MODULE: Easy3D v1.04 - Create 3D games

Started by Wretched, Tue 18/04/2006 19:27:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

joelphilippage

When trying to make a room with walls using this script:
Code: ags

E3d.Init(eE3dFloor);
E3d.CameraMaxZ=240;
E3d.BuildWall(1, 70,100);
E3d.BuildWall(2, 72,100);
E3d.BuildWall(3, 72,100);

I get an error saying
"DynamicSprite.CreateFromBackground: Invalid frame specified
in
E3d (line3125)
from
Room 2 script (line 6)"

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Kneel. Now.

joelphilippage

.M.M.

Demo game announced error  undefined symbol "GetGameParameter".What I have to do??? :-\

Gilbert

Are you using AGS V2.72? The module was made for V2.71, the GetGameParameter() function had become obsolete since V2.72. You may try unchecking the "Enforce object-based scripting" option and see if it works.

.M.M.

Thank you very much

Gius

Hi to everybody, 

It is possible (in Easy3D with AGS 2.72) to move the player with the directional keys 
or using KeyboardMovement (by Rui "Brisby" Pires & strazer)?

thanks

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

It might be. Give it a whirl and do let us know how it turns out!

Kneel. Now.

zeeman645

looks like a wonderful program im going to download it
~~~~~~~\0/~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this is a guy. hes drowning as you can see. i pushed him off the boat and into the ocean because he was bothering me. thats the kind of person i am.

JpSoft

Anyone knows if this module works with AGS 3.0.0 ??

Jp

.M.M.

Quote from: JpSoft on Sat 24/05/2008 16:38:05
Give it a try and you will see!   ;)

JpSoft

Quote from: Mirek on Sat 24/05/2008 18:44:55
Quote from: JpSoft on Sat 24/05/2008 16:38:05
Give it a try and you will see!   ;)

That is not a usefull answer.

Anyway, i dowloaded it and updated to AGS 3.0.0, but it give me an error with the object schema. I checked the code and it is ok for my understanding. Anyone had this trouble with 3.0.0?

Jp

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

QuoteThat is not a usefull answer.

Would you rather have no answer, if no one else has tried it? It is a great answer - it means "try it! You won't lose anything, and if it works, we'd like to know."

From my recollection of the module it shouldn't be too problematic - what kind of error are you getting, specifically?

Kneel. Now.

JpSoft

I mind that it was not very usefull since its supposed that anyone asking that will try to find the way, and the question was just to know if the answer was "NO" for any already known reason  :)

When i try to run the game, i get a "unknow object schema. Chech out if you spell it correctly" (i dont have the source code here) but I'm sure i follow correctly the intruccions and wrote everything where it must be. I  donwloaded the 1.0.4 version from candle url.

Anycase, i checked the code and i understood that the module is very complete, more than what i need. I just need generate a bird-eye perspective over a plain scenario,it minds, just one animating background (if you have played a RTS game you know what I'm taling about) since a RTS game is already enough heavy for the computer. I get the idea from this module and created a new module which looks can work great (until now only have 30 lines of code). I will upload it soon in case anyone can help me with it, since until now it works perfect with the ground but i still need include objects and characters in the 3D perspective.

Thanks

Jp

EDIT I finally was able to make the module runs, but it do not works for what im looking for anyway  :(

.M.M.

Try Ags 3D . It works OK on AGS 3.0 but only problem is that you cannot start up your game from AGS, but you can do that from compiled folder.

glenn

Quote from: Mirek on Wed 28/05/2008 07:16:02
Try Ags 3D . It works OK on AGS 3.0 but only problem is that you cannot start up your game from AGS, but you can do that from compiled folder.

AGS 3D is very complex, where Easy 3D seems to be very easy...I would appreciate if there was an update of that module for AGS 3.1.x...any chance?

None

Okay I downloaded the demo source provided for 'bogs adventure' written for AGS 2.71
I then took that code, ran it into AGS 2.72, and 're-saved'
That allowed me to import the code in AGS 3.1,
Did a test and it appears to be working.
So this should work with AGS 3.0-ish.

I'm not a programmer, I just wanted to know if the module was compatible, and this was what I thought was the easiest way to test it, if someone wants to come behind me and double check this, I welcome them to.
I'd like to know what if any bugs/limitations, the creator might foresee.

-SAG

Post Testing:
The Demo Source, when updated, works fine. This being V 1.0 of the Mod.

BUT, when trying to import the updated module (the plugin available for download) I'm unable to adapt the 'control gui included' the one .gue (compared to the modern 'guf?')
Tried to upgrade it using the method I did with the demo game source, but I get errors.

Is the creator of this mod, still lurking around?

Snake

Just out of curiosity, is there anyone making a game with this yet?

(beside's Bog's Adventure, that is)
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

LimpingFish

Quote from: Snake on Sat 03/10/2009 19:25:17
Just out of curiosity, is there anyone making a game with this yet?

Like the majority of modules/plugins that allow AGS to render games in alternative graphical styles (AGS3D, Panorama, etc), nobody ever seems to get around to actually releasing something that takes advantage of them.

I'm still the only person to release anything using the Panorama module, despite a fully working version of it being available since the summer of 2006 and despite people's requests for high resolution support and various other tweaks being fulfilled, and as far as I can tell nobody has ever used the AGS3D plug-in or the Easy3D module in a finished game.

Bit of a rant, but there you go.

EDIT: Bit of a slightly off-topic rant, actually. Sorry about that.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk