Quest Fighter: beat-em-up with Graham and Roger!

Started by Mortal Wombat, Sat 01/04/2006 11:06:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Mortal Wombat

Get rrready to rrrumble! In the style of Celebrity Deathmatch, the heroes of classical Quest games duke it out to decide once and for all which of them is the best and greatest! Will Graham's royal rage lead him to victory over Larry's cheap wine? Can Roger's plasma shield save the day? Or will agent Bonds simply arrest the lot of them? You can make the difference! Download now... if you dare!

Click here!

Mirror site thanks to Peder Johnson

Full moves list

April Fool's text below
Spoiler

During the nineties, Sierra's profits were dropping and they were looking for some other ways of revenue. They were talking to a number of other groups and see what they could do. One of those groups was the Mortal Kombat team, and a demo was created for a MK game with Sierra characters.

Alas, they had disagreements over the amount of violence and disemboweling that should be in the game, so the project was eventually stopped by management, and both parties moved on to other places.

But as the internet works, it would be only a matter of time before the tech demo was leaked and is now publically available. So you can now play it! Click here! Use your favorite Sierra guys to beat up one another. It's great, and it's a shame this game was never published.
[close]

bspeers

Best "joke" game in a long time.  Amazed actually it wasn't simply a prank.

I played through the "story" mode and was consistently impressed and amused--wasn't really convinced it had been done in AGS for a while.  With some further tweaking this could be a really fun and somewhat pointless game!

One question--all the bosses seem to have a variety of special moves--are these accessible through some key combination?  I don't think I accessed any of them.
I also really liked my old signature.

Afflict

Anybody want to upload an alternate link?

Peder 🚀

Afflict

Thanks

Ok i figured out some moves...
Spoiler

Wilco : Forward Down Back shift (acid throw)
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, back down forward ctrl (dodge roll)

Sonny : Have some moves just prssed keys and got him to shoot etc.
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  back back forward shift (pr24)
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, then i pressed forward down back and shift and he shot a single shot however cant get him to do it again.

LarryÃ,  : back back forward shift (throws glass)
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  downÃ,  down (might need to tap down repeatedly) then ctr (polka dance/ kick?)

Graham : back forward back forward shift (dust cloud)
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  back down back shift (goat call)

[close]

However he is the strongest due to his long range weapon. Almost impossible to beat.

Mortal wombat some errors?? the f1 help says that player 2's controls has awsd and x??

also disclaimer says all graphics etc belong to sierra... that street fighter logo might dissagree.

Well anyway sweet title except larry etc no moves trying to figure out. Would love too see you put in own key selections etc cause my google desktop pops up everytime i press double ctrl and windows sticky kys i disabled now...

Still interesting one question why use the ags version of graham?

EDIT://

SWEET!!

Spoiler

I killed all the other characters and pop up comes "Devon" well he was about a 30 second challenge. I was graham btw way.

I dig the endings. I guess there is one for every character. Well that my quest to finish with all now.

Nice game just look at above mentioned issues and well fix graham and then also wilco is transparent in many cases.

[close]

edit more stuff

Spoiler

Ok now i finished with wilco. The only problem with his ending is some spelling. While beating up people is refreshing for a "chance" (this should be change)

Ps you ever gonna release a move guide?
[close]

Nostradamus

fun fun fun  ;D

I would also like the move guide

Graham is really annoying with his goats and eagles...

What would really rule is if their were fatalities in the game, like Mortal Kombat

Afflict

The game looses its novelty pretty quickly but was fun none the less for a couple of minutes..

Mortal Wombat

I've uploaded a new version with some AI tweaks, adjusted some damage levels (e.g. Graham's goat) and a higher difficulty setting. It should no longer be possible to trounce Devon like that :)

Quote from: Afflict on Sun 02/04/2006 01:38:14
However he is the strongest due to his long range weapon. Almost impossible to beat.
Who is? Graham? They all have missiles though.

Mortal wombat some errors?? the f1 help says that player 2's controls has awsd and x??
You can use both S and X depending on what feels best for you

Well anyway sweet title except larry etc no moves trying to figure out.
Sorry but I didn't understand that.

Still inte1resting one question why use the ags version of graham?
Because he's cuter.

Nice game just look at above mentioned issues and well fix graham and then also wilco is transparent in many cases.
Er, that would be, er, chameleon camouflage polymer. Yes, that's it.

Ps you ever gonna release a move guide?
Might be a nice idea... tell you what, if you start one I'll help you out with the missing moves.

Spoiler

Yes, it's possible to play as Devon.
[close]

What would really rule is if their were fatalities in the game, like Mortal Kombat
Nice idea. I would put them in if someone would draw them for me...

Afflict

I have already done that making a move guide its under a /hide banner so you cant see it without highlighting it...Ã,  :-\

Peder 🚀

Play_Pretend

No freakin' way...I had the idea for this game *this morning*.  Weeeeeeeird.

I know a lot of people have probably thought of the Celebrity Deathmatch idea before, I was going to use a ton of Sierra characters, including older versions...KQ1 Graham vs. KQ5 Graham, for example. :)

Sweet that you made it!

Krysis

I had no idea AGS could do this.  :o
Amasing! Now I wanna do a Quest Fighter too... Too bad I can only make sprites. Let's hope one day I'll learn that scripting thing.

Afflict

MMM observe...

Quote from: Mortal Wombat on Sun 02/04/2006 18:41:41
Nice idea. I would put them in if someone would draw them for me...

Quote from: Relentless on Mon 03/04/2006 17:04:49
Now I wanna do a Quest Fighter too... Too bad I can only make sprites. Let's hope one day I'll learn that scripting thing.

A match made in heaven..Ã,  ;)

KingMick

This is THE BEST ags parody game I've ever seen.  Just the fact that someone did this cracks me up, and the game is very satisfying.

Might I make a request?  QUEST FIGHTER II!!!!!  I'd really love to see a sequel--basically an extension of the first one, but including at least the following characters: KQ5 graham (but keep the old Graham too), Quest for Glory Hero (you could call him Unnamed Hero), Torin (from Torin's Passage).  And if you are at all interested in using non-Sierra adventure characters, you might also include: Sam (from Sam 'n' Max), a Maniac Mansion character, April Ryan (of The Longest Journey, because it needs a female character), and as a bonus funny secret character: the main character of MYST!  Basically, the sprite would be a giant question mark, since the whole point of Myst is that the hero is always unknown.  But that question mark could have some rokkin moves...

bspeers

I believe the QFG char is in there, isn't he?  He has a name in this version, however.

As for female characters, Laura Bow would be interesting to see, and she is a Sierra char.

Regardless, great parody game--I wonder how many people didn't download it due to the fact that it came out on April Fools?

I really need to improve my online grammar and diction.
I also really liked my old signature.

Radiant

That was really fun :D

The QfG hero is actually the boss of the game; you get him after you defeat the other three. He's got a whole lot of missile moves, and an nasty shield move that reflects your shots, including Graham's goat attack. His name is Devon (I'm not sure where that came from) and I hope there's a secret code to play as him.

I'd love to see a sequel. It would be great if you could play as Guybrush or Purple Tentacle or something... actually since it's an AGS game it would be even greater if you could play as Larry Vales or No-Action Jackson :)

Oh yeah, I found out...
Spoiler

Roger's slide move is done by holding downward a while then press control.
Graham's teleport is hold down a while, press back, press control. Not sure where that condor comes from, though.
Oh yeah and Larry's dust cloud move is the same as Grahams (back, forward, back, forward, shift).
[close]

Iv4n

Sony's shoot:
Spoiler
F, D, F, F, D, Shift
[close]

Kinoko

Wow, will play this when I get home tonight!

Here's how I see the progression:

Quest Fighter
Quest Fighter VGA
Quest Fighter - Old Skool
Quest Fighter - Womens!
Quest Fighter - Lucasarts Ed.
Quest Fighter - Sierra vs. Lucasarts!
Quest Fighter - AGS
Quest Fighter - All-Stars Rumble Turbo X!!!

KingMick

LOL.  And then "Quest Fighter vs. Marvel vs. Capcom vs. Mortal Kombat"!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk