LucasManiac !

Started by Marion, Sun 23/04/2006 20:41:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Marion

Hi everybody !
I have just finished a game. This is the longer and, I hope, the most technically well-done game I have made until now. And the first that I have translated into english, because I think it can interest many adventure games fans, as it is a tribute to many LucasArts games.
In this game, you play Bernard, the main character of Maniac Mansion and Day of the Tentacle, in a new adventure. He will visit many places, meet a lot of people and fight many villains !
But I can't tell you more... just have a look ! ;)

This is the file, including English translation and the solution (in french and in english) : LUCASMANIAC ! - Zip file - 4 Mo

[EDIT]
I have uploaded a new version with some fixed bugs and a corrected english translation.
[/EDIT]

Some screenshots (with french texts) :

I hope you will enjoy it.

How can I register for the AGS Awards ?..

Mordalles

tres bien. (is that right, hehe)

welcome, and this looks really interesting. i saw the game when i was perusing through the french forums, but didn't want to download it, since i didnt know there were a english version. but now im downlading it. thanks!

to register for the awards you just have to post your game on the ags games main page. you will find the link on the home page of this site.
here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Marion

Thank you very much, I do it now ! :)

.Sklate.

I just played through it, and I must say what an interesting concept it is on what you've done! I shan't say to much to prevent spoilers.

However, I have found a bug.

Spoiler
After giving the blue crystal to Zak in IndyWorld, I am unable to go back to Indy World as I spawn onto Zak in the basement, preventing me from moving.
[close]

Marion

Thank you sklate !

sorry for this bug, I didn't experience this when I tested the game. I will try to fix it.

[edit]

Done ! I have fixed the bugs that have been reported to me.

If you find other ones, please keep me informed :)

Mats Berglinn

I have noticed a couple of bugs and mistakes:

Spoiler
1: If you go back to the cantina after sending Indy back and then return to the room with the portal (moister-evaporator) Indy comes back.

2: I'm not sure how I triggered this but I think that after I sent Maggie with the module, I get to Indy universe and give Elaine the T-shirt, you somehow get to the start room of Zak McKraken and Maggie is back there.

3: For some reason after having sent everybody back to their universes, the game doesn't end. I'm not sure what I did but it wasn't in the order mentioned in the game guide.

4: When talking Zak for the first time you get the artifact BEFORE Bernard ask Zak to give it to him.

5: The Interface is in french in the english version and some of the interactions is in mix of english and french.

6: For some reason you can't go back inside the cave where Darth Vader was after you have got the droidpart. Of course there are no reason to go back there but still...

7: When giving/using the pearl on Indy or giving Maggie the ingraved stick, neither of them disappears in the inventory.
[close]

Otherwise, it's a interesting game. I once had the idea of making characters from different Lucas Arts games meet but not like this. If you're going to make an extended version, how about add Sam & Max and Full Throttle?

Marion

Thank you Mats.
I don't think I will make an extended version with Sam & Max and Full Throttle, because I don't like thoses games as much as those I put in Lucasmaniac.

I will try to fix thoses bugs if I can.

José Luiz

C'est un jeu très intéressant!

I'm playing the French version and I'm enjoying it very much! The dialogues are excellent and funny, and the mélange of characters is really well done.
The only "complain" I have is that the font you used don't accept accents, so sometimes it's difficult (at least for me it is) to read some words - it took a time for me to realize that "ca" was "ça". :-[
This kind of game is nice also because every background I see reminds me the good time I had while playing those games, finding out characters and objects and solving puzzles.

Congratulations, Marion!
"L'Histoire est un roman qui a été." (Edmond and Jules de Goncourt)

.Sklate.

I'm in the midst of playing the english version, and it's been a great experience so far.

Marion, check your PM =)

*edit*
I've finished the game, and I must really say what a great job you've done! You've managed to keep the humour and light-heartedness of LucasArts games and manage to implement your ideas very very well! :)

bug report:
Spoiler
When you're in Zak World, you are able to use the lever to save Sophia even if you have not got rid of LeChuck yet.
[close]

Scorpio_Phoenix

is it just me or does the main character look surprisingly similar to the main character in no action jackson....

.Sklate.

Heh, Bernard does look like the main character from No Action Jackson. But Bernard's character was created way before No Action Jackson was created.

KristjanMan

Nice game! I love it ! Well but I' m kinda stuck but ill figure it out myself...

EDIT: Ok now I'm realy stuck:
Spoiler
where da hell i get teh map for that monkey island guy ??? Everyone else but him and that woman from monkey island are at their universes
[close]
- They are all from AGS coloringball

.Sklate.

Spoiler
to get the map for guybrush. In "The Dig World" you have to walk a path downwards. I also missed it. Its a path that leads to the bottom of the screen
[close]

Scorpio_Phoenix

just started playing! really good so far.

Marion

Thank you very much everybody :)

I know the font used in the game is not the best for french texts, because I can't use é, è, à  or ç, but every time I tried to change the font, the texts can't be readen. The default font is still the most useful.

I'm really sorry for all those remainings bugs, I wasn't able to see them every time I tested my game, even if I tried everything I could to be sure it's ok before to upload it.

And if you need it, there is an english walkthrough in the ZIP file of the game :)

KristjanMan

Finished it!!! ;D Oh and I never used LoomModule! ???
- They are all from AGS coloringball

Marion

My god, there are really STRANGE bugs !..
I don't understand why you can sometimes do a thing before doing another, as I programed the game in order to make it impossible...
I have to work a lot more on AGS...  :-\

Secret Fawful

Personally, I don't think Sam and Max would work in this game, Mat..The games put in this awesome one are all on a completely different category from Sam and Max, anyway Marion, AWESOME GAME. You did a wonderful job! I'm impressed that you made a few original aniamtions too. :D My only problem with the game is that there were no room interactions. You couldn't look at items in a room or anything, leaving the rooms somewhat empty..in my opinion. Thats the games only flaw but the rest is brilliant!

Mayeb for the sequel you could find a way to merge Sierras worlds. ;)

Marion

Thank you, Faw :)

You're right, I shoud probably add more room interactions, we can just look at objects useful for the game... I note it for my next game ;)

But I don't think I will make a game about Sierra... I don't like those games very much, I always prefered Lucasarts :)  (except from Goblins serie and Woodruff !)

.Sklate.

Marion, I've sent the files to you already.

It's true that Full Throttle and Sam & Max are notably missing, but I guess we can't get everything we want, can we?  :P

And Marion, do not fret! I'm sure you'll only get better at AGS in due time!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk