MODULE: Easy3D v1.04 - Create 3D games

Started by Wretched, Tue 18/04/2006 19:27:16

Previous topic - Next topic

None

;D *cough* maybe, someone is *cough* working on one using this... *cough*

I loved the Panorama 3d Effect Module <3 but taking the time to draw in center point perspective for each wall of the cube, was dizzying. Each room had to be plotted out so carefully.

Really you need a 3d program, and the knowledge to render, which I don't have, making the Panorama Addon (which I still love) too complicated for most.

This one was just made compatible with 3.+ Thanks to Wretched, (bows bows)

And the results once I learn how to use everything and tweak can be really cool.

The other one I'm interested in using is the AGS3d Character Plugin, since I have a copy of milk-shape and limited 3d ability.
Want to use it but, don't know if it and AGS Easy3d conflict.
Also intend to use the 'Theora Video Plugin' so...

Someone Out Here Appreciates it!! Keep it up modders, you make good games better.

Construed

Any chance for camera rotation with this?
I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes.
Then I met the man with no feet.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Normally I don't say anything because I know there are good mods to deal with this sort of thing in Tech, but is your name GrimReapYou because you're some self-appointed reviver of moldy, dead threads?  Seriously, this is like what, the 8th or 9th you've brought back from a year plus limbo now?

Monsieur OUXX

It's obvious GrimReapYou is looking for something to display 3D in AGS. He hasn't been around long and doesn't know what modules/plugins are obsolete, still supported, etc. Me neither. Few do.

Maybe someone who's been witnessing their births and deaths could produce a quick tour of current available 3D features of AGS, excluding the ones that are deprecated or the ones that were only meant as proof of concept?

That is, without starting with "n00b, are you trying to do 3D with AGS? Don't you get it's not what it's meant for? Didn't you understand that all these modules and plugins you're digging out were meant as a joke and were never meant to be used?"

mode7

ProgZmax:
I couldn't help but notice that you're latest posts are quite rude -just take it easy.

Ouxxey:
Thats a good idea - I had the same problem - when I arrived, I had to dig myself trough every page of the module board to check which modules existed. Then there's the dead link problem of course. I wonder if it would be possible to make a comprehensive list of all modules and a quick description.

Dualnames

There is quite a comprehensive list I bothered making that perhaps I'm the only one to recall. :-\
Perhaps a new list or some other way is needed?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Dualnames on Mon 21/02/2011 14:54:42
There is quite a comprehensive list I bothered making that perhaps I'm the only one to recall. :-\

Link pleez?
Also, read your PM! :-D

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Kweepa

Quote from: GrimReapYou on Wed 16/02/2011 06:07:39
Any chance for camera rotation with this?

It's theoretically possible to have camera rotation... the maximum framerate would be reduced to about 10-15 FPS, since you'd have to plot each pixel individually. Currently the ground is drawn one row at a time.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Bjyman

in E3d (line 1658)
from E3d (line 2149)

Error: GetProperty: no such property found in schema, make sure you are using the property's name, and not it's schema when calling this command.

I just got the above error. How do I fix this?

ncw14

trying to run it on 3.2.1 but wherever i put this code in the global script, it tells me unexpected if, or undefined symbol "interface"

if (interface==gE3d.ID)
    {
        E3d.InterfaceClick(button);
    }

if i run it without this code it crashes and says "DynamicSprite.CreateFromBackround:invalid frame specified". this might just be a problem with my room layout though

Dualnames

The code goes to the interface section, not just anywhere on the global script.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Dualnames on Tue 18/12/2012 12:52:31
The code goes to the interface section, not just anywhere on the global script.
What is this "interface section"? Do you mean some function?

Dualnames

From the manual:

In your main global script file, there are some functions which are automatically added when you create the game. These are global events, and the function is called when a particular event happens. There are also some other events which you can add if you want to.

The available event functions are:

interface_click (int interface, int button)
(Now Obsolete) Called when the player clicks on a button on a GUI which has its action set as "Run script". INTERFACE is the number of the GUI which they clicked on. BUTTON is the object number of the button within this GUI.

Icey

I know this is an old AF and I know that the last post was like 6 years ago but I really am determined to at least get this working the best I can.
The biggest things is right now, when using the demo game and creating a room to put what I've learned to the test I just get an error:

Mind you, this is just from me trying to use E3d.Init();. Which to my understanding is how you even get the room to know you're trying to get it to use the 3D features. I'm guess this is the main blockade in fully playing around with the plugin but I'm sure once I figure out what is causing this error then I can continue you on.

However, my second problem is trying to figure out how am I supposed to use the module outside the main demo when I keep getting this error:

I don't even really have anything going besides the room in place with the walkable area and the character and I'm getting this error. There isn't a line of new code outside the inclusion of the module and I can't figure out how to fix this problem even when running a search in the demo game.

So now I'm here with two AGS projects open that both have errors that prevent any type of progress with this module. I really don't think the answer is right in my face for this, to be honest. But I feel like there is an answer.

Before I forget, what is the main purpose of E3d.RoomSpace(); & E3d.ScreenSpace();?
They kinda seem to work like a Start and Finish pair but I don't really get why it's used sometimes and sometimes it's not.

Crimson Wizard

So, the first error means that script requires a larger number of room background frames. You should find out how many, or just create maximal 5 of them just in case. I guess that dE3dBackground*** constants define their indexes.

The second error is because the function GetGameParameter was deprecated. You need to turn "Enforce object-based scripting" off in General Settings, Backwards compatibility section (also, if you are using AGS 3.4.0 or higher - set "Script compatibility level" to lowest possible).

Other than that I don't know how this module works, and won't be much help here.

PS. By the way, one of the module archives includes the manual.

E3d.RoomSpace();
  E3d.ScreenSpace();
    Easy3D works best if you use the Sierra-Style speech.
    If you want to use LucasArts-Style then you have to be aware of two other functions. E3d.RoomSpace() and E3d.ScreenSpace(). Basically if you want any of the characters to say anything, you must call E3d.ScreenSpace(); before they speak, and if you want to do anything using character room coordinates you must call E3d.RoomSpace(); beforehand.

Looks like these functions switch between two coordinate systems (3d room and flat 2d screen space probably, but that's a guess).

Icey

Ahh see, I knew there was something in the room itself that caused the problem for two reason. I tried to manually duplicate the room and got the same error but when I imported the room the error wouldn't pop up. The second odd thing I noticed was that the old background kept showing but I wasn't sure how that was possible. (The background as the green outside the black. I expected all the black to be the ground floor.

It turns out you need at least 4 to get things working properly. Also each background seems to be utilized differently if needed. I noticed in room 1 (Outside) the clouds were not an object(which I kept trying to figure out how else they were in the scene) but it's actually just background 3 haha.

As for error two, I understand now and I'll do just that. Other than that, I think that answers my question. Now all I gotta do later is play around more with things and I might be able to finally make some use out of this thing. :D

I need to dig around for that manual at some point as well if I start progressing anything further. Thanks for the quote snippet btw because I was going to just throw those around whenever I did anything in a 3D room.

As usually, thanks Crimson! Now I can finally sleep  :-D

Crimson Wizard

Finally decided to check the demo out, and seriously, this module is fantastic. Script looks little hardcoded in places, but visuals work great and pretty fast too, at least in 320x200. Have anyone made a game with it before?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk