Christopia

Started by Nacho, Sat 06/05/2006 14:12:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho

Haddas started a silly joke about Christopia, the new AGS country in the middle of the Caribbean.

It's resulting into something funny!

First, we need a place...
http://www.vladi-private-islands.de/islandsforsale.html

Discuss about it, this is an exercise of creativity for creating a new imaginary country. I've rushed the flag.

And, oh! I've received the first complains about the racist implied in the St. George cross. I will fix it, I will try to include a half moon.

The explanation of the shield: Lion=Jones. The panel below right=Roger. Bluecup and St. George's cross, a homage to the place where AGS was born, England.

The chanel #Christopia is open to discuss about this.

I propose Chris Jones as the King (Constitutional monarchy, ok? I don't want dictadures).

I am only sure about charging diplomacy to Andail, and the ministry of war, to me.

EDIT: As we should be a little country in the middle of the sea, the army would probably be a body of civil protection, more than an "army". We should have the tools to fight against hurricanes and that stuff.

If not, I might accept the ministry of sport too.

We can do as much ministries as we want. I demmand Haddas to have a ministry as well for having propossed this.

I want this to be a fictitional place to be used in AGS games. So, the more things we do, the better, anthems, Identifying documents, national parties...

Discuss more about it. This can be funny.Ã,  :)
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Ali

This is a great idea. We must have an election to choose the president/prime minister of Christopia.

I nominate SSH.

Nacho

I agree, Andrew can be a great Prime Minister.

On the other hand, we need a name. A real official good/sounding name. I go for "Caribbean Kindom of Christopia". I'd like to add more stuff to the flag, does somebody know latin?

Edit: The first version of the anthem can be heard here:

http://www.americangirlscouts.org/agsoperas/original/The%20AGS%20Overture.mp3

But it does sound like a "jam" Could someone fix it and make it sound professional? And we need lyrics. Something vaguely linked with "real" anthems.

Layabout

This reminds me of this...

http://www.citizensrequired.com/unit/site/index.shtml

Interesting idea.

I'd like to a minister, or an ambassador.
I am Jean-Pierre.

HillBilly

In honor of this new country I planted some flowers that will greet all the new citizens and visitors of Christopia.

I hope of course I'll have your support when the flower-minister is chosen.

Ali

You've created Christopia's first christopiary!

You have my vote for flower minister.

Haddas

I ran a simulation what would happen if Everyone crammed onto the island. THIS Is the shocking result.

This leads me to believe that we need to start checking if AGSers are real agsers, or just people who want to live in Christopia. As you clearly see, the initial boom is enormous.

Also. I am the founder and lead bureaucrat at the Game Categorizing And Rating Bureau.

ManicMatt

Haha that anthem kicks ass! Sure, it's more like a song than an anthem, but anthem's are for losers, we are the cool folks, so we will have a cool anthem dammit!

oh, but as much as I like the rapping thing at the end, it sounds too much like "we didn't start the fire".

Do we really want an anthem that goes like:

"Glorious pixel land,
guiding us with clicks of hand,
to the magical blue cup of code,
down the 320 x 230 resolution'd road."

No we don't!

I request to be the minister of crazy talk.

Haddas

That position was filled by Obi ages ago.

Creed Malay

Nothing can ever sound too much like "We didn't start the fire".
Mobile Meat Machines - Comics of Animals and Education! - http://meatmachines.livejournal.com/

Akumayo

Oh, oh, pick me!  I want to be nominated for minister of SOMETHING!  How about... minister of... random and usually useless modules?  Eh? Eh?
"Power is not a means - it is an end."

HillBilly

Great now we'll just end up with an island of ministers.

Akumayo

Well, we could always enlave the members who haven't posted in over two years (there's a LOT of them).
"Power is not a means - it is an end."

The Inquisitive Stranger

Whoa. For a minute there, I read that as Christ-opia.
Actually, I HAVE worked on a couple of finished games. They just weren't made in AGS.

SSH

Quote from: Farlander on Sat 06/05/2006 14:27:08
I agree, Andrew can be a great Prime Minister.
Thanks Ali, Farl.

As prime minister, I take full responsibility for positive integers that are not divisible by any other positive integers...

passer-by

I don't want a position in the government, but I'll sponsor it.

Not that I'm buying you or something, but in return you might like to pass some laws favouring my constructions company while I'm looking for contracts...

CP
Constructions company CEO

Tuomas

Eh... SSH as prime minister... ummm, eh, you didn't see me escaping on that boat back there. And I hope you have as .. hmm... disaster-free lifes in there...

Nacho

I've changed it a bit. No crosses at all. No crescent moons, or David's stars.

And I've included a reference to Mittens.Ã,  ;D

I have a group of candidates:

King: Christopher ****** Jones
Prime Minister: SSH
Foreign affairs: Nikolas (I wanted a pacifist, I thought on Andail, but I moved him to...)
Culture: Petter Ljunqvist. (He wants to be a teacher no?)
Minister of Defense: Farlander. Alynn and Yaksplit will be the army...
Minister of Economy: DG MacPhee. (Man, this is going to rock...)
Haddas: Minister of something.
Minister of governation: Creed Malay.
Minister of Beverages: Grundy.
Minister of gardening and flower maintenance: HillBilly.
Sheriff: Squinky. (He works in a prison, no?)
Minister of inner affaires: Mr. C. He has allways seemed fair with me, even considering myself a "difficult" member... I think he should do the laws.

Anyone wants to join?

As this is going to be an non religious kingdom, there won't be a chief of the church. But there will be a place (The same for all) for practising the religion. As Babar acted as a Imam once, he hill be the Imam. Rharpe can be the Pope, and the Ravi, the only Jew I can think of, is Dave Gilbert.

HillBilly

I would've been the greatest flower minister ever. I even got a whole vote from Ali.

I'll remember this during the rebel revolution. We'll see how your precious military evens up to our sticks and stones.

EDIT: And flowers.

Domino

Is there going to be any pubs? Just put me down as a local at one of the pubs. Maybe somebody who spreads gossip through the land. The Town Rat.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk