The Witch, the Wizard and the Blue Cup (April MAGS 2006)

Started by Sinitrena, Sun 23/04/2006 21:06:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinitrena

The Witch, the Wizard and the Blue Cup

Ever wanted to play a game with a really cliched story? Here you are: Linara is a witch. She dreams that she shall find a powerful magical object (The Blue Cup) to safe the world.

Features:
- a really cliched story
- bad voice acting
- worse graphics
- uninteressting puzzels

You can get it here.

Enjoy

Kaelem Gaen

Well I've played some of the game but I got a question... and not sure if this is a bug or not but
Spoiler
When I use Telekinesis on the big rock on the screen with the fairy... it floats over and rests on the stump... then floats back to its original spot like spell is casted twice...
[close]
Is it supposed to do that?
~ Chaos, panic, disorder...  My work is done here. ~

CosmoQueen

KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Sinitrena

QuoteIs it supposed to do that?
Yes, it is.
Spoiler
It's for a puzzle where you have to put something on the stump before cast the spell.
[close]

QuoteHey how can I get off the broom?
You can't (and you don't need to, anyway.).

QuoteWell that was funny
Thanks, I really hoped it would be funny, as I never really tried to make a funny game before.

CosmoQueen

KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

TassieDevil

The download didn't work. At first it presented a blank html file, on the second attempt I got a screen but the download button caused a file-not-found message.

The mirror html looks better, but the download button just refreshes that html. So not luck :(

!Modified! Thanks Peder, that link was good and fast! :)

Peder 🚀

TassieDevil

Hi, this is a cute little game! I enjoyed the concept very much, the dialogues were funny too - well done!

But not the colours.
Spoiler

The twine and loppings were nearly invisible in the house and when I looked into my inventory - I couldn't see them because of the background. I have got the hair (for the wizard), the mirror and silver - don't know what to do with them, maybe making a silver plate? I found the sunny spot. I guess I have to place something onto the stump before using telekinesis, the things I have don't go there.

I guess I have to sort out the colour puzzle first - I have seriously trouble distinguishing these colours, which is blue, yellow, green :( - so I have to give up. But it was fun until then :)
[close]

Mordalles

i enjoyed this game. the turning colour thing puzzle was evil, but well thought out.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Sinitrena

QuoteI have got the hair (for the wizard), the mirror and silver - don't know what to do with them, maybe making a silver plate?
You should not be able to have the mirror and silver. Could you tell me how this was possible for you?
You have to solve the colour puzzle befor you can put anything on the stump in the room with the fairy (theres an other stump where you can put something else).

Is the coulor puzzle really difficult? In my opinion it is rather easy, but that's perhaps because I know the solution.  ???

The Book

Finished the game... Good puzzles, nice atmosphere, ONE BUG:

Spoiler
when I put the mirror on the stump, it's still in my inventory
[close]

Overall, I enjoyed it - especially the colour puzzle.  It was challenging, but not frustrating.

TassieDevil

Quote from: Sinitrena on Sun 30/04/2006 00:49:55
QuoteI have got the hair (for the wizard), the mirror and silver - don't know what to do with them, maybe making a silver plate?
You should not be able to have the mirror and silver. Could you tell me how this was possible for you?
You have to solve the colour puzzle befor you can put anything on the stump in the room with the fairy (theres an other stump where you can put something else).

Is the coulor puzzle really difficult? In my opinion it is rather easy, but that's perhaps because I know the solution.Ã,  ???
Well, I have found the mirror and the stone somewhere in the forest. When I looked at the stone it said, oops - this is silver or something like this...
The colour puzzle is difficult because I couldn't distinguish the colours, blue and purple looked the same to me - being handicapped and colour blind :( (I guess there was green and yellow too) A hint for game developers (!!!!), much easier working with symbols!

Nice game otherwise!

buloght

Hi, I really like this game. For me this is the best of your games. The puzzles are nice and logical, just how I like them  :)

I am still busy with the round puzzle :)

thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk