SSH's Walkcycle generator v1.10

Started by SSH, Tue 09/05/2006 22:37:47

Previous topic - Next topic

joelphilippage

I really need a back walkcycle. Are you planning on making one or will you just make an editable bone structure.

SSH

There already is and editable bone structure.

I will do a back walkcycle at some point, but don't hold your breath...

TerranRich

I haven't DLed the prog yet, but it looks awesome. One question: Is it possible to make the character bounce when he walks forward? In the example provided he kinda stays in one spots and does aerobics with his legs :P Just curious.

SSH

Forward/back walkcycles shouldn't bob. it looks silly when they are static, true, but when they are moving in AGS it is fine. I think.

He-Man

Thanks alot SSH!
I know people have said it before but this thing is really great. It's really going to make game making a lot easier from now on.
Keep up the good work!

theatrx

SSH!Ã,  You never cease to amaze me!

I bought Poser 6 to do walk cycles and to build characters for just this purpose... meanwhile 400 dollars later... you come up with this!Ã,  Ã,  Still I like what poser can do and it's working really well with the 'photographic' characters I am working with... but gosh!Ã,  this is truly fantastic. Great Work!Ã,  Again!Ã,  Steve (theatrx)
Life is a banquet and most poor sonsofbitches are starving to death

Kweepa

Finally got around to using this. Awesome!

Is there a manual somewhere? Is there some way to edit the parts' x and y offsets in the xml? I'd like to be able to keep my setup. A "save xml" option would be nice! So would a single step backwards button.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

SSH

Thanks for the suggestions Steve. Yeah, a save XML would be nice and backwards step... I'm not sure what you mean, but only because its ages since I used this myself.

In fact, I'd love to be able to let you edit frames by dragging around the points of the skeleton and various other things: scaling the whole set of angles, etc. But even what I was thinking of is actually producing the whole walkcycle dynamically in-game and letting the user script up commands to make an arm stretch out or up and so on, and to automatically foreshorten and so on. The front/back walkcycles are pretty dodgy when actually used in AGS, and I want to work on that too.

Perhaps I can build up some momentum to work on this some more. It would be great if I coudl work out how to do it nicely in 800x600 mode, as its all very small just now.

Kweepa

I did some work on an animation editor with point dragging at the weekend. Perhaps we can collaborate on it, because I'm having trouble writing neat xml reading and writing code.

Here's what I have so far (note that some of the menu items don't work, but the keyboard shortcuts they refer to do). Source is included.
http://www.kweepa.com/step/ags/tech/NM8R20070218.rar

And a screenshot for the curious:
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Whee, Steve and SSH get together! I'll really enjoy checking up on the development of an already extraordinary program, now that another extraordinary coder has come up!
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Dualnames

I don't want to sound like I don't appreciate all your work on the program but the front walkcycle needs many adjustments. It doesn't stack with the others. Your program though it's perfect.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Javin

LMAO!  I just took the test to become a member of the forum.  What a riot.  Any way to find out what score I got?

Anywho, I haven't installed your app (I'm no artist) but it looks like you're using some sort of 2D skeleton for it?  I'm a 3D programmer, and I have well over 1000 motion capture animations.  Perhaps I could be of some assistance, writing a program that sits from a static angle (which can be adjusted) and "builds" skeletal data for your app?  Respond if interested.

-Javin

Dualnames

By the way I withdraw my previous comment. With some adjustments I made back walkcycle.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

vertigoaddict

Praise is always welcomed right? Great stuff here!
My first try, just for fun...

I just took parts from my 'Sims 2' character and 'cleaned up' and resized and outlined the parts. If the head was smaller, it'll look more realistic...but I like it this way; I think it's kinda cute.

NRasool

This is a great utility, Thanks for providing the templates, I drew over them using Gale, and it was quite quick
Quote from: Dualnames on Mon 07/05/2007 02:23:00
By the way I withdraw my previous comment. With some adjustments I made back walkcycle.
Please could you provide the XML for this, as it would help fellow members here. It would be greatly appreciated :)

vertigoaddict

Quote from: slasher13 on Fri 08/06/2007 10:48:38
This is a great utility, Thanks for providing the templates, I drew over them using Gale, and it was quite quick
Quote from: Dualnames on Mon 07/05/2007 02:23:00
Please could you provide the XML for this, as it would help fellow members here. It would be greatly appreciated :)

I think you just make 'back-view' parts and then reverse the animation and you get a back-walkcycle.

Kain

Cool! Since I draw my sprites with pen & paper I didn't have much problems with walking, but this will make it a LOT easier. Just one problem, though: I downloaded both the LoRes and HiRes versions, but none of them has the "Front" XML, they only have the "Right", "WCGen" and "Forward" ones.  ???
Also, I think there should be an XML Library somewere so we can choose and download XMLs made by members ech.

Keep up the good work!

You do good!  ;D

Peace.  >:(

dirk delshire

Not sure if someone already said this or not but are there different walk cycles for male and female? If not you should think about adding it to your next update. As you may well know females walk differently than males because of anatomy. Also thanks for adding to the AGS community, and keep up the good work.
OMEGA Works Lead Director
Sometimes the art defines the artist but I believe artist defines himself...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk