SSH's Walkcycle generator v1.10

Started by SSH, Tue 09/05/2006 22:37:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Stasko

I use Version 1.10 now i don't know if it is the newest version? but i downloaded different versions but it does not work for me, i also use Vista mayby that is the problem?

SSH

Can you try downloading v1.10 from the beginning of this thread, and then straight away without changing anything export the default animation and see if it works, please?

Stasko

This version works well, so dont be afraid, but why does the newest version not have the bone menu were you can create your own way of walking?

Still thanks for your quick response!

SSH

You can still create the XML in that bone version and export it back out to 1.10...

I have a new version in the works, but although stuff works better in some ways, a lot of this have got messed up and I may need to start again.

Stasko

I have to say the Walkgen is a welcome little programm, just like in maya you can create movements easy now! Good job

Bt hopefully the front and back walk with the right and left will be standard in a new version, also will there be new options in a newer verion? so you can create movements much more like you want it

Stasko

O yeah one other item: Will there be an option to resize your chararcter when exporting him from the walkgen? Because i have to resize every frame before i can use it in ags, i cannot resize them in AGS so mayby anice feuture?

red runner

"Life's too short for all this nonsense.:
  -Joseph Brophy

SSH

skuttleman

Hey,

Lovin' this program!!!! Is it possible, in a later version, to increase the frame size so we could animate bigger characters or other kinds of animations (like jumping or something)?

Thanks!

Jakerpot

Good program, but, how can i make a walkcycle up? i make a side an down, but i need up too. Thanks.

Ghost

Quote from: jakerpot on Wed 07/01/2009 04:52:43
Good program, but, how can i make a walkcycle up? i make a side an down, but i need up too. Thanks.

That's not yet included, but it's not too hard to create one based on the "down" cycle.

Fritzi

This is a great program. It seems to me that it would become even better with some sort of extension to modify the .xml files. It is actually not that hard to edit those files manually with a text editor,
but it would be simpler and more convenient to have a graphic editor.

Then it would not be hard to make a "up" cycle, and it would also be easy to incorporate
whatever silly walks you could come up with. Or even to modify the template to
animate a dog or an  octopus.

The current beta version does go a long way to do this, but it seems to have several bugs, and I could
not make it work for me.  It would be wonderful to have a version that was as reliable as version
1.10 of the  program and could roll the bones like the beta version!

patbob

Thanks, this was very helpful, but even the most recent version seemd to lack a walkcycle with the character walking away from the camera (ie. upscreen).  I couldn't use the forward walkcycle because then the knees and elbows bent in a disconcerting direction.  So... I hacked on the Forward.xml file one evenring to create a passable walkcycle for this.

I can't attach it to this post, and its pretty long (so I didn't want to inline it in this post),  It can be found at http://mysite.verizon.net/~patbobw/Back.xml.

Sorry, I'm not very web-tech savvy, so browsers won't follow the link and display anything meaningful.  You can wget the file from the link, or open it in a browser and view the page source to see the XML, then cut-n-paste that into a file.  The one thing you can't do is open the link in a browser and save it to a file -- the browser seems to mangle the file because its trying to interpret it somehow.

Hope this helps.

SSH: feel free to bundle this with the generator if you want -- a back walkkcycle is the last significant bit of functionality that's missing.  Mine's not perfect, but its pretty close.

Construed

Yea, What i did was a just rendered it all normally then made a copy of the forward frames and edited one of the heads to be the back of a head then pasted the back of head on all the copies.Works pretty good.Also flip the frames to make it seem diffrent than down.
I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes.
Then I met the man with no feet.

LocutusofBored

I really like this program. Steve McCrea's version really helps to fix some of the walk cycles. I had one error though, you can edit the front view on Steve's but can't save the xml without getting an error. If anyone knows how to do this let me know.

I also like to use SSH's 320x240 version at 640x480 because it adds some extra space in between everything and I can use larger sprites in there.

Please continue this program guys, its a nice simple program that's easy to use.

SSH

As suggested, I'm releasing the source code for this, so that anyone can take it and make something better. Please give me some acknowledgment if you re-use any parts!

I haven't looked at this for nigh on 3 years, so apologies if its broken or rubbish!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk