LucasManiac !

Started by Marion, Sun 23/04/2006 20:41:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Mordalles

really enjoying this game.

and thanks for putting the dig in there. i have never ever before seen a dig screenshot until now. and im really impressed.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Afflict

INteresting game I enjoyed it alot it was very funny in regard to all the characters... hehe

Edit: One thing that really confused me was why dont the villians get sent back ?? with this module thingy ???

Marion

As Bernard and Fred are good guys, they think it's better not to worry about villains....

Anyway, as you can you see, many of them woulndn't let them do :D

Sythe

I didn't play it all the way through but I have some suggestions.

Take the effort to recreate the worlds a little more exactly and dont compress or scale the graphics (if you are forced to make sure you scale by an integer multiple and keep aspect ratio otherwise you get sort of half pixel (in terms of the other scaled pixels around it) type things and it looks quite inconsitent - anyone whos streched an image in mspaint would understand what I mean.)

Also with the backgrounds I noticed only monkey island had any animation. One of the best parts of The Dig was the quality of the graphics and animations. Nearly all the backgrounds are animating.

A third thing which annoyed me slightly was missing rooms. Its fair enough that you shouldn't have to include all the rooms from each world, but at least include the ones on the way to the rooms which contain parts of your story line.

And finally... Match the music, and make it the orginal music! It was almost disturbing to play in The Dig world without the right music.

All that said, the game is pretty good. The translations take a little out of the humour of the game but it seems as though you've managed to keep the characters as they were.

Anyway, well done.

Marion

Thanks, Sythe.
I will try to remember your suggestions for my next game.

Anyway, I upload a new version with some fixed bugs (I hope !).

Dexter

AWSEOME, I loved it, the idea was awesome. 

Keep up the good work, can't wait to see the next one.

Marion

Thanks, Dexter :)
I don't know when I do a new one, because it took me a long time to do this one and I want to rest a bit ;)
But I have done two others games before Lucasmaniac. I didn't upload them because I haven't translated them yet, and they take place in my own universes, with personal characters (including one I created for a comic book). I tried others GUI with them before to make a Lucasarts-style one. The first uses only Monkey Island graphics, and for the second I have drawn everything myself. So it's the shorter  ;D

[edit]
I have uploaded a new version of Lucasmaniac with corrected english lines. Thank you .Sklate. for your help ! :)

grandma

i really enjoyed this game. no complaints from me.  i think you did a great job. hope to see more of your games in the future.
and marion, do not take any of the criticisms to heart, you are to be congratulated for the effort. 

.Sklate.

Heh, no problem Marion ... glad to be of service! :)

Btw, you might want to edit the topic subject and the original post.

Good luck and keep churning more games! :=

Marion

Thank you very much :)

I'm finishing my french tutorials and after that, maybe I will think about a new game... ;)
I think this one will be drawn entirely.

I update the first message. :)

Mats Berglinn

There's one thing I've been thinking of:

Spoiler
How on Earth did Brink end up in Zak McKraken's bedroom when he was trapped on Tatooine in the Star Wars Universe?
[close]

Marion

I have answered you by MP :)
How can I post a spoiler message ?  ???

For those who are not able to see the final cutscene, here is a savegame (just use the rock to leave Loom's universe) : http://katurajdr.jexiste.fr/fichiers/jeux/agssave.008

.Sklate.

Spoiler message can be done by using

["hide"] put bunny rabbit into the coffee mixer and switch it to max. ["/hide"] without the " 's

Anyway, glad to see the new translation up! I think it'll be able to make the game more immersive, and allow for the jokes to be able to hit the funny bone easier.

Keep it up!

Scorpio_Phoenix

Im stuck!!
Spoiler
Where is the module for the dig?
[close]

.Sklate.

Quote from: Scorpio_Phoenix on Fri 28/04/2006 15:46:32
Im stuck!!
Spoiler
Where is the module for the dig?
[close]

Heh, you can actually check out the included walkthrough ... but since I remember this one.

Spoiler

1. Go to Loom World.
2. Keep walking left until you reach the place with Luke Skywalker.
3. Get torch from him by talking to him.
4. Use torch on dark passage.
[close]

Scorpio_Phoenix

thank u  ;D
i didnt realise there was a walkthrough lol

Scorpio_Phoenix

Just finished! that was a really good game. and im guessing theres going to be another one by what they talk about at the end??  ;D

.Sklate.

Hehe, I think Marion included that part just as a comical ending. I doubt Marion will be working on a sequel to LucasManiac anytime soon.  ;D

Marion

Lol  ;D
No, I don't think I will make a sequel to LucasManiac. I want to work on other kinds of games, more personal.
But hey, if you think you can do it yourself... why not ? ;)

You can download all the graphics I used on my AGS site : http://adventuregamestudio.fr-bb.com/viewtopic.forum

Mats Berglinn

One thing about the game bothers me, how come you used the original backgrounds for the Zak McKraken rooms when you had the stuff from the hi-color for it? It would be more appropiate for the rest of the game, plus that you had the hi-color backgrounds of Loom.

I looked at the webpage and it said the Super Star Wars is for NES. It's actually SNES.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk