the farm episode one completed

Started by , Sat 15/04/2006 18:39:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Maggie

This might seem a stupid question but I can't play The Farm cos after I've installed it using the set up it says 'can't find the farm.exe' Is there something simple I need to do? I'm not a computer expert.

Mozesh

I just started it via winsetup, then save and run and voila. Or you need to rename some stuff which takes more time.

maggie

I can't open it from winset. It says 'can't launch the farm op.exe file make sure its in the same directory as the set up programme' so I don't know what to do.

Joyce

maggie I didn't have any problems, when I installed it, it put a shortcut on my desktop, I clicked on that and the winsetup came up, i clicked on save and run and the game started.

Czar

Nice.
The interface was different and not really annoying. It got me thinking about Grim Fandango. Also the bacground style reminded me a lot of GF, which is great, and i dont have to really explain the originality of it.
Looking forward to a sequel.

Peace.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Scorpio_Phoenix

when you get to the cd player bit....i dont know what to do, i cant seem to do anything!

Krysis

Quote from: Scorpio_Phoenix on Tue 18/04/2006 13:12:23
when you get to the cd player bit....i dont know what to do, i cant seem to do anything!
Spoiler
You put a CD in it... I just hope you have a CD-ROM
[close]

Scorpio_Phoenix

i do, and i did, and i tried pressing all the buttons. nothing works!
whos stupid idea was it to put this in the game, i am not amused!! lol

Hammerite

does one of the moments in this involve opening your CD-ROM disk tray and if so...

why?
[/shadow][/glow][/b]

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

Scorpio_Phoenix

The guy tells you 2 put on some music....and then your cd-rom opens and i've tried putting different cd's in and nothing happens, it just seems to stop. and u cant get away from it.....the cd player comes up on the screen with 3 buttons to press, stop, play and eject i think, u cant get off the screen, so basically if u cant do it...your f**ked.

Joyce

Thats strange that it won't work for you, I put a music cd in, pressed the play button on the cd player on the screen and my cd played and the guy says he likes that music

vict0r

It worked perfectly for me. Did you put in a music cd?

Scorpio_Phoenix

vict0r

Okee Dokee. Then i dunno what you did wrong. But the game did fuck with my comp. After the elevator cutscene the sound started fuzzing and after a while the sound just stopped. Not only in the game, but on the entire computer.

- vict0r

splat44

Quote from: Scorpio_Phoenix on Tue 18/04/2006 19:37:42
yes i did.....

Ok, CD thing did work for me.

What I did was press eject (from game)
enter CD and press Eject (game) and play button.

Everything should work. Maybe your problem is probably did tried press eject button from your actual CD.

Try again but with touching those button on your physical CD drive.

Anyways, the creator should have warned us about the CD thing!

Kaelem Gaen

Okay... so Now I've played a bit of the game... very impressed with the movies but I'm running into a problem I ran into on another game with a very fancy Custom Save  window thing...  Now maybe it is my system or maybe I'm doin soimething wrong... but I can't seem to overwrite my games I saved before hand.   I have to constantly make a new Save file... anyone else run into this problem in this game? Or am I some type of standout unlucky type?

EDIT:
Nevermind... I see someone else pointed it out.  but the rest of what I said goes... the game is looking great but I'm only in the first room.
~ Chaos, panic, disorder...  My work is done here. ~

.Sklate.

Just downloaded the game this afternoon, and I've completed it.

First of all, I would like to say great effort! I find the music suitably matching to the game's somewhat spooky and eerie atmosphere. The cutscenes were nicely done, and gave the game a sense of depth in terms of story-telling. The introduction, as the others say, is a huge plus point - it was a huge factor in making me drawn to the game.

Secondly, the artwork. Artwork has a unique style, and backgrounds had nice lighting and shadows that added to the game's dimension. However, I felt that the art took a slight dip as one progresses through the game. The initial cell-room was very nicely done, but I felt that the few rooms that you come across later weren't as polished. Also, another thing is to do with the NPCs, they seem to be all drawn without a similar style to them, if you get what I mean.

I believe the game can be really made unique if the style is kept consistent. Or perhaps, this was intended to contribute to the somewhat "weirdness" of the game's nature.

Thirdly, the interface was interesting, but like what others have noted, can be cumbersome to have to use both your keyboard and your mouse in order to play the game. I understand that using "right-click" to cycle through actions would disable the inventory system, but since you already have the "scroll-button" to serve that purpose, it shouldn't be a problem.

A point to take note of, once you launch the inventory using the "right-click", you aren't able to cycle through the items with the "scroll-button".

I think other bugs and suggestions to improve them have already been mentioned, so I won't touch on them.

Lastly, I just wanted to say that despite the bugs and critique on art style, The Farm Episode One was very well done, and has a story that would make you drawn to it. Good job!  ;D

jane

Theres not many times when I get really angry with games, but this is one - what a stupid idea putting the CD thing into the game without the option of skipping it - the least you could have done is warn us before spending all that time that you will need a CD player (I do have one but its currently in need of repair)

Absolutely gutted it looked a really good game  :(

.Sklate.

Quote from: jane on Wed 19/04/2006 10:09:30
Theres not many times when I get really angry with games, but this is one - what a stupid idea putting the CD thing into the game without the option of skipping it - the least you could have done is warn us before spending all that time that you will need a CD player (I do have one but its currently in need of repair)

Absolutely gutted it looked a really good game  :(

Jane here is some info regarding the CD.

Spoiler
You do not have to put in the Cd or anything. You can totally bypass talking to the guy and talking about music.
[close]

themom

Loved the game, the story line & especially the ending.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk