The Last Harvest (April MAGS) (v1.01)

Started by nihilyst, Sat 22/04/2006 22:27:50

Previous topic - Next topic

nihilyst

brought to you by Stormbell Entertainment

He is vagrant. He is followed by demons. And he is sick of it.

Here it is, my first self-made adventure game and MAGS game as well.

This game features:
- verb-style interface
- original piano music
- three different endings

Download The Last Harvest (v1.01)
EDIT: With version 1.01 you shouldn't encounter save/load problems as well as some other minor bugs. Thanks to blashyrkh for the report.

Enjoy!

cheers
nihilyst

Stefan Z

Wow!
Nice dark gothic mood. Just how I like it.

Your background are very good.

Anyway, back to playing the game...

Grtz,
Stefan Z.

jkohen

I found an important bug (among a bunch of minor ones that don't affect the game play that much):

Savegames can only be loaded from the first savegame slot, the other "L" buttons are unresponsive.

I worked around this by copying the savegame that I wanted to load to agssave.001 and then loading it from the first slot.

Edited to expand:
I liked the game a lot, in spite of the bugs. As a German student, I would have loved to read the dialogues in your language (hey, I was able to figure out that you were German just from reading them :-) ). Please consider creating translation packs in your mother tongue for your future games, if you have the time, of course.

Thanks a lot!

Afflict

Wow this looks like something I can enjoy alot!

Let me update you once I have finished playing it.

Thanks

Afflict.

Gilbert

By the way, nihilyst, I updated your file link in the MAGS thread, since the old V1.0 link gave me a 404. Also, was it now V1.01 or V1.1? The file name said V1.01 but it's V1.1 in your first post.

nihilyst

Thanks, Gilbot. Didn't think about the MAGS thread ^^

cheers
nihilyst

mags_don

I cant seem to get the game running ???. ive clicked on winsetup and gives me this..
"unable to launch TLH32b.exe, make sure file is in same directory as setup program." Help please!

Mordalles

man, i love the game, and the atmosphere. and the puzzles so far have been logical. im near the end (but stuck  ;D).

hope to see your next game soon!

bug:
Spoiler

i already killed the black demon/ghost, but i combined the coal and the feather again, and he reappeared again, on the same screen where the last demon/ghost was.  ;D it didn't effect the gameplay, but it looked strange.  ;D
[close]

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Gilbert

mags_don, he probably renamed the game's name after compiling, that would render the setup.exe useless, you may setup the game like this.

.Sklate.

Quote from: mags_don on Sun 23/04/2006 20:39:27
I cant seem to get the game running ???. ive clicked on winsetup and gives me this..
"unable to launch TLH32b.exe, make sure file is in same directory as setup program." Help please!

You have two choices, either use "The Last Harvest.exe" or rename it to "TLH32b.exe" if you really have to run winsetup.

Daniël Brooks

excellent game, really enjoyed it so far (I think I'm close to the finihs) :)
amazing it's done in just one month

mags_don

thank you gentlemen for you assistance...great game. the interaction with
Spoiler
the carpet and trap door was off tho.
[close]

Petra

Just posted to the wrong game.....

My comment can be seen under the Farm. lol...
Sorry for that!!!

But I meant the "Last Harvest"!!!!!

Brilliant game, with a great dark atmosphere to play within 2 and 6 o'clock in the night ;D
Without any light....

But the small bug could make it difficult....

The trap door never appeared....
You have to "open" the carpet....

But besides of that...

VERY WELL DONE!!!!

nihilyst

Hi, I'm back again. Thanks to everybody who played this game despite it's many bugs. I hadn't had the time to make this carpet thing right, since the trap door idea came to my mind long after I made the whole background. Sorry for that and for that renaming-thingy and the other stuff. I had to rush in the end and so I could only beta test the surface of the game. I'm again in progress of working on my RPG, that I'll hopefully announce in a month, but when I have the spare time, I'll beta test TLH again and eradicate all the other annoying bugs.

Thanks for playing and your kind words.

cheers
nihilyst

piperhcombs

I've just started playing, and I like what I see so far. The wishing well screen really reminds me of The Ring....
:cheers: + :claps:

Temperance&Booth  Sydney&Vaughn  Nadia&Weiss

buloght

Great game nihilyst! :) The puzzles are fun and makes sense, and I like the mood. Great stuff, awaiting your RPG ...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk