DOCTOR WHO - TIME SNARE Big Update, Release Date And New Screens 7th Nov

Started by Duckbutcher, Wed 12/04/2006 13:55:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckbutcher

The Doctor and Sarah find themselves thrown into a web of intergalactic intrigue and mystery after the TARDIS makes a forced landing in occupied France. The Nazis are ensnaring Time/Space vessels and amassing a collection of technology advanced enough to change the course of history. But who is the mysterious BENEFACTOR who is aiding the Nazis? What evil foe lurks in the basement? What is the secret of "Excalibur's Glory"? Will the Doctor be able to solve a mystery which will take him from Earth to Pluto to the edge of the Universe and beyond before Time itself is destroyed - forever...?

Find out....

Above are a selection of screens from each of the game's major environments.

Progress report:
Story: 100%
Animation: 70%
Backgrounds: 80%
Dialogue: 70%

Release Date: ETA March 31st, 2008. This release will be the FULL GAME, comprising all four episodes.

Thanks to Chaos4700 for the title "Time Snare" and Cirius for that funky new TARDIS animation.

The Original Demos of parts one and two are still available. Find them on Davidnagel's website here:

www.duckbutcher.damproductions.org

Chicky

Score! A Doctor Who game!

best of luck :D

Barbarian

Looks like you're off to a good start, and reading the info you provided it seems you're a real card-carrying "Dr. Who Fan"  ;)  Screen-shots look great from what I can see of them, and plot seems interesting.

Of course you know that Dr. Who is a real classic with a large following for a few decades, so "don't mess it up", or else we'll send "Esper" over to choke you and hang you from the Tardis with a long colorful scarf  :=

Good luck with your project. It's nice to see a new comer abiding by the rules here and putting some thought and effort into such a bold project.
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

Peder 🚀

Looks good!

Keep on doing a good job!  ;)

Layabout

Interesting. I never watched Dr Who as a kid, but I like the new one quite a bit.

*whine* Indy paintover *end whine*

But otherwise, looks great. Hope you can live up to other peoples expectations. Its suprising that no-one has attempted a Doctor game before... or maybe they have and it never materialised.

Keep it up buddy.
I am Jean-Pierre.

lo_res_man

Or maybe the holders of the copyright went back in time and stopped it from happening in the "first place"  ;D
Looks good, having never watched Dr.Who I can't add much, but good luck to you.
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

esper

If you don't finish this, I will murder you. With my custom-made seventeen-foot long scarf.
This Space Left Blank Intentionally.

SSH

I'd love to see the dalek walkcycle  :=

Sslaxx

Good one, Duckbutcher! Nice to see you've finally posted about it here, too.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Gregjazz

Quote from: Layabout on Wed 12/04/2006 18:44:35
Its suprising that no-one has attempted a Doctor game before... or maybe they have and it never materialised.

Now why can't I find the website to that 3D Dr. Who adventure game? Maybe someone can help me out...

ChronoSerge

It's about time someone decided to make a Doctor Who adventure game :) I always thought this was perfect for the genre, same thing goes for stargate, which im glad someone made a good game from that.

Polecat

Quote from: ChronoSerge on Thu 25/05/2006 23:25:02
It's about time someone decided to make a Doctor Who adventure game :) I always thought this was perfect for the genre, same thing goes for stargate, which I'm glad someone made a good game from that.

Next is MacGuyver! We'll rip clips from the show for voice! :P

Best of luck, Duckbutcher, you seem to be doing a great job so far. :)
Currently Reading: Soldier of the Mist
Last Read: Stardust [+++]
Playing: Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
Recently Played: The Dig [+++]

Spongebob_Nopants

Ohh a doctor who game!!  ;D i love doctor who. cant wait 2 play it  :)

Sslaxx

Long live "Doctor Who"! We want updates on the Outpost too, you know...
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Ponch

Quote from: SSH on Wed 12/04/2006 19:24:39
I'd love to see the dalek walkcycle  :=

I have a Dalek walkcycle in one of my games. Devilshly hard thing to do! I agonized over it for nights. "But is it rolling left to right Dalek-y enough?" Almost as hard as putting R2-D2 in a game, I tell you!

Seriously, I plan to follow this game's development. I loves the old Doctor Who. I hope the scarf will be a vital part of the game.

Mad

Yay, Tom Baker!

Quote from: Ponch on 13 Apr 2006, 06:41I hope the scarf will be a vital part of the game.

Wouldn't it be cool if the scarf had its own interaction verb in the GUI, eg. scarf sth.!

DeviantGent

There MUST be cliffhangers.

GLORIOUS CLIFFHANGERS.
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

jasonjkay

What about cyber men? Also are you going to include the doctors trusty sonic screwdriver? How about K9 that robotic dog, I think hes cool.
http://www.americangirlscouts.org/agsresources/ - Mods, plugins and templates.

BerserkerTails

Quote from: jasonjkay on Wed 14/06/2006 13:30:54
What about cyber men? Also are you going to include the doctors trusty sonic screwdriver? How about K9 that robotic dog, I think hes cool.

Well, considering the game stars the fourth Doctor and Sarah Jane Smith, I'd assume K9 would be in it. The perso working on the game hasn't posted in a while though, hopefully we'll hear some news on it soon.

And if you are reading this, don't forget to give the Doctor some jelly babies in his inventory. And make "Would you like a jelly baby?" a dialog option many, MANY times.
I make music.

aurora_noir

I always thought it'd be great to finally have a Pertwee era Cyberman story :)

Unfortunately, It couldn't have Sarah Jane in it.. But perhaps a Liz Shaw story!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk