DOCTOR WHO - TIME SNARE Big Update, Release Date And New Screens 7th Nov

Started by Duckbutcher, Wed 12/04/2006 13:55:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_N

Yay! A Doctor Who game! I honestly can't wait for this, go Dockbutcher!

PS: I hate David Tennant.

ShadeJackrabbit

Quote from: Dan_N_GameZPS: I hate David Tennant.
Well, he was better than that previous guy in my opinion.

Anyways, I think the game's coming along great! I really can't wait till this is finished.

markbilly

Quote from: Dan_N_GameZ on Sat 31/03/2007 10:08:53
Yay! A Doctor Who game! I honestly can't wait for this, go Dockbutcher!

PS: I hate David Tennant.

I dislike the new series, but this game is very good, judging by the demo. Can't wait for more updates!

Dan_N

Yes, the demo is fantastic, it's exactly like watching a Doctor Who episode.

And Christopher Eccleston is a lot better than Tennant, why did he have to leave the show? Ever since Tennant came along, the show's not fun anymore... For one thing, almost every episode takes place in modern-day London, and Tennant can't seem to look funny, or serious, he just looks like a clown IMHO.

Anyway, can't wait for the new demo.

markbilly

I think the whole new series looks clownish and silly. I much preferred Torchwood to be honest (for modern sci-fi), because of the more adult themes. And the fact it has a reason to be grounded on earth. It actually made you think too.

On the subject of the demo, I really like how the dialogue and visual humour is spot on. It isn't always just silly, it is witty and sharp. And it has managed to fit perfectly into the adventure game genre, very well done indeed! :D

CaptainBinky

I happen to love the latest series and I'm really looking forward to the new series - I shall be watching it tonight on Virgin Media - woop!

As for the game... like MarkBilly says - top marks for nailing the dialog style and I loved the whole demo. Definately looking forward to the full game... bravo!

CB

A Lemmy & Binky Production

Duckbutcher

Quote from: markbilly on Sat 31/03/2007 21:58:18
I much preferred Torchwood to be honest (for modern sci-fi), because of the more adult themes. And the fact it has a reason to be grounded on earth. It actually made you think too.

Sorry...I hate Torchwood with a passion, but won't get into a rant about it's so called adult themes and down to Earth grittiness. As if it has any. The only thing I'll say is you accuse the new series of silliness...and yet you like Torchwood?  ???

The only thing it made me think was "How the hell did this get made?"  ;D

Thanks for the compliments re the game by the way...

markbilly

Neither of them are top notch. I'll give you that :P

No problem, your game really is very good.

Duckbutcher

Well the new demo's here, at last. Here's a link -

<a href="http://files.filefront.com/7156636" title="Doctor_Who_Demo_2.zip">Doctor_Who_Demo_2.zip</a>

There's alaso a big update in the
first post. Please give it a go!

ISSUES I AM AWARE OF:

1.One of the supporting characters later in the game doesn't have a walkcycle and
just shuffles off stage right. I'm on it.

2.The backgrounds early in the game are a bit inconsistent - I'm in the process of
re-drawing a lot of my first attempts at background drawing (some of which are about a year old now!), this is an ongoing thing, so the art will be more consistent in
the finished version.

3.A couple of dialogues are little more than placeholders and will be more elaborate
in the finished version - I'm thinking specifically of the Chef and the Kid in the Pub.

4.I'm not really happy with the library computer. Suggestions welcome.

5.I will add a reprise and a version of the title sequence to the start of episode 2 -
but I'm planning on re-doing the title sequence from scratch so thought I'd leave it
out for now.

celticdancer

Looks good so far, but I'm stuck...
Spoiler
how do I get out of the room with the pencil and paper? In the previous demo the pencil would fit in the keyhole. Now the Doctor says it's too thick. So thin it out or find something else? Either way I can't figure it out.
[close]
Thanks.

Guybrush01

hello im new here at this forum and im stuck at demo part 2 in the station how tot get past the laser gun  or get in airlock????

Duckbutcher

Quote from: celticdancer on Sat 07/04/2007 02:40:09
Looks good so far, but I'm stuck...
Spoiler
how do I get out of the room with the pencil and paper? In the previous demo the pencil would fit in the keyhole. Now the Doctor says it's too thick. So thin it out or find something else? Either way I can't figure it out.
[close]
Thanks.

Everything you need is in the cell. Just look around interact with stuff. You'll figure it out!

Quote from: Guybrush01 on Sat 07/04/2007 07:12:08
hello I'm new here at this forum and I'm stuck at demo part 2 in the station how tot get past the laser gun  or get in airlock????

Ah, I thought that one might fox a few people.

Have you talked to Sarah? Had a look around the TARDIS for any useful items? I can't really give any hints more than what the game gives you regarding this puzzle or I'd give it away...

Darth Mandarb

Not the hints & tips board

Take it in there, or to PMs

splat44

I am playing part 2 and found the following strange things:

1) While entering in big chief office I am being talked to but the chief isn't in.
2) While going through the doorway with chief in hallway, I cannot go through except through stairs.

While being in main lobby, entering the door right next to chief same thing is happenning as specifief in (2)

3) While looking as same thing inside of ship as I did in part 1, the following script error shows up:

in global script (line 353)
from Global script (line 789)

Error: MoveCharacter: character not in current room

Regards

thewalrus

I'm sorry if this has been asked or said already, but is this a combination of the first two demos or are they each seperate?  :-\
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Duckbutcher

Quote from: splat44 on Sun 08/04/2007 00:35:32
I am playing part 2 and found the following strange things:

1) While entering in big chief office I am being talked to but the chief isn't in.
2) While going through the doorway with chief in hallway, I cannot go through except through stairs.

While being in main lobby, entering the door right next to chief same thing is happenning as specifief in (2)

3) While looking as same thing inside of ship as I did in part 1, the following script error shows up:

in global script (line 353)
from Global script (line 789)

Error: MoveCharacter: character not in current room

Regards

Well, this doesn't make much sense to me, sorry! Do you mean you were somehow able to get into the Dalek ship in part Two? Becaause this should be impossible. If anyone else can do this please let me know and I'll get it fixed. I just can't tell how this is possible.

Quote from: thewalrus on Sun 08/04/2007 02:09:37
     I'm sorry if this has been asked or said already, but is this a combination of the first two demos or are they each seperate?  :-\

It's the first demo - modified -with the second part too.

Edit by Darth - combined several of your posts, please stop double posting!

Michael_TSM

I really like the new demo, love the additions to part one,

Still I have some niggling problems...

The Doctor still moves around alot when he speaks...
In the first scene where you land in France, the Doctor can walk through the door to the chateua without opening it, it doesn't go to the next screen he just disappears through the door till you get him to walk back out, looks silly.

Also with the stairs (just across from the main door to the chateua) you can get the Doctor to walk up them without t changing screens which is also annoying.

The Doctor doesn't seem to have a crawling animation which would make the vent scene look better.

And the game crashed when I went into the attic (after Sarah and Piere had entered), I clicked to walk out (while the Doctor was standing near the door), he dissapeared and reappeared on the other side of the room and began walking towards the door, then he got to the door and the game crashed.

But apart from that, its fabulous.

Just an idea, once you've completed a episode I think you should be able to select it from the main screen, so that if I wanted to play episode 2 again, I wouldn't have to play episoe one. Just an idea

Thanks for the game, God Bless

Duckbutcher

Quote from: Michael_TSM on Sun 08/04/2007 06:18:24
The Doctor still moves around alot when he speaks...

I'm not sure what you mean by this...

Quote from: Michael_TSM on Sun 08/04/2007 06:18:24In the first scene where you land in France, the Doctor can walk through the door to the chateua without opening it, it doesn't go to the next screen he just disappears through the door till you get him to walk back out, looks silly.

Yes, I'd forgotten about that one. This scene was made when I was still learning AGS (in fact it was my first room!) so one or two strange things are possible here. A similar thing will happen if the player tries to click on the flag. I'll get it sorted.

Quote from: Michael_TSM on Sun 08/04/2007 06:18:24Also with the stairs (just across from the main door to the chateua) you can get the Doctor to walk up them without t changing screens which is also annoying.

But if you click on the hotspot, you have no trouble going to the next screen, right?

Quote from: Michael_TSM on Sun 08/04/2007 06:18:24The Doctor doesn't seem to have a crawling animation which would make the vent scene look better.

He does have a crawling animation, it's just not very good! Once again, it'll be sorted in the final version.

Quote from: Michael_TSM on Sun 08/04/2007 06:18:24And the game crashed when I went into the attic (after Sarah and Piere had entered), I clicked to walk out (while the Doctor was standing near the door), he dissapeared and reappeared on the other side of the room and began walking towards the door, then he got to the door and the game crashed.

Yipes. I have no idea why that would happen. I've just fired up the game and am trying to get it to crash like that, but nothing as yet. Has anyone else had this problem? What exactly were the circumstances leading up to it?

Quote from: Michael_TSM on Sun 08/04/2007 06:18:24But apart from that, its fabulous.

Cheers for that. Anyone want to tell me what I'm doing right? ;)

markbilly

When do Piere and Sarah meet you in the attic? Is it after they did in the first demo, because I've been up there but they aren't there? :S

All the puzzles have also got a lot longer, when they were pretty much perfect in the first demo.

Still, well done for a great game besides.

Duckbutcher

I don't think there were enough puzzles in the first demo, so I beefed them up a bit. And you now have to rescue Sarah from the cell yourself. Follow the story, Mark! It's different from the original demo!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk