ed the feel good rabbit

Started by mistral, Mon 08/05/2006 14:46:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Kweepa

Quote from: timlump on Mon 15/05/2006 23:14:29
My JOKE game solitude actually started out as a test to see if I could make a palyable game in under an hour, at the end of it I had something that was to be honest crap but I didnt want to put it to waste so I just put it up and went "lets see what they think"

There's an "hour game" thread for that sort of thing.
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=1851.0
That way the completed games forum doesn't get cluttered, and downloaders are forewarned.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

timlump

I obviously know that NOW you must remember that I did that over 8 months ago.

ManicMatt

I find it easier to rate games than to rate paintings.

I don't like those Tiger Woods golf games for example, but I know they are very polished and give golf justice. I also don't like the Batman begins game, but I know that it is a flawed game with poor gameplay. I enjoyed CSI 3Dimensions of murder, but I wouldn't go around shouting "GET THIS GAME IT'S FUN!" because I know it contains stale gameplay, pixel hunting, broken continuity in at least one place, and it's a bit stupid, but I just like the subject matter. (No I've never watched the TV series)

So rating Ed the feel good rabbit as a "game" would mean that it is too short and barely has any gameplay to even mention.

Krysis

You don't put it up to annoy people , you put it up to see what people think.
E.g don't you wonder why some people think a piece of canvas painted white is art.

Well thats the frame of mind your in.

Interesting.
Does that mean If I puke my dinner over a canvas and say it's "the best alt I the world!!!111!", people would think it's art? I'm scared if they do.

Nikolas

E.g don't you wonder why some people think a piece of canvas painted white is art.
Huh?

You know, I may not be a graphic guru or anything like that, and mainly I don't like high-jacking this thread, which is about a gane that did made the two hours after playing it :), but maybe you should study extensivly before starting to judge such things... Of course a lot of contemporary art is indeed rubbish (in any form of art), but still...

lo_res_man

I think Art, good and Bad, is Art, if it is meant to be Art.
To take an example from Doug Funnie, if one drank brush was water, and then (accidentally) sneezed it on the canvas, that’s not art, but if you puke on a canvas, and you INTEND it to be art, its art. stupid, original only for the sake of originalness, but art. 
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk