Fallen Angel (MAGS March 2006)

Started by Reven, Mon 27/03/2006 00:39:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Sinitrena on Mon 27/03/2006 14:19:08
OK, I finished the game. It was a bit short (and easy), in my opinion, but it had a few funny moments
Spoiler
the wrong room joke was good, but it didn't fit in the story at all
[close]
The graphics are simple but that's not a problem (actually, I like simple graphics). What I don't like is the linearity of the story and that you repeated one puzzel
Spoiler
I'm talking about Lou helpng to repair the panels
[close]
A few more comments from the main character would be good too
Spoiler
There is a dead man and all the character says is that he is dead? There is a piece of paper and the character doesn't read it? (Could be a good possibility for a joke, by the way)
[close]
On the map screen the character sometimes gets stuck (I think expand the walkable areas a bit would do the trick) and the spots for the different locations were a bit small.

I like your game., even though its very short.
Good luck with the competition.Ã,  :D

Thanks for feedback :).
Yeah I agree on your opinions, and I might make an updated version later with also the other places and more puzzles. but for now I dont have time :P.

Simple grapichs cause thats what I can manage for now :P.

Spoiler
The bonus room was only meant as a joke and not to fit the story at all, since it was a mistake by the "game" sending you to a room of another game :).
[close]

And thanks, so far it looks like its just you and me competing....

Jozef

Quote from: Peder Johnsen on Mon 27/03/2006 13:46:27what do you mean by overscripted ? :o :P
Spoiler
Just the fact that nearly each step unlocked another piece of action, and I had to try on all the actions that didn't work previously.Ã,  For example, using the knife on my character worked only after trying to insert the dirty disk into the robot.Ã,  I tried to use the knife on me before that, and when I needed to clean the disk I never thought of using it again, until I ran out of all other options.
[close]

QuoteThe readme shortcut points the the HTML readme file inside the hidden folder "readme".
Actually, it points to "D:\peder\spill prosjekt\The Fallen Angel\readme\readme.html"

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Jozef on Mon 27/03/2006 17:04:10
Spoiler
Just the fact that nearly each step unlocked another piece of action, and I had to try on all the actions that didn't work previously.Ã,  For example, using the knife on my character worked only after trying to insert the dirty disk into the robot.Ã,  I tried to use the knife on me before that, and when I needed to clean the disk I never thought of using it again, until I ran out of all other options.
[close]

Spoiler
When you use the knife on you before using the disc on the robot he says he don't need to do it yet.
[close]

Quote from: Jozef on Mon 27/03/2006 17:04:10
QuoteThe readme shortcut points the the HTML readme file inside the hidden folder "readme".
Actually, it points to "D:\peder\spill prosjekt\The Fallen Angel\readme\readme.html"

oohh, sorry, my fault.

Rosie

Thank you for such a nice game........Really enjoyed playing it. And that remark was so cute about your girlfriend in the credits.

Desmond

A lot of good points...

Spoiler
Why would Helmer be worried about getting his shirt dirty, but perfectly okay with cutting a piece of it off?
[close]

I noticed the repeated puzzle thing as well.

Was there any use for the cup of water that you can get?

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Rosie on Mon 27/03/2006 19:58:48
Thank you for such a nice game........Really enjoyed playing it. And that remark was so cute about your girlfriend in the credits.

Thanks.

:P

Quote from: Desmond on Mon 27/03/2006 19:59:29
A lot of good points...

Spoiler
Why would Helmer be worried about getting his shirt dirty, but perfectly okay with cutting a piece of it off?
[close]

I noticed the repeated puzzle thing as well.

Spoiler
he was okey with cutting a piece of cause it was just a tiny bit :). and cause he would rather cut off a piece than walk around with dirt on his t-shirt.
[close]

Quote from: Desmond on Mon 27/03/2006 19:59:29
Was there any use for the cup of water that you can get?

Spoiler
no, the cup of water is a "nouse" item.
[close]

Petra

Just my opinion...

Despite the fact, that the game was much too short :(

I really loved the graphics and the "Monkey Island-ish" map....

GREAT GAME!

I'm looking forward to much more good stuff by Peder!

TassieDevil

Hmm, quite a big game for such a short one.

I always wondered if game makers would consider music parts to be optional... I have no sound on and if someone distributes midi my computer crashes. But that is a different topic.

Reading through these pages after I got stuck - I gave up.
Spoiler

I had the panel off and asked the robot for help, he was saying he can't help me until the panel was off, well - it was off - now what? And the text "Can you fix the scanner" appeared twice in dialogue box. I kept asking 5 times, eventually it happened. Cutting off a hand :o was not my cup of tea, but ignore that! So finally I gave the life crystal to Gloria, but nothing happened - is this the end?
[close]

The graphics are simple but really ok. I found it diffcult to find the hot spots on the map - given there are a few and only 3 been used? Using the inventory was difficult at first and I really would have liked to use right-click to change between modes, i.e walk, interact,.... Walking into the door didn't work, I had to interact - even though the little screen said "go-in".

I ran it in a window mode instead of full screen and the cursor changed between normal and "game-cursor", making it diffuclt to pick options on the bottom of the screen.

Fun and ok for 30 minutes! Well done.

Desmond

Tassie:

Spoiler
There are two things you need to give to Gloria; the life crystal is one of them.  You'll know it's over because the credits will start rolling.   ;D
[close]

Peder 🚀

Quote from: TassieDevil on Mon 27/03/2006 22:25:42
Spoiler

I had the panel off and asked the robot for help, he was saying he can't help me until the panel was off, well - it was off - now what? And the text "Can you fix the scanner" appeared twice in dialogue box. I kept asking 5 times, eventually it happened. Cutting off a hand :o was not my cup of tea, but ignore that! So finally I gave the life crystal to Gloria, but nothing happened - is this the end?
[close]

First thanks for comments, and yeah, the music is one of the reasons why it is such a "big game".

second: I sorry about the confusion in the game but what you experienced is cause of a update I made not long ago, and I appearently forgot a small code. I fixing that problem now, and will upload asap.

[Edit:]
Fixed, Uploaded & Ready to be downloaded again!

nihilyst

Hey, that was a nice little game. the music was very good, although I wish there had been some more responses, but I guess, you hadn't the time for that. I wondered, why you made the background in 640*400, since bgs with that size, plus drawn in paint, tend to look a bit empty. The GUIs were 320*200, IIRC. But nevertheless: Good game!

cheers
nihilyst

Mordalles

thanks peder, i really enjoyed this game. i especially liked the music and the gui.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Peder 🚀

Quote from: nihilyst on Mon 27/03/2006 23:22:38
Hey, that was a nice little game. the music was very good, although I wish there had been some more responses, but I guess, you hadn't the time for that. I wondered, why you made the background in 640*400, since bgs with that size, plus drawn in paint, tend to look a bit empty. The GUIs were 320*200, IIRC. But nevertheless: Good game!

cheers
nihilyst

Thanks for comments, yeah, I not really that well known with art etc, so, I never thought about it, that it would maybe been easier to do that.

Quote from: Mordalles on Tue 28/03/2006 00:08:58
thanks peder, i really enjoyed this game. i especially liked the music and the gui.

Thanks to you to :).
I like the gui myself ;D lol :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk