond

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but:

Spoiler
I can get the robot disc over and over by re-entering the screen.
[close]

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Desmond on Mon 27/03/2006 01:29:41
I'm not sure if this is a bug, but:

Spoiler
I can get the robot disc over and over by re-entering the screen.
[close]

could you be more spesific pls?

Desmond

Sure:

Spoiler
Walk to: Mountain Side (left side)
Look at left rock ("It is a rock."  "Looks like there is a disc under it.")
Interact with robot disc ("This robot disc might come in handy.")
Look at left rock ("Looks like there is a disc under it.")
The disc reappears, interact with the disc again, take it again, repeat ad infinitum.

Obviously it only gets added to the inventory once, but you can repeat this cycle...

The only two hotspots I can find on this screen are the two rocks, am I missing something?
[close]

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Desmond on Mon 27/03/2006 01:36:38
Sure:

Spoiler
Walk to: Mountain Side (left side)
Look at left rock ("It is a rock."Ã,  "Looks like there is a disc under it.")
Interact with robot disc ("This robot disc might come in handy.")
Look at left rock ("Looks like there is a disc under it.")
The disc reappears, interact with the disc again, take it again, repeat ad infinitum.

Obviously it only gets added to the inventory once, but you can repeat this cycle...

The only two hotspots I can find on this screen are the two rocks, am I missing something?
[close]

ok, found the bug, and it is fixed and I uploading now.

as for your question:
Spoiler
there is something all the way to the right on the end..
[close]

Desmond

My pixel-hunting must not be up to par.  I can only find the two hotspots on that screen.

Spoiler
Edit:  Okay, nevermind... it's a pretty obvious "feature," but since I didn't get a mouse-over hotspot notification, I simply ignored it.  I'm not sure if you forgot to include the label, or if it was intentional.
[close]

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Desmond on Mon 27/03/2006 01:52:20
My pixel-hunting must not be up to par.Ã,  I can only find the two hotspots on that screen.

just checked the game, here is the reason:
Spoiler
Forgot to give the object a name, cause I uses 2 objects for it... so, it is no name on it, (on the updated version that is soon done uploading it says "something" on it.
[close]

Desmond

Just finished it up.  The "wrong room" was... haha.   :-X

Anyway, nice job.  I wish I could have explored some of the other areas on the world map, though!   ;)

Rosie

Desmond:

Spoiler
I am by the hand machine room...... I have hand, rag, cup of water, knife.  What do I do now?

[close]

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Desmond on Mon 27/03/2006 02:20:22
Just finished it up.Ã,  The "wrong room" was... haha.Ã,  Ã, :-X

Anyway, nice job.Ã,  I wish I could have explored some of the other areas on the world map, though!Ã,  Ã, ;)

Yeah, I should have done that, but I decided not to to be sure to have enough time for testing etc..

Desmond

Rosie:

Level 1:
Spoiler
The hand and the hand scanner are a good fit, sure, but nothing happens.  Why might that be?
[close]

Level 2:
Spoiler
If the hand scanner were broken, it wouldn't work.
[close]

Level 3:
Spoiler
Use the knife to remove the panel, and then get Lou to repair the scanner for you.  The option won't appear in the dialog until you have the hand.
[close]

Jozef

Nice game, albeit a little overscripted for my sensitive stomach ;)

Quote from: Peder Johnsen on Mon 27/03/2006 00:39:06I suggest reading the readme for information about the ingame controls.
I'd like to point out that the shortcut to the readme file points to the wrong location, though.Ã,  And sorry; don't know how to make it point to the correct file, as everybody will unzip your game elsewhere.

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Jozef on Mon 27/03/2006 06:32:25
Nice game, albeit a little overscripted for my sensitive stomach ;)

what do you mean by overscripted ? :o :P

Quote from: Jozef on Mon 27/03/2006 06:32:25
Quote from: Peder Johnsen on Mon 27/03/2006 00:39:06I suggest reading the readme for information about the ingame controls.
I'd like to point out that the shortcut to the readme file points to the wrong location, though.Ã,  And sorry; don't know how to make it point to the correct file, as everybody will unzip your game elsewhere.

The readme shortcut points the the HTML readme file inside the hidden folder "readme".

Sinitrena

OK, I finished the game. It was a bit short (and easy), in my opinion, but it had a few funny moments
Spoiler
the wrong room joke was good, but it didn't fit in the story at all
[close]
The graphics are simple but that's not a problem (actually, I like simple graphics). What I don't like is the linearity of the story and that you repeated one puzzel
Spoiler
I'm talking about Lou helpng to repair the panels
[close]
A few more comments from the main character would be good too
Spoiler
There is a dead man and all the character says is that he is dead? There is a piece of paper and the character doesn't read it? (Could be a good possibility for a joke, by the way)
[close]
On the map screen the character sometimes gets stuck (I think expand the walkable areas a bit would do the trick) and the spots for the different locations were a bit small.

I like your game., even though its very short.
Good luck with the competition.  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk