Ben Jordan Case 5

Started by Grundislav, Sun 02/04/2006 03:10:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Grundislav

So several people may or may not have fallen for my reverse April Fool's gag.Ã,  In any case, Ben Jordan 5 is done.

In the event that anyone needs a hint, please go to the Official Hint Thread

Also, please refrain from posting in this thread with one-word posts or stuff like "awesome! I'm downloading it right now!"Ã,  Some form of feedback would be appreciated if you are gonna respond.Ã,  :)

Otherwise, enjoy!

http://www.grundislavgames.com/games/bj5.zip

Screenshot:

After the events in London, Ben Jordan returns home for a much needed rest. One day, he receives a conference call from his friends Simon Booth and Alice Wilkins. Simon has heard of a series of murders in Osaka, Japan, and thinks there is some sort of paranormal activity involved. Ben, Simon, and Alice travel to Japan, but soon find there is much more to the story than they first thought...

marlamoe

I am in heaven.  It was SO hard not to break the rules and ask about this game.  Hope everything is fine for you after that nasty hurricane.  Thanks for the game.  Can't wait to start!!

Rosie

YEAH
The best games are Ben Jordan games

Afflict

OMG OMG OMG OMG
Ã,  :oÃ,  Ã, Ã,  :oÃ,  Ã,  Ã, :oÃ,  Ã,  Ã, :o

The time has come... I cannot believe it!!!

Download, burn to cd and hide in vault underneath shoes in closet...

dasjoe

don't play it, we unanimously decided it sucks
... it's quite easy being the best.

Afflict

Hajo get some sleep and then reply again ;)

Man 58% into download...

AAAARGH

Edit:// This game is just the quality we came to expect from grundislav in fact way better this time.

BTW grundislav post some screenies and give the  others a break down on what the games about.

Great game love the backgrounds they came out neat as well as the levators some confusing stuff and some really interesting puzzles. (not posting go find the hints forum ;) )

I am now on 48 points or something halfway through the game almost (point wise) The game seems to be taking an interesting turn... Well I am stuck now so will figure it out and get back to you when I have completed it.

PS : It was worth the wait guys.

Grundislav

Quote from: Grundislav on Sun 02/04/2006 03:10:09
Also, please refrain from posting in this thread with one-word posts or stuff like "awesome! I'm downloading it right now!"Ã,  Some form of feedback would be appreciated if you are gonna respond.

:P

Dr. Scary

Downloaded and played through it yesterday. Kept me up several hours. Best BJ I've had in years. ;)

Hammerite

YAY ALL OF THE MAKING MASSIVE THREADS IS OVER NOW
WILL DOWNLOAD IMMEDIATELY!
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

Grundislav

Why do I even bother?

Okay, maybe some reverse psychology.

HEY EVERYBODY ARE YOU DOWNLOADING IT??! AWESOME TELL ME WHAT PERCENTAGE ITS AT!!!

marlamoe

I recant

Quote from: Grundislav on Sun 02/04/2006 08:06:01
Why do I even bother?

Okay, maybe some reverse psychology.

HEY EVERYBODY ARE YOU DOWNLOADING IT??! AWESOME TELL ME WHAT PERCENTAGE ITS AT!!!

Geesh what do you want?Ã,  Ã, Some of us (not all), followed the rules of not bringing up old threads.Ã,  I personally waited patiently...didn't even play the demo.Ã,  I just wanted to let you know how happy I was that you were safe and that the game was uploaded.Ã,  I cared about you more than the game, (sent you a message but you did not respond months ago)Ã,  but was thrilled to see it finished.Ã,  I will be sure not to say a word next time.Ã, 

Here you go:Ã,  download 100%..only took about a minute for me.Ã,  Game play...am still on first day.Ã,  Graphics...awesome.Ã,  Ã, GUI...simple.Ã,  Your game is great.Ã,  Last you will hear of me here.

Scorpio_Phoenix

OMG!! ITS HERE!  ;D i love ben jordan.....BEST GAMES EVER!!

I love it already  :D great plot. Very mysterious. I can tell i'll be at this game for a while lol im already stuck lol.

UP

Quote from: Grundislav on Sun 02/04/2006 05:43:14
Quote from: Grundislav on Sun 02/04/2006 03:10:09
Also, please refrain from posting in this thread with one-word posts or stuff like "awesome! I'm downloading it right now!"Ã,  Some form of feedback would be appreciated if you are gonna respond.

:P
:D

Actually, I have to admit I'm doing the same thing for a while too, but once I get around to playing it, I'll edit my comments here. I swear!

Anyways, umm... Awesome! Downloading right now! Actually, I already did that, so that's not true... anyways, as before, been a fan since you released the first. Though you seem to always release them around the time I have to study a lot...Ã,  :P

I guess you could've had one episode in between, and then brought Simon and Alice back, but I guess there's not much difference in it I guess (or something) :)

(Edit): Ah, now I played it for a bit. Seems like another great Ben Jordan! There are some things about the graphics, perspective quirks and such, and the rooms are quite large, yet empty (though the emptiness is actually a pretty good thing, so you won't have too many things to check). Nothing too huge though. The story seems quite interesting, though it's a bit odd that they just decide to go there without being called or anything. How can they know they can get any information? Didn't really play much, but as I said, looks excellent!

I also hope that he'll wear the legendary clothes at some point. At least in a following game. On the other hand, it would be cool if he in the last game he wears them in a Batman-like way, if you know what I mean :P The clothes were just über-cool!

DoorKnobHandle

I played it through yesterday. It was great, I absolutely loved the atmosphere! I really can't see if it was better than Case 4, but it was definitely a great follow-up. First I kinda fell for your April Fools joke, but then I realized how finished the version was that your created user posted...

Some constructive criticism: First of all it may be a good idea to increase Ben's walking speed or make it user-customizable, because he walked a bit too slow for my taste. Your cutscenes (that are skippable with ESC) are placed strangely - it's great that you can skip the elevator scenes with ESC but there were still a lot of times, where I had to wait way too long for my taste (for example you can't skip the intro for the TV-show and I had to watch it over and over, because I wanted to win it). Then I managed to get that
Spoiler
poisoned fish from the sushi bar twice
[close]
somehow and I analyzed it twice and got the same dialog resuluts, which was kinda strange. One more thing about dialog lines: After
Spoiler
Shinobi is found dead
[close]
Ben still wouldn't want to search through the cabinets etc., because "it would be kinda rude to go through his stuff while he's right there watching you"...

But I don't want to sound overly harsh, it was an absolutly great game once again! Very worthy to wait for (I already can't wait for Case 6). I loved the TV-show and all your other creative ideas. Nice work! :D

EDIT: Another bug, on the day after I could see the
Spoiler
poison fishes in the acquarium
[close]
in the backroom of the sushi bar, there were some kind of splash sprite instead of the fishes at the acquarium. I couldn't really make out what it should be and the description text still called it "fish", on looking at it, Ben said "those are those poisonous fish" or something.

EDIT 2: Added [ hide ] - spoiler tags on request...

Mats Berglinn

It's very great game. In my oppinon it is the greatest of all games. Just one little thing though:

Spoiler
When you take the wire, Ben doesn't go to the computer to get it.
[close]

bush_monkey

dkh, if you're gonna talk about the storyline, please use spoiler tags!

DoorKnobHandle

Ok, I'll edit my post. I didn't use spoilers because I didn't think I'd give too much away.

Hammerite

Great game. I'll try not to harass you to much about the next one.
Spoiler
Was this the first one where the paranormal was proven false?
[close]

edit:: sorry!
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

xenogia

Hammerite spoiler, you just ruined the game for me

Gord10

I have just completed the game. Congrats, Grundislav! It is a very good job, I think Case 5 is the best game in the Ben Jordan series.
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk