Ben Jordan Case 5

Started by Grundislav, Sun 02/04/2006 03:10:09

Previous topic - Next topic

nihilyst

Great game! I really appreciated it!

Mortadelo

I liked this game, in fact I think it's the best in the BJ saga.

I really liked:

Spoiler
1. It was nice to see how it began with some kind of paranormal investigation and then it all changed, giving us a logical explanation.

2. How Ben faces his past, his relationships, etc.

3. I really liked the sprites. Nice work.

4. That odd character from the japanese tv show. Pretty funny.
[close]

I didn't like or at least I think it could have been improved:

Spoiler
1. I know it's hard to make a game, but I think it needs to be longer, with more challenging puzzles and more research during the investigation.

2. The backgrounds are nice, but not as the spritesÃ,  :P

3. It's hard to believe that the japanese police let a young "paranormal investigator" mess with their investigation. It's just a game, ok, but we could be given a rational explanation.
[close]

Otherwise, a pretty good game. Good work!

"You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing"

"Life's a piece of shit when you look at it. Life's a laugh and death's a joke; it's true."

MissyChelle

Downloading right now!!!  ;D
~*MissyChelle*~

EKM

Oh wow! I'm really excited now =)

I've been waiting for this game for a long time.

passer-by

Quote from: Mortadelo on Sun 02/04/2006 17:36:33
Spoiler
3. It's hard to believe that the japanese police let a young "paranormal investigator" mess with their investigation. It's just a game, ok, but we could be given a rational explanation.
[close]

Spoiler
They didn't exactly "let" him do so...Ã,  ;)
[close]

MillsJROSS

My review of day one.

There's not much to say. So far the story is interesting enough. The graphics are the same, and since it's better than I can do, they're brilliant. The music works well.

My only complaint is ackward exit areas. Sometimes it's hard to see where the exit really is. It wouldn't be such a problem, but Ben Jordan is slow enough that if you guess wrong it just kind of slows the pace of the game. The dialog is the same, some of it is good, some of it is a little strange. I don't personally like the dialog option with an exclamation point, but that's my personaly preference.

and one confusing thing for me
Spoiler
The names of the victims...it was kind of annoying that BJ didn't naturally just write them down in the notebook, only because he does this naturally when he finds something to do. It also took me a while to realise, that in the inventory I had a list of the names, apart from the notebook, when I kept trying to show the notebook to Ben's friend. Also, not a huge problem, but Ben's friend only took like five seconds to research the names.
[close]

But most of these are small complaints, and I haven't finished the game, yet. I'm enjoying what I've played so far.

-MillsJROSS

Grundislav

Marlamoe: I'm sorry I didn't mean for you to get upset, I know lots of people are excited and stuff but it's just kind of annoying when the thread gets cluttered up with a bunch of posts that just say "OH BOY I'M DOWNLOADING IT!!"Ã,  Several people who did it have gone back and edited them later to include their comments, so that was fine.Ã,  I didn't mean for you to stop posting.

The bug where you can get the fugu more than once has been fixed, just re-download the game if you got the April Fool's Day version.

Everyone else: Thanks for the comments!  :)

KristjanMan

I like it 8)

Veery nice game I simply love all the BJ's right now I'm stuck there where i have to find the link between the deaths and murders. I think the story is quite good so far and i got nothing bad to say. Well nothing else to say good game (so far)
- They are all from AGS coloringball

LimpingFish

I hate the Ben Jordan games! They suck!  >:(

STOP MAKING THEM!
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Scorpio_Phoenix

Hey LimpingFish why dont you get lost! If you dont like the games that dont mean u have to come here and talk like an idiot just to get attention. Ben jordan rules! and everyone else thinks so so just go get a life.......u sad person!!

Hammerite

am i right in saying, that the next one will be where the main storyline will start to become more apparent? also am i right in saying that it wont take as long to make (since a lot of last time was spent on newer character sprites i think), anyway, good luck whatever your decision is.
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

jimrh

WOO HOO!!!!!
Now that case 5 is done I'm going to ask the HARD question Gudinslav.
have you started case 6 yet or are you gonna take a well deserved rest??

Grundislav

jimrh

AAAHHHHHHHHHH MAAAAAAAAAAAAN

jonqueztor

I finished the game, and I love it, along with all the other BJ games. They all remind me of my younger days where I watched Scooby Doo every day.

Spoiler
I really like the new face you put on Ben, looks a lot more realistic.

The game show host looked hilarious. He almost looked like one of those goofy looking guys you see on the get-rich-quick-scam infomercials you see on late-night TV.

And I absolutely loved listening to the beginning of "My Woman From Tokyo" during the intro. Classic!!!
[close]

nihilyst

Grundislav:
Spoiler
I first had a very bad feeling about the gameshow moderator. In my eyes, his appearance had a very mystery kind of touch, and I thought, that it was a trap, in which he wanted to lure Ben. Was that intended? But I loved the gameshow, although I didn't beat it the first time. ^^
[close]

magintz

Very good game, not the best Ben Jordan in my opinion as I found the puzzles to be a tad easy. Graphics have had a nice improvement and the music and sound effects were real nice.

I still think case 4 is the best.

Nice work, and as always am looking forward to the next one (hopefully we might get to see some of it appear at Mittens this Summer)
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

LimpingFish

Quote from: Scorpio_Phoenix on Sun 02/04/2006 20:48:39
Hey LimpingFish why dont you get lost! If you dont like the games that dont mean you have to come here and talk like an idiot just to get attention. Ben jordan rules! and everyone else thinks so so just go get a life.......u sad person!!

I see my humor reserves have diminished so much as to be non-detectable.

:=
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

CosmoQueen

Wow this is weird I can't believe I didn't see this thread yesterday!!! I downloaded BJ 5 last night and was just about to come on here to see if anyone else has seen it LOL.

I'm addicted to Ben Jordan and really loving this one! I can't wait to finish it ;D
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Artphreak

I love the Ben Jordan games, and this one is a great addition. I just finished it, and i even
Spoiler
looked up all the answers to the gameshow questions
[close]
. I was glad to see this finished after the rough year you've had, so great job! ;D
My only critique is that
Spoiler
it reminded me of the CSI Miami game where tetrodotoxin was involved, but considering the location and plot were different I guess it was just the toxin itself plus the ben jordon experience was more than enough to outweigh this.
[close]
"Art is when I get up in the morning, but my definition ends there...you know it doesn't seem fair, I spend my whole life creating something I can't even define."
-Ani DiFranco

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk