We announce the release of our first AGS project

Written: Feb., 24th 2004 - Apr., 17th 2006
Languages: german, with english translation file
Sprites: 1009
Views: 77
Items: 33
Characters: 17
Rooms: 43

To play, please download from the download section at http://www.solidland.nl and doubleclick the file to start the installation process.

Additional information for english speaking players:
Please take the time and read the readme.txt file in the game's installation folder. The game ist set to german language by default, for the english translation, please use the AGS winsetup.exe file to switch. If you choosed "create program menu entries" during installation (in fact, the software asks this in german, but it's on by default, so don't bother), you can easily do so by clicking START->Programs->Solidland->The Long Trip->Setup).

Additional information for german speaking players:
Please take the time an read the liesmich.txt file in the game's installation folder. We are currently working on a german speech pack, a demo version is downloadable in the download section of our website.

Three final marks, that came to our minds after having finished the upload (will be written in the next version of the ReadMe-files):

(1) If you are english speaking only and don't have the speech pack installed, you might be unsure, what the game's goal is. We think, that's not a big problem - if it is, pl. tell us.
(2) All test players complained, that there are no hotspot marks in the game. Well, it might be a problem in the very beginning, but pl. believe, we had good reasons.
(3) If it is not obvious, where to exit a scene, the cursor turns into an arrow when in walk mode.
Please feel free to (also) use the forum on our webpage for any comments and suggestions.

The Solidland Crew
Dusty, KidCrazy, Lardo & Oetzi

Rosie

I just downloaded this file......then comes up some kind of agreement? in German...... I must have chose the wrong one because it never completed the download.  Please specify to the english players which key to press.    left or right one

Dusty D.

Quote from: Rosie on Mon 17/04/2006 19:51:43
I just downloaded this file......then comes up some kind of agreement? in German...... I must have chose the wrong one because it never completed the download.Ã,  Please specify to the english players which key to press.Ã,  Ã,  left or right one

The right one, labelled "Annehmen" ("accept"). I'm sorry, but german law forces us to ask for accepting the agreement. In the next screens choose "Weiter >" ("Next") and then "Installieren" ("install").

Mordalles

wow, thats a long time to work on a game and finish. im glad you guys stuck with it! congrats on finishing.

like i said to benedict, ill download this 100mb game once i  have adsl, which should be soon.

oh, and the graphics looks really good.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Jozef

Quote from: Dusty D. on Mon 17/04/2006 19:25:52To play, please download from the download section at http://www.solidland.nl and doubleclick the file to start the installation process.
Could you, please, post a link to the download section?  The main page is giving me a "get flash" error.  Thanks.

KidCrazy

I just added a non-flash download page for all those of you who don't have flash installed. Please go on http://www.solidland.nl and click on "HTML Website" if you just want to download the game.
However, I suggest downloading and installing flash player from http://www.macromedia.com , since most of the website is not available without.

Have fun,
  Kc

Jozef

Many thanks!  My computer doesn't support any of the recent versions of Flash, so I'll have to wait a few more months to enjoy your page in full ;)

Petra

Thanks Dusty D. for finishing this game!
I have waited for months to play this again!

I have tried the "unfinished" version some time ago and could not wait for the final version!

I hope I will be able to pick up the pig in the waste basket now ;D

And thanks for the quick download! It worked properly!!!

jane

Don;t know whther this is a bug..........The game crashed when I was in mushroom shop, luckily I had saved it at the bit on the beach, but now he has give me a different floor number to get back to mushroom dept and it doesn't work, nor does the number I used previously  :-\

Dusty D.

Well, noone knows what hapens, if a software crashes. Nevertheless, The Long Trip saves all relevant game data. When the game ends with an error message (did you write down the error text? This could help us to debug), the next time you start over, there should have a message box appeared, where you could choose to restart or continue in the scene where the error occured (cp. readme.txt file in the game's system folder).

If you got a new number, this number definitily should work (just tested it). Maybe you didn't note it right). If the problem persists, pl. send me your savegame.xxx files to dusty@solidland.nl - this could also help for debug.

Thank you for playing The Long Trip!

Yours,
Dusty

Wretched

The crash 'too many event posted' is an AGS bug and has been fixed in the latest version, it's related to too many player.WalkTo(X,Y,..) being called while the player is already standing at (X,Y) see Too many event thread
I've been getting this crash alot when playing Longtrip, just try repeatedly interacting with something. Any hope this helps.
Oh, yeah I like the game, still playing...

Dusty D.

Hallelujah!

Do you know HOW MANY hours I searched for this f*cking bug last summer!?   :-\ All answers here and otherwhere didn't help a dime... for that reason we decided to implement the AutoSave function...  :)

Wretched

Just finished the game and I have a few critisisms, though I really liked the graphic style, the animations and the abundance, and off beat humour, of responses.
Spoiler
Is there something with the fire in the coffee house I'm missing, also why can't I start a fire with a newspaper and a zippo? I completly missed how I was supposed to find room 666, I only saw it in hints and tips, can't find it in game at all. I think a few translations issues, steam (on supermarket) comes off boiling water, smoke comes from burning building, also the model engine, could have been called a model fire engine to help the puzzle along, what is with the pair of shoes I put them on but didn't seem to need them, also I could place the banana by the devil but nothing happens, and the shoes on the clothes line didn't play any role in the game. Maybe there is a lot of easter puzzles in here that I'm missing.
[close]
Still overall a good game but the puzzles were a bit on the illogical side.

Dusty D.

I have answered your questions by PM. There ARE some problems in the english translation, we just gave the translation source file to an american german teacher, who now lectures it into good texas english  ;D

peter

Quote from: Dusty D. on Fri 21/04/2006 22:37:58
I have answered your questions by PM. There ARE some problems in the english translation, we just gave the translation source file to an american german teacher, who now lectures it into good texas englishÃ,  ;D

Can you PM this too please :)

Dusty D.

Well, I surely didn't give away any solutions for sure...  :o I've sworn the HSO (Holy Solidland Oath)!  ;D

Dusty D.

With the experiences of the last week and with your great help we are now able to present an updated version of The Long Trip with these changes:

* Installer now available in german and english (should autodetect the correct language).
* Fixed one minor bug in Labyrinth scene
* Fixed a bug in the end scene when using english translation.
* Updated readme.txt and liesmich.txt files with some useful information.

Although none of the bugs is "critical", we advice english speaking players to upgrade to the new version in order to be able to read the text at the end of game. Your previously saved games are still usable.

We apologize for the inconvenience! :D

jane

I'm really disappointed after I downloaded the game again and am playing it in English - and the transcriptions on the vase are still in German  :-\

Dusty D.

This is indeed a problem for english speaking players, but we did not think about an english version when we started with this game and as there are only 9 possible combinations, we thought, it needn't be necessary to paint these graphics new.

Some of the puzzles contain german words games, that were not translateable and such don't seem very logically when playing the game in english.

The crashes that occur are a problem of the AGS engine, that is now fixed (s. above). I'll try to recompile the whole stuff with the new engine some day, but in first tests there occured some problems with the current version of AGS.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk