King's Quest 2 VGA has been released!

Started by Erpy, Tue 03/12/2002 06:56:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Erpy

Tierra's latest and greatest project is now available for download and is ready to rock the fangame world.

(our new site is at www.tierraentertainment.com)

LucasFan

Do'h â€" 103,60 MB (game + music pack)
It seems that Tierra once again set new standards for AGS-games…

Erpy

2ma2 - unplugged

But geez.. are there a midi version of that music pack? This is pretty much for fast connection people only, cause it'd take a month or similar with my dialup..

Ofcourse, one could download it in school.. :)

Barcik

Nice, nice. Well I am downloading it now but I don't know when I will be able to actually get to it to play (I have many other games on my list).

Hmmm.... just in time for the awards.
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Erpy

If you don't download the music pack, KQ2VGA will resort to MIDI music instead. But we don't encourage it. The digital score is to the MIDI-soundtrack what VGA is compared to EGA.

Dave Gilbert

Yay!  I've been looking forward to this game for a long time.  

Although your timing is terrible, dude.  You could have released this a week ago when we Americans were taking our Thanksgiving vacations.  :)

Anyrate, I am downloading now in eager anticipation...

"Romancing the Stones?"

Hm.  That sounds kind of dirty.

-Dave

Vel

Downloading now(up to 50%)
But when is QFG2 coming?I'm really looking forward to it!

Barcik

Hmm.... is this going to have a voice pack too?

Erpy

We don't give out estimated release dates (like for QFG2VGA) anymore. The deal with KQ2+ was; the game was finished a month or so ago already. But there was one thing we called "the mystery feature" (a VERY spiffy intro movie) that took ages. We were forced to hold off the release despite our earlier estimations and some of the fans were starting to press us...

It's highly unlikely KQ2+ will have a voicepack. There's a crapload of dialogue in there and it would take ages to record everything and edit it into the game.

Nostradamus

* Nostradamus pisses his pants in excitement

* Nostradamus changes pants and downloads

Vel

Marvellous!Brilliant!Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!That's one of the best fan games I have ever played(if not the best!)keep up the good work, guys!

Raggit

I'm currently downloading it!

I've got Direct PC digital satelite internet!

So not much of a wait for me! :P
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

Raggit

Okay, this has been re-written to avoid future arguments.

I didn't quite care for the Tierra remake of KQ2. IMO it strayed from the original too much, but if you are interested in a alternate and interesting remake of KQ2, download KQ2 VGA.
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

Pumaman

Raggit: I'm curious, in what way is this worse? The original KQ2 was one of the most boring games I have ever played, are you seriously saying that you would have found an exact remake more fun than this? Have you even tried it?

Adamski

Harsh, harsh words there Raggit... Tierra have quiet obviously poured their heart and soul into this project, and are no doubt huge Sierra fans themselves, so i'm sure they'd take that kind of criticism quite unwell seeing the amount of effort that has gone into this.

More to the point, fantastic work guys, this truly is a very professional product... I haven't got very far into the game (too much wandering around in forests in Sierra games... but very beautiful forests!) but it oozes quality in every way.

Erpy

There's one thing we kept in mind during the entire development (that Raggit doesn't seem to understand). If you remake something; don't duplicate the flaws of the original. KQ2 had lots of flaws. Dead end situations, places where you could fall down by taking a wrong step, no antagonist, no dialogue, illogical puzzles, randomly chosen characters and a rather thin plot. We decided to create a game that would match the quality of KQ6. If original aspects had to be removed in order to improve the final result; so be it.

Raggit

Okay, I admit, I was being to hard on KQ2VGA.

I DO understand what a hard task it is to create a computer game.  I guess I was just disapointed becuase KQ1VGA was done so well. It felt like a real Sierra game. KQ2VGA didn't have the same feeling. It was to different and I was expecting somthing more like the original KQ2.

So I extend my apologizes to the entire Tierra KQ2 VGA team. Sorry I came down on your game so hard. I must say though, the intro was awesome. What did you guys use to make that?

I personally think that KQ2 was better than the first KQ.  And CJ, yes I did try it. It just wasn't to my liking.

But the main point here is that I was in the wrong for being such a jerk. I must say that I appreciate the fact that you all treated me more mature than I treated you. I was in a bad mood anyway.

again sorry.

--Raggit
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

Erpy

That's a better way to voice an opinion.

Too bad you didn't like it. It was a daring move on our part and will be an interesting experiment regarding how much changes fans will tolerate without seeing it as an oddball in the series.

I'll admit that the game contains some elements that weren't exactly taken from the KQ-games. The "dark part" for instance is more like QFG4 than any KQ-game.

If you surf the web, you'll find that most people haven't given KQ2 a very high rating. I've already mentioned some of the weak points. The plot itself is rather thin. A 1:1 remake wouldn't be a problem with a deep game like QFG2. There's hardly anything we'd be able to improve in Trial by Fire. I think lots of people would have been disappointed if we just upgraded the music and graphics for KQ2. It would have been like giving a caveman an expensive 900 dollar suit. Good-looking on the outside, but still primitive within. After getting used to the graphics, people would start scoffing that the game was still bad.

Ah well, I find it hard to believe that you finished the game already at this time, so maybe you should try to beat it nevertheless. (the game definitely gets better as you proceed...) Even if you don't regard it as a genuie KQ (a point I disagree with you on), you could still try to see it as an adventure we put a lot of love into.

(end of rant)

Raggit

KQ2 was rather weak, I agree.

Anyway, I'm sure QFG2VGA will not disapoint. I'm getting anxious to see the AGS battle system!

--Raggit
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

Timosity

The game looks great, It took about 20 mins to download(game + music), I felt like i was back using a dialup, but it made me think this must mean quality, I've been waiting for this for over a year, but not as Much as QFG2 remake, this game will hopefully just tide me over till then.
I'm not much of a kings quest fan but I have played all up to 6,
I had a go of Tierra's new version and it took me a while to figure out which KQ it was. Kings quest gets me all confused I can never remember what things happen in different ones, so It should be a challenge, especially if it is a different story to the original.

btw I think it's great making a remake that is different in some ways to the original, it makes it worth playing, otherwise people will say "ah, I've already played that game," and not bother downloading it.

You Should make a remake of Leisure suit Larry 2 or 3, or even Space Quest 2 or 3, or if any other people who want to make a remake of any of these games go for it, I just think the kings quest games are a bit lame, but still definately playable, that's just my taste. Personally the Quest for Glory series took over where the  Kings Quest series went shit, why didn't I think of that. Well Sierra still made money from both.

Great work Tierra, are any of you ex sierra workers or something, Why be anonymous, If you are worried about being sued, I hate to tell you but they could track you down if they really wanted to sue you, Just come out of the closet and be proud to have released a great game.

Hurry up Q4G2, I'm sure it will be worth the wait, but not another year, not next christmas, that's too far away, like waiting for the next Lord of the rings movie to come out, There is still over a year until The Return of the king.

Now there's an Idea for a very large 3 part adventure game, I know there are various LOTR games out there even really old ones but If someone started this project on AGS it would be awsome. It would have to be done well though, ANY TAKERS

Snake

Pfft, piece of cake, Tim. I'd take on that project anyday ;) Not as hard as the fan sequel to Willy Beamish I'm secretly working on...

DAMNED DIALUP! It would take years to download it. I didn't even play the first one because of time. Damn, I need a faster connection.

I'm sure it rocks, though, guys!

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

auhsor

Heaps cool. I'll download it next time i get the chance, cos i'm at school at the moment. It's gonna take a while, stupid dialup. I've been waitin for this for a while.

Yeah, i think that a remake of SQ3 would be the coolest, but you guys at tierra are probably into the KQ and QFG series. But i wouldnt know, would i.

Anyways, keep up the good work.

amaranth

I think you've done an excellent job on this game. The intro that takes you through the land, up to the tower was great.  B.t.w., how long did it take you to do that??
Like RPGs? Play Ahriman's Prophecy!!
www.amaranthia.com

Erpy

We asked a 3D-artist to do the cutscene for us. And it took way too long. In fact, if we would have left out the cutscene, we would have released the game a month or so ago already.

Duzz

This game is fantastic, the plot, the puzzles, the art, the music the easter eggs...   everyone should download it now, even you poor dialups =)

Well done tierra!

(btw: CJ, could you implement a time-machine into AGS  to transport me to next year so i can play qfg2vga plz? ;) )

thanks.
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

Barcik

Quote from: Timosity on Wed 04/12/2002 02:45:31You Should make a remake of Leisure suit Larry 2 or 3, or even Space Quest 2 or 3,

Or of Leiusre Suit Larry 4!!!

Dave Gilbert

Holy fluffernutters on TOAST.  This game is great!  I haven't played that much of it yet, but wow.  You really fleshed out the gameworld.  I always thought the mer-people section was the lamest part of KQ2, but you've made it really interesting.  Well done!

-Dave

Timosity

I finally finished the game, it was much better than I expected, not being a Kings Quest Fan, I only needed 1 hint to finish the game and i'm disappointed I needed it, cause I probably would have figured it out, It wasn't one of the harder puzzles, well it wasn't even really a puzzle, but I won't spoil it for anyone else. If I'd played the original in the last while it would have been an easier task.

Is Tierra's version of Kings Quest 1 an exact replica or has the story been changed like no.2, if it has I might consider playing it, cause if I'm not mistaken, didn't Sierra make a remake of the game too, before VGA.

This has made me think differently about the Kings Quest series but I feel Tierra have made a better production than Sierra, in Kings Quest 2 anyway.

All I can say is, I can't wait for Quest for Glory 2 remake.
End of 2003, Geez, Haven't you started it yet?
Just kidding, take as long as you like, the longer it takes, the better the quality, Well I hope.

I Just hope Q4G2 takes more than 2 days to finish, with more puzzles.

Keep up the good work Tierra, And do something about that Anonymous Developer stuff, The only unprofessional part of the whole production.

Nostradamus

THis is brilliant.
I was just going WOW!!! looking at the cutscenes.
I love have you added depth to the story I always hated how ther ewasn't any story in King's Quest, just a collection of fairy tales stuff. Great job.

I'm stuck with no stones. I 'll try to look in the original KQ2 walkthrough maybe it will help. I didn't find Red Hood's basket, didn't find what to give to the mermaid, don't know where to get water for the pumpkin, can't enter either house or Hagatha's cave...

player

having beat the game I can say it's absolutely awesome, and that more and more impressive stuff awaits you the more you play. so don't miss out!

Raggit

Sierra probably wouldn't sue just becuase there is a group of loyal fans remaking old adventure games into VGA.

If they're going to sue anybody, it'll be the guys who made QFG 1/4 or whatever.

I think Tierra should credit their real names in their games.
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

Squinky

Don't listen to him guys....Raggit works undercover for Sierra...Don't let him trick you....

Raggit

*Raggit pulls bag over Squinky's head and drags him into a closet and locks the door*

Shh! I almost had a case!!

No, I really don't want anything to do with today's Sierra. The old Sierra however, is great!!

I wish they still made adventure games. Or at least sold the ones they already made. It's like they don't even want to accept adventure games as apart of their history. :(
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

Timosity

I tried to ask in the Tierra forum, who the anonymous developers were, I was more looking for general info ie did they formerly work for Sierra, I got this response from Tom Lewandowski

QuoteLet's just say, the KGB and CIA top brass are watching...and leave it at that.

I don't think remaining anonymous will stop anyone from being able to sue them. There are some smart organisations out there and if they really want to track someone down they will.

Whoever they are anyway, they must have already made their money, if they can spend over a year creating a quality game, for no money, They obviously love what they do. Therefore are probably people who have worked on other sierra games, and money isn't an object to them anymore (bastards)

I bet most of us wish we could just sit back and make AGS games without having to work, Imagine the Quality of Our games then.

There's a group of People making Space Quest 7 using the AGAST Engine, and I think some of those people have worked on former Space Quest games, This game has been in production for longer than KQ2VGA and still has a long way to go I think, But they have to make up a whole new story, much harder obviously than rewriting an old one.
the site is here: http://www.sq7.org/

There is Also a team making Kings Quest IX, the production for this looks pretty good too, I think this one uses the AGAST Engine aswell. the site is here: http://www.kq9.org

So if anyone hasn't heard about these games, there are the links, Also If anyone knows any other cool projects that are going on please inform me.

FenderQ

Geez that must have been a lot of hard time consuming work.  Congratulations on a job well done!

I like the new web site design too. :D

Barcik

I was told that they remain anonymous because they don't want to take the credit for a game that they have not designed.

Erpy

QuoteWhoever they are anyway, they must have already made their money, if they can spend over a year creating a quality game, for no money, They obviously love what they do. Therefore are probably people who have worked on other sierra games, and money isn't an object to them anymore (bastards)

Well yeah, our development team loves what they're doing. If you don't put love into your game, you might as well not release it at all. (as it'll suck)

But you're wrong about the AGD's being retired ex-Sierra workers. They are most certainly not. Just adventure fans (in pretty much the same age group as most adventure fanatics) who spend a lot of time keeping the classics alive.

It's true that the AGDs don't want to take credit for a game that's not theirs. It would be naïve for us to think that just an anonymous internet name would keep an angry company at bay.

Speaking of Sierra sueing; they did indeed contact the QFG4.5 project once and demanded it to be shut down. The creator sent them a sarcastic reply back and told them they'd be welcome to sue. Sierra appearantly never got back to them. I DO believe they had to move once because their host kicked them off, but I can't tell if Sierra had anything to do with this.

Barcik

Indeed, the big companies are rarely bothered with fan games. All I ever heard of is that Lucasarts have closed down some Monkey Island fan games prior to the release of Escape of Monkey Island.

Chrille

KQ2VGA is truly an amazing game and feels just a good old Sierra game, minus the dead ends and the illogical deaths ofcourse :-). I only wish the dead ends would have been removed/reworked from KQ1VGA as well ;-)

I think that Sierra might have tried shutting down QFG 4.5 because it doesn't represent the QFG series properly (it's a great game, but Sierra were probably not really too excited about all the offensive jokes :)), but games like KQ1VGA & KQ2VGA I'm sure they're more than happy to allow, since they actually give the series a better image than the orginal KQ1 & 2.
GASPOP software
http://www.gaspop.com

Barcik

Oh shit, KQ1VGA has dead ends. Since I am playing this now, can someone PM me them.

Erpy

Lessee:

Don't cut the rope of the well after lowering it.

Don't allow the dwarf to steal anything from you.

Don't eat the magic beans.

Don't give your major treasures away.

Don't forget to check out the fields or help the peasants before interacting with any big birds who might pop up.

After dropping down near big holes in the ground, explore first and don't be too eager going in there yet.

Raggit

Well it is Sierra's responsibility to protect and uphold their game's names and reputation.
Whoever made QFG1/4 is in deep trouble. Sending a sarcastic letter is NOT good policy. Sierra could have investigators spying down his back and he would never know it. Remaining anyomous is NOT going to help save anybody from the law.

But does it make sense to anybody to sue somebody for making a parody of a game that company refuses to sell? *Raggit watches his blood pressure as he contemplates the thought of a parody of his favorite game, and hopes that Sierra will sue whoever is held responsible for creating QFG1/4*

As far as Tierra goes... I think it is wise to remain anymous in this case. Not becuase they are afraid of getting sued, but becuase they didn't design or write the games. They simply are remaking them.
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

Timosity

Quote from: Erpy on Fri 06/12/2002 12:16:53But you're wrong about the AGD's being retired ex-Sierra workers. They are most certainly not. Just adventure fans (in pretty much the same age group as most adventure fanatics) who spend a lot of time keeping the classics alive.

Wow, That makes it all the more impressive to me, I was just throwing some contoversy in the air to get a responce, I'm a Developer myself, I just wanted to know a bit of background on the deveolpers Tierra used.
I have got the responces I was looking for so thanks Erpy

Edit: I agree that the Q4G4.5 was not something sierra would have liked, but personally it was one of the games that lead me to AGS, I'm not easily offended by much and the shock value of the game was great.
I can see why people would be offended though. Maybe they should have called the game something else.

But all I can say if you don't like it, don't play it, then it won't effect you in the slightest.

Raggit

Timosty, what do you mean your a developer yourself?

Oh, and Erpy, in KQ1VGA, what the heck is the gnome's name?  I know it was rumplestiltskin (or however it is spelt) backwards, but I can never get it right!! How do you spell the gnome's very confusing name?
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

Timosity

Quote from: Raggit on Fri 06/12/2002 15:23:10Timosty, what do you mean your a developer yourself?

All I mean by that is that I'm an amature developer, I create my own games with AGS, click the link in my signature, isn't that what most people who browse these forums are?

Barcik

Quote from: Raggit on Fri 06/12/2002 15:23:10Oh, and Erpy, in KQ1VGA, what the heck is the gnome's name?  I know it was rumplestiltskin (or however it is spelt) backwards, but I can never get it right!! How do you spell the gnome's very confusing name?

Does it even matter if you guess it or not? I assume the only difference is points.

Erpy

In the end, it doesn't matter if you guess it. Guess it and you get to climb the allmighty beanstalk from hell that will introduce you to the green soil of Daventry more often than you are willing to try again. Get it wrong three times and you'll get to climb the easier walkway inside the mountain. Be careful though. The mountain cave is inhabited. Keep magic rings ready. The name is either nikstlitselpmur or ifnkovhgroghprm. Both of them work.

Sluggo

Timosity: KQ IX isn't being made with the AGHAST engine. They're programming it all themselves.

Timosity

Quote from: Sluggo on Sat 07/12/2002 03:27:57Timosity: KQ IX isn't being made with the AGHAST engine. They're programming it all themselves.

Yeah, I wasn't sure I must have got confused with SQ7, that's why I said I THINK it is made with it.

but thanks for the info Sluggo

Barcik

Okay, started playing and so far it looks amazing! I see a touch of Larry and Monkey Island which does this game only good. Btw, I didn't like the first one. And that, opening cutscene! Oh my god! I find it hard to beleive one of us AGSers did it.
Are there still andy dead-ends left (the dwarf is still there)?

Matt Brown

"Well it is Sierra's responsibility to protect and uphold their game's names and reputation.
Whoever made QFG1/4 is in deep trouble. Sending a sarcastic letter is NOT good policy. Sierra could have investigators spying down his back and he would never know it. Remaining anyomous is NOT going to help save anybody from the law."

Gee..that is possible, but I really doubt it. I have emailed the old adventure department of sierra (or what's left of them. people they pay to answer emails about old games not working etc.) and I am under the impression that as long as nobdy is making a mockery of these games and selling them, they just don't care. They are too busy with half-life.
word up

Erpy

About dead-ends:

In KQ1VGA: yes. This was a literal make-over.

In KQ2+: Only one and it's unlikely you'll ever stumble across it.

And yeah, Relight did a great job with the 3D cutscene.

-

I saw your screenshots in the adventure-archiv. Great! But NetAnts doesn`t want me to download it... :O(

The RPG Creator

You guys think this game is big...wait till you see my game/demo

My AGS demo is currently 40 megs and I am only 10% done, so expect at least a 250 meg game.

I also am making a 1,000 hour game which is almost a GIG in size already for rm2k, and the average size of an rm2k game is less than 5 megs!!

I just wanted to clear up who's really setting the standards here!

PS- While I'm at it, I have 2 questions for TIERRA.

#1- Why would you remake a such a shitty game as Kq2? I thought it was the WORST game in the KQ series, hands down. And part one was the second worst. I guess we have different taste in games. I think you should have remade parts 3 and 4 instead.

#2-Haven't you ever thought about remakin Sq2? That was a fun game similiar to Kings quest. It didn't really take place in space like a lot of other space quests.

Chrille

RPG, you answered your own question there. They remade/rewrote Kings Quest 2 because it was one of the worst and needed it.

And actually most part of all SQ games take place on some planet and not in space.
GASPOP software
http://www.gaspop.com

Esseb

rpg creator:
Quote from: Erpy on Tue 03/12/2002 22:11:47There's one thing we kept in mind during the entire development (that Raggit doesn't seem to understand). If you remake something; don't duplicate the flaws of the original. KQ2 had lots of flaws. Dead end situations, places where you could fall down by taking a wrong step, no antagonist, no dialogue, illogical puzzles, randomly chosen characters and a rather thin plot. We decided to create a game that would match the quality of KQ6. If original aspects had to be removed in order to improve the final result; so be it.

Adamski

Sorry, who's setting the standards here? Tierra, or some random person who hasn't released anything yet?

Helm

WINTERKILL

LGM

The only thing I didn't like in this game was some of the art..

I hate how you cannot see the characters faces.. I guess that's how number 6 was.. But still... And sometimes,  things were blurred together and not defined

But that's a minor thing..
 I REALLY loved this game.. It brought back memories of all sorts of adventure games I've played. The castle reminded me of QFG4... I was really freaked out..

Great game!  (Another gripe... The castle path was REALLY annoying.. It was almost impossible at one point.. And the swamp area should've been better.. Instead of having to go through the whole maze again.. It should be instant both ways...)

Thanks a bunch for making this game! I LOVE YOU ALL!

amaranth

RPG guy, have you even downloaded and played the new version of the game? If not, I suggest you do before you criticize it.

It's great that you are creating a 250 mb game, but you may want to consider the end-user. Lots of people are still using dial-up and may not download your game because of the sheer size.  

And as others have mentioned, you should probably release something before trying to set a standard. Not to be sour or anything, but there are tons of people here who start games and never finish them. If you are only 10% done, who can be sure if you will ever finish?
Like RPGs? Play Ahriman's Prophecy!!
www.amaranthia.com

Sylpher

Considering Kings Quest 2 is my favorite adventure game of all time (don't ask) I figured I would give my opinion on the remake. Right off the bat I have to say the game was amazing. The time, work and dedication that went into it is to be comended to the highest level of comendability. This is easily one of the highest quality Ags games and a fine adventure game as well.

About the changes.

Overall I feel the game was changed for the better. I felt the characters and storyline was enhanced a great deal at the sacrafice of very little. Some parts I did not agree on but I think it just really comes down to how I personally saw some characters or scenes. Considering what [Daniel]? had to work with I will give it a job well done.

Graphics/Sound/So on...

Everything down to nearly every action being animated rocked. It is a good thing Tierra emphisiezed this game is in no way affiliated with Sierra cause the quality would have easily confused many. Thankfully I have broadband so I got the music pack and it is well worth it. Though honestly my favorite sound in the game is the sound when you died and the death sequence did a sorta goofy turn at the end of the 'song' I was tickled pink (For real) to hear it again and in quality sound (Pc speakers I love you but I hate you.)

Finally, I think (or at least hope) Tierra has barely scraped the surface on what they can do. I only wish I could hear the response from those on the original team for Kq2 when they play this. (And I am sure they will).

Timosity

Quote from: LGM on Mon 09/12/2002 00:07:51Great game!  (Another gripe... The castle path was REALLY annoying.. It was almost impossible at one point..

There is a way around this problem, one of the only things in the game that is identical to the original.
Spoiler
eat the sugar cube, You don't lose the item either so you can use it numerous times
[close]

The RPG Creator, anyone can make a game that is 250 megs, but people won't download it cause the size is too big, even if they have a fast connection. You need it to be high quality and have some sort of following before you release something like that. Have you got a website? you'll need one to promote a game like that, and a host that will let you have large files to download, and a fair bit of space. Then you can show people what you've done so far, with some screenshots, text about the game, downloads for small demos you may release along the way. Otherwise no one will take you seriously. You can't Just release something and hope people will like it. You need to build their suspence for something like that.

Are you going to have a 240mb movie intro or something.

I wouldn't go around bragging about how big the file size of your game is, I'm sure if most people made a remake of the remake of KQ2vga, they would have a bigger file size than the Tierra team. Keeping a game to the smallest file size possible is a skill.

I also notice you haven't replied to anyones post, why not give us something to look at, maybe some screen shots or something, just to get us interested, who knows maybe you're telling the truth???

I played The original KQ2 today, it was short and easy compared to the new version, but i had to do it just to remember the game.

Dave Gilbert

G'day,

I just wanted to jump on the Tierra worship wagon and fawn pathetically over this incredible game.  WOW.   Holy fluffernutters on TOAST.  What are you trying to do?  Make the rest of us look bad?  :)

Your work here is amazing - not only have you made a great looking and fun game, but you have managed to stay true to the original KQ spirit.

Bravo!  This game is going to kick royal butt at the next AGS awards, I am sure.

Cheers,

-Dave

Relight

And the swamp area should've been better.. Instead of having to go through the whole maze again.. It should be instant both ways...)

Yeah, not a bad idea - but you only have to go back once and it's not that long of a path.  Sierra has done worse.

Finally, I think (or at least hope) Tierra has barely scraped the surface on what they can do. I only wish I could hear the response from those on the original team for Kq2 when they play this.

I'm with you Sylpher.  Check out this thread on the Tierra forum by the way, bottom post is most pertinent, read the others if you're inclined!

Scummbuddy

Haven't had time to download the game, but knowing this game will probably clean up on the awards and hog all the glory, ;D, I think I'll wait a little longer to release my big game.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

2ma2

JEsus F Christ! Relight's back!

Oh.. and something about the game aswell I presume ;)

Seriously, this is one hell of a kickass product. HOwever, I've havn't had time to play about 15 minutes maximum, but what I've seen, I've loved. Still, it sure isn't KQ2, it stand out like a completely new game with a new story, just about the same locations.

Too bad you didn't remove the biggest of flaws, namely the walking deads ;)

Anyways, it sure is nice, and a shitload of effort into making an interesting story. Graphics aren't superb, but they're Sierra like and I presume that's the aim. However, they're hugely improved in comparision to KQ1VGA. Also, the walkanimations are a bit quirky, BUT they're quirky in the true Sierra way, which makes this very much like a Sierra product. Yay say I :)..

Havn't heard the mp3's, but the music works quite well. THe start rythms we're funky but I guess that's due to the midifiles.

It's an all in all good ol' adventure game as it was in it's pre 90's pride. I love it ALOT, and it has inspired me to work more with lowres :)

It would have been nice to see what you could accomplish with your own designs. May we expect an unique Tierra release in the future (nudge nudge)

5 thumbs up! :D

AGA

2ma2: there's only one walking dead in all the game...

Esseb

Finished it yesterday. It's simply marvellous. 10 thumbs up! :)

2ma2

There was only one walking dead in PD aswell, but it's still annoying ;) I like games that you can die in, but not walk dead (even IF the chance is less than winning the lottery).

It's a principle :)

Barcik

I have always been wondering. Why don't you guys in Tierra take a more active part in the community. I am a newb here after all, but nevertheless in the few months of being here I haven't seen you posting in the forums or chatting in the IRC channel. Why is that?

2ma2

They're usually around the tech forum, nagging Chris about odd bugs and system limits only they can encounter/be hindered by (except for qfg4,5, if I recall the ezboard days correctly :)). Otherwise, the fans keep 'em busy on their own forum. You can catch them there..

Scummbuddy

They haven't been around for
A.  They too have lives, believe it or not.
B.  They've been super busy making this super game.
C.  What makes you think they havent been on the forums and such, they are staying annonymous so they do walk amongst us...

Dooo Doo DOoo dooo
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
-Hoagie from DOTT

The RPG Creator.

Look, I'm not saying this game sucks.
I'm sure it will be awesome, espeically if they changed it from the shitty original.

But I do think their remake of part one was boring...but that's not their fault, unless they were trying to make a different game than kings quest 1.

My favorite in the whole series is Part 6 no question. Part 5 was cool, a little too hard though. Part 6 was much easier, but still a great challenge. Part 4 was great, and part 3 was pretty good. Parts 1 and 2 sucked, and I have yet to still play parts 7 & 8.

My game DOES exist, and it WILL be uploaded, rest assured. I don't want to waste time tonight arguing with you about this. I could prove my case, but like one of you mentioned, that would be better done with screenshots and a demo.

I know this game will be released for one major reason. Fate. It is fate to have the biggest record breaking games coming to the internet, from me, The RPG Creator.

Just goto any rm2k website and ask about me. I'm famous for making my 1,000 hour masterpiece demo. (already finished) The full version will take over 10,000 hours to master. Ask anyone who's played. They'll tell ya how long it is. Just one puzzle in my game will take you days to finish!

Right now my demo is almost 1 GIG in size with unbelievable statistics. Idiots won't even begin to understand how anyone could make a game so huge, but those that can think for themselves, will.

And to whoever that semi-intelligent (but not too intelligent) person was that mentioned "Making a demosize that's small is a skill", well you're right, but a easy one. I already watered my demo down to the smallest possible size, due to low hard disk space. And NO, I don't have a 250 meg AVI file in it. But my game will have over 200 maps, lots of different wav and midi files, etc.

But what I do to keep it at the smallest possible size, is I convert all the WAV files to the lowest quality and they still sound fine.
That's because in my 1 GIG demo, there are over 10,000 songs!

Now, I am also a DJ, so a lot of the songs are original, made by me. In fact, I also have the record for the fastest song ever made. And I also make the most professional and suckcore songs in the fastest amount of time. It takes me 2 minutes tops from start to finish to make a good song.

My fastest song ever is 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 BPM (beats per minute for you old farts)

Now, I also have songs that are more hardcore than that. That's so fast that it just sounds like a bunch of noise...but what you are really hearing are so many beats per minute, that there is no name of a number to calculate it. (that's why i had to write it out)

Unfortunately, some idiot deleted my website with all my music on it. So, you'll have to wait until the game is released to hear my stuff.

They just did this like an hour ago too.
My address WAS www.besonic.com/djasstissue

Maybe it will work sometime, but I am getting an error.

WARNING- Site is not for anyone under the age of 40

The RPG Creator

[edited to fix screen width, please don't do that]

Scummbuddy

the webpage seems to be down, and if it isnt too much trouble could you edit your last post and add some spaces between some of the 9's to bring the field width down.
-Hoagie from DOTT

The RPG Creator.

Sorry, about that. I had no idea it would do that.
I can't edit though because when I posted the message I was not logged in

And yea, I beleieve the worst...my site is probably history...but I still got a laugh out of it, because
what this really means is that I am too hardcore for Besonic and sites like that.

I was also banned from mp3.com

Do you think it was because I recently had my band name changed from "dj ass tissue" to "dj fucking ass tissue?"

Erpy

I checked out some RM2K-sites (for those of you who are unaware; rm2k was originally a product from a commercial company that was never released outside of Japan until someone ripped it, translated it and distributed it under the name rm2k.) and most games I found there were pretty short and small. (size was usually smaller than 3 MB with a few 10 or 20 MB exceptions) I don't know what username you're using there, but if your claim was not some sort of joke your game or demo would stand out like a diamond in the rough. I couldn't find any trace of your uber-project however. Are you sure you're not blowing things out of proportions? Your claims are so big they're hard to believe. Who would WANT to solve a puzzle that takes a day to complete?

Barcik

Have you ever heard about wasting game hours? For example, the new RPG Divine Divinity, promises over 200 hours of gameplay, and it does give you that huge amount. But, most of it is walking and walking and walking and walking. You think that just the fact that you will do a long game will give you greatness. It won't. Make a good game, and than we'll talk. And still do not beleive you.

The RPG Creator.

Erpy, my game is true (Let me clear up that my game is not a joke, but if I seem to be rude, it's all just in fun. Don't take any insults seriously. I just love to have flame wars! I'm a natural troll now, so Ban me if you please, because it'll happen eventually anyway.
On with your answers. This is all true now, no jokes.

I make my game long and challenging for those who wish to play it. (Geniuses like myself)
The very hard or nearly impossible puzzles are usually side quests, which means the player does
not have to complete it to finish the game. But, people like me, will love it!

Who enjoyed Lufia 2's 99 floor ancient cave system?
I loved it, and so I decided to put a 200 floor dungeon in my game.
It's even better than Lufia 2's I think. (for those that don't know, "lufia" is a great rpg series for snes)
It consists of a 100 floor cave and a 100 floor tower that you must complete all at once, or you don't get the
master treasure.  Also there are many innovative events in the dungeon to keep you busy. For instance, there is a original "pass system" I mmade up which requires the player to find the pass to get to the next floor. That's in the 100 floor tower. Another innovative thing in the tower, is at least one boss fight on each floor! There's also towns, npcs, and plenty of other surprises awaiting you
in this awesome rpg! (I'm still in the process of making it. That's why you could not find it anywhere)
I am ready to realease my demo, but there's a major problem...I don't have a fast conncection which makes it
impossible for me to upload the demo which is currently almost a GIG in size.

I'll posy some "features" of the game in a minute.
Now erpy, you're acting like you've never heard of rm2k...is this true?
If it is, that would explain why you don't know that it's 100% legal.
The reason being ASCII (creators of rpg maker) has not asked Don Miguel
(translator of rpg maker) to take the links down from his site. There are certain things you
cannot do, such as sell your games without the permission of ASCII, and you cannot take out their splash
logo from the beginning of your game, but you can change it. (Read help file for more info)

Anyone who doesn't know about rm2k....you're missing out.
It's definitly the easiest and most powerful game creation tool on the net.
It's not limited to RPG's either. Someone did a perfect remake of Tetris with rm2k for example.

The RPG Creator

Hey, I'm logged in now.
Sorry again for making all this so hard to read.

Anyway, here's the status of my demo for rm2k right now.
I won't give the status of my AGS game, yet....but I can say this...
it's already pushing 75 maps!

Here are my RPG MAKER 2000 features of my up coming RPG "Fantasy Quest"

nnovative and Original Features of my up and coming RPG,  (All of the stuff here is 100% true as you will see when you play the game. Pretty much everything on this list is innovative and has never been done before in history of video game making.)

"Features of Fantasy Quest"

0. The largest Rm2k game on the net. In fact, it is larger than all of them combined!! I downloaded every Rm2k game I could find, including all demos. I have over 300 rm2k games, that equal about 722 MEGS total, and that's including almost 200 megs of RTP.exe files!! So, my game is currently 821,989,654 bytes!!!! So, that tops every game on the net...COMBINED! I am truly a wonder...or maybe you guys are just idiots...read on.
1. Over 1,000 hours of gameplay time, minimum. (Average 5,000-10,000)
2. A 100 Floor INN (20% done)
3. A 100 Floor Cave (90% done)
4. A 100 Floor Tower (33% done)
5. An original CBS (1% done)
6. An original menu system (0% done)
7. Over 11,000 different Monsters to do battle with. (each with their own personality)(50% done)
8. Over 30,000 different possible monster parties to run into! (30% done)
9. Over 4,000 different chipsets will be used. (25% done)
10. Different music on just about every map.
11. Over 4,500 maps! (estimated at game finish, about 500 maps so far)
12. An average of about 50 events per map!!
13. Over 150 bosses to do battle with in just one tower!
14. Countless caves, towers, towns and awesome areas to explore.
15. Many different worlds and time zones, to travel through.
16. A complex (real life like) day-night system.
17. A game timer, so you can track how long you've been playing for.
18. Over 7,000 different music tracks in the game!! (25% done)
19. About 100 of the songs are original made by me, The RPG Creator.
20. There is different boss battle music for each boss battle!
21. Countless original maps and events made by ME..for YOU to have fun!
22. A McDonalds and other Real Life Events are all over.
23. The drug free den, hiphop hotel, and smoke shop are 3 to mention!
24. Over 5,000 different possible items to get! (10% done)
25. Over 150 Bonus side quests to complete if you wish! (15% done)
26. A lot of mini-games if you get bored with the RPG (Highly Unlikely)
27. An UNBELIEVABLE story, like you've never heard before! Beats FF4!
28. Lots of Characters from your favorite SNES games, for Nostalgia.
29. Life-Saving Info in the game!
30. A 10x900 SUPER Race map!!
31. A house of Crazed Events, with all of the bad stuff in one room!
32. A 500x500 map in the 200 floor dungeon!! (100% done)
33. Original Puzzles, made by me.
34. A jumping system. (100% done)
35. A door system, similiar to the Dragon Quest Series.
36. A Materia System similiar to that of FF7.
37. Over 2500 different Panaramas! (Cool Backgrounds)
38. Over 5,000 different Charsets! (Characters, objects, NPC's, etc.)
39. Over 3,000 different Backdrops! (battle backgrounds)
40. Over 3,000 different Animations!
41. Over 5,000 different Magic Spells!
42. A Job and Ability System! (kinda like FFV)(0% done)
43. In addition to the CBS, there is also an Adventure Battle System.(10% done)
44. A 500x500 Town!!(100% done)
45. A 900X900 Cave!!(100% done)
46. Puzzles that will boggle anyone's mind!! (10% done)
47. Lots of Spoofs and Funny Jokes.
48. Lots of Voices are dubbed in with the text, with impersonations!
49. Professional, yet extrememly long, fun, and laid-back to play.
50. There will be NO BUGS. It has been tested a lot OTIMES. Very addictive.
51. There's something in it for everyone.
52. The most challenging game ever made. Period.
53. The longest game ever made...and quite possibly the most fun.
54. Lots of Real-Life mixed with Fantasy...Perfect for anyone, almost.
55. Unbelieavble Replay value, due to different paths the game takes ETC.
56. Awesome and Original death scenes of all kinds.
57. The game features 1d, 2d, and 3d graphics!
58. Quite possibly the first game is history to do Feature #57!
59. The game also Features Real-Life like Virtual Reality Graphics!
60. Over 100 attributes and Conditions!!
61. And MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE!!!!!!!! (Way too much to list here, Jabronies)

Download your Copy of the demo for Free, today. This game will always be free, because I hate money.  (DEMO IS NOT ONLINE YET AND WILL NOT BE UNTIL I GET ACCESS TO CABLE)The demo alone is almost 1 GIG, so you must have a fast connection in order to download it. Sorry, but the longest game ever made has to be big in size. I watered it down as much as possible, because even my own hard drive is not big enough to fit the full high-quality game. What I did was convert all the WAV files into the shittiest possible quality, but that's OK, because I love suckcore anyway, and I'm sure you idiots will too.

Have fun!

(Keep in mind...this is only the demo, but it's about 25% complete with at least a thousand hours of gamplay time to master.  By the time you beat this (if you ever do)  The full version should be released.  It won't be much bigger in size, since i already imported almost everything i plan to use....unless I end up making a 100,000 hour game!!!!!!

The RPG Creator

PS- Anyone who thinks it takes more time to make an RPG than it does to play it....think again.
With the technologies available to us today,(like rpg maker) we are able to very quiclkly create very long and enjoyable games. I've shared my secret on how to do this already.

The RPG Creator

My site is back up!
Turns out, they didn't delete it, but I'M STILL TOO HARDCORE
FOR THEM!!

Here's why-

I UPLOADED 7 NEW TRACKS TODAY AND 6 OF THEM GOT "DISAPPROVED"
FOR BEING TOO HARDCORE TO MAKE THEM ANY MONEY.

Pumaman

erm... The RPG Creator, we do have a "AGS Games in Production" forum specifically designed to allow you to show off about your games in it... can we try and stay on-topic in the threads in this forum please? :)

The RPG Creator

Hahaha, I'm sorry I knew that was coming.

But I can't believe this...I'm not banned yet?
You gotta be one of the coolest moderators around to put up with me.

Scummbuddy

Well, insulting practically everyone calling them non-geniuses just because we may not want to literally walk around the globe to pick up the only pencil in new york to finish something in california is not the best idea for a game I would play may come as an insult to everyone.  Don't get all high and mighty on us.  Some of our older members have had a great deal of that in our past and we have recently just forgiven all, but we don't want to be thrown back into it.  Yea, this isnt the right place to be putting your games progress, nor asking for flame wars or to be banned.  We don't want all the negative energy here.  Calm down.  Just remember, a diamond isnt beautiful if no one wants one.  
-Hoagie from DOTT

Relight

LOL personally I believe this is BS.  Anyway, my opinion notwithstanding, is it possible a mod moves all these posts into a new thread?  Yeesh.

Adamski

Wahahaha, thanks for that RPG Creator... your 61 reasons why you are God and we are your stupid minions because i ares got teh 1gig gayme brought a smile to my face... for a moment...
Hell, i WAS going to download my free demo TODAY!(exclamation mark one one one) along with that 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 BPM track but seeing as it's not online yet, and frankly you're quite an unbalanced individual, i felt slightly cheated...

Hello? HELLO? I THOUGHT THESE FORUMS WERE OUR SANCTUARY OF SANITY IN THIS CRAZY, CRAZY WORLD! WHAT IS GOING ON AROUND HERE?!!? ANYONE?

Adamski

QuoteIn fact, I also have the record for the fastest song ever made. And I also make the most professional and suckcore songs in the fastest amount of time. It takes me 2 minutes tops from start to finish to make a good song.

Alright, sorry everyone, I take back my last post... I'll just carry on beating my head against this here wall until AGA comes along and removes everything and we can get back to the original point of this topic... :)

Scummbuddy

Was the original post "Why 1 Gig games are better than ours?" I can't remember...
-Hoagie from DOTT

AGA

Nah, I'm finding this conversation far too funny to stop it.

But let's face it, it's gone of for too long and it's definitely off topic, so let's bring it to a close, eh. If you wanna brag about your excellent game, do it in the Upcoming Games forum or in AGS Chit Chat...

Nubia4000

@Anonymous folks:

I enjoyed the game, but I feel there's not much I can add to this discussion--except a few small criticisms.

It was good, but I reall do feel that the "vampire" chapter lost the Kings Quest feel almost completely.  I liked the light, fairy-tale atmosphere of KQ2.  I think the translation lost something.

I also like quite dark games, but they each have their own place for different reasons.

Still, a great game, with some nice puzzles.  The only ones I couldn't solve on my own were the ones that involved pixel hunts and extremely dark rooms.  Those I needed help to see what was going on, even with brightness at maximum.

Have fun!

=-======
Sorry to extend this meaningless discussion, but just a few unimportant facts to add:

Quote from: The RPG Creator on Fri 13/12/2002 11:49:29nnovative and Original Features of my up and coming RPG,  (All of the stuff here is 100% true as you will see when you play the game. Pretty much everything on this list is innovative and has never been done before in history of video game making.)

All right, lets examine...

Quote1. Over 1,000 hours of gameplay time, minimum. (Average 5,000-10,000)
2. A 100 Floor INN (20% done)
3. A 100 Floor Cave (90% done)
4. A 100 Floor Tower (33% done)
None of these are innovative, merely big.

Quote5. An original CBS (1% done)
6. An original menu system (0% done)
The biggest jobs, really.
Quote7. Over 11,000 different Monsters to do battle with. (each with their own personality)(50% done)
8. Over 30,000 different possible monster parties to run into! (30% done)
9. Over 4,000 different chipsets will be used. (25% done)
10. Different music on just about every map.
11. Over 4,500 maps! (estimated at game finish, about 500 maps so far)
12. An average of about 50 events per map!!
13. Over 150 bosses to do battle with in just one tower!

Again, none of the above is innovative in itself.  Merely a numeric detail.  Plus, 10 and 12 are fairly common, requisite issues for a passable RPG.

Quote14. Countless caves, towers, towns and awesome areas to explore.
15. Many different worlds and time zones, to travel through.

Not innovative at all.  In fact, since you're using a lot of premade chipsets, this will be very similar to what has already been seen.

Quote16. A complex (real life like) day-night system.
17. A game timer, so you can track how long you've been playing for.

Neither of these are new at all.  So far, nothing you've mentioned is innovative!

Quote18. Over 7,000 different music tracks in the game!! (25% done)
19. About 100 of the songs are original made by me, The RPG Creator.
20. There is different boss battle music for each boss battle!

Apart from the large numbers, these concepts come from games as early as the first Nintendo games.

Quote21. Countless original maps and events made by ME..for YOU to have fun!
22. A McDonalds and other Real Life Events are all over.
23. The drug free den, hiphop hotel, and smoke shop are 3 to mention!

21 is a repeat, and the others have already been done in other games.

--more big numbers skipped for brevity> and are not innovative ideas at all--

Quote27. An UNBELIEVABLE story, like you've never heard before! Beats FF4!

What? Better than FF4? Wow! That's impossible!!

I mean, FF4 had such a great plot, what with crystals and bad guys, and random plot elements such as the moon thrown in at random.  Woweee.

Quote28. Lots of Characters from your favorite SNES games, for Nostalgia.

...or to prolong the game?

29-36 -- several of these have been done in games I've made, and none are original ideas.  At least two are at least credited to their sources.

-37-41 : More big numbers that aren't innovative, merely big.

42- 0% done. Lol.

44-45 - more big numbers.

Quote46. Puzzles that will boggle anyone's mind!! (10% done)
47. Lots of Spoofs and Funny Jokes.
48. Lots of Voices are dubbed in with the text, with impersonations!

Oh, be still my beating heart...

Quote49. Professional, yet extrememly long, fun, and laid-back to play.

This is not a point, it's an assumption.

Quote50. There will be NO BUGS. It has been tested a lot OTIMES. Very addictive.

Okay, this is pretty funny.  A. that there is a bug within the sentence itself, and B. That the game's tricky bits are about 0-10% done... so how could you possibly know if it has a bug?

Quote51. There's something in it for everyone.
52. The most challenging game ever made. Period.
53. The longest game ever made...and quite possibly the most fun.
54. Lots of Real-Life mixed with Fantasy...Perfect for anyone, almost.
55. Unbelieavble Replay value, due to different paths the game takes ETC.
56. Awesome and Original death scenes of all kinds.

52. Define challenging vs hard... it's easy to make a game too hard, but just the right balance is much more difficult.

The rest of the above are pretty meaningless guesses as to what the game is actually going to be like.

Quote57. The game features 1d, 2d, and 3d graphics!
58. Quite possibly the first game is history to do Feature #57!
59. The game also Features Real-Life like Virtual Reality Graphics!

Okay, since 1D graphics are impossible I can tell you're joking.  I guess it wasn't really very funny, so I didn't get it.

Quote60. Over 100 attributes and Conditions!!
61. And MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE!!!!!!!! (Way too much to list here, Jabronies)

Then how come you ran out of innovations before #0?

The RPG Creator

Nice try, but that won't work on me.
Let me tell you the REAL deifnition of innovative.

It means something that has never been introduced. Nobody has ever introduced a game of this proportion. This is what I meant when I said the stuff was innovative. Just because your definition is different, means nothing.

I never said everything on the list was innovative, either. Most of it is, though.

And no, it's not a joke. Why do people keep thinking that? Noone would waste time joking about something like this. At least I wouldn't.

There has been a patch for rm2k allowing 900x900 maps (as well as 10x900, etc)
I just wanted to clear that up to people who have used the regular don miguel version which only allows a 500x500 map (which is still HUGE)

You asked what "challenging" meant.
Well, the challenge in my game is perfect for experts and geniuses, but too hard for idiots.

Also, you are right about it being harder to make a well balanced challenge, but I am able to do that. For instance, my 200 floor dungeon is going to be balanced to make it possible. It's not THAT hard to do.

I'll give you some tips of my own on how to do this-
TIPS ON HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN 200 FLOOR DUNGEON WITH A GOOD, BALANCED, CHALLENGE.

#1-Don't put too many enemies in it. If you do, no one will ever beat it. (considering some of the large individual map sizes)

#2-Make decent programmed boss battles, puzzles, etc for added challenge in the dungeon.

#3-Make a lot of the floors very small and short, so the player can get through them quickly. The majority of the maps are small in my 200 floor dungeon, yet there are still very large maps thrown in for an added extreme, but fun challenge. (Like i said this is a side quest, which is indeed harder than the main game. Do not attempt it if you're an idiot, or you don't like a good challenge.)

#4-Plan out everything in your mind first. All professional who know what their doing, uses this technique. You "visualize" everything you plan to do first. Some people unfortunatly do not possess this talent anymore.

#5-Play through many times to test the challenge, and to test for bugs.

#6-When programming your monsters, make sure the challenge is a well balanced one.
Try to make a CBS if you can, because the DBS (original) sucks.

#7-Make your own original music and put different songs on almost every floor, so it doesn't get old.

#8- Use LOTS of different chipsets, charsets, etc. (So nothing gets old, and for variety...I love using all kinds of different cool chipsets)

#9-Make special death scenes for your monsters when you beat them.

#10-Make it interesting. No one is going to want to wander through 200 floors with nothing interesting. Make lots of interesting stuff, at every step if possible. This will keep the player busy for months. Make a good plot, good character interaction with the npc's, etc.

Now, before you can apply this "tips" you must know how to make a game as well.
It's very easy for me, but I guess that's not the case with everyone. Just don't do it, if you don't like it.

Scummbuddy

Quote from: The RPG Creator on Sat 14/12/2002 05:11:33#1-Don't put too many enemies in it. If you do, no one will ever beat it. (considering some of the large individual map sizes)

Umm, wouldnt geniuses like you and your friends be able to take on all these added enemies, and since your game is obviously not being made for the average person, go ahead and add them in.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Squinky

I think you would be taken more seriously, if you stopped saying that your game isn't a game for idiots....Your whole attitudes coming off as little goofy to me, like your just joke posting....
Also, keep in mind this is a forum for people who make games, so we kinda already know what it takes to make a game, but thanks for the tips anyway...

The RPG Creator

Like I said, having too many monsters in a dungeon of this size would be IMPOSSIBLE for anyone, including geniuses...although anything is possible.

That last statement was not a contradiction.
Anyway, did I offend someone by using the word "idiot?"

Cause I was just telling the truth. This is definitly not a game for idiots...well it is, but not to try and beat. An idiot may love to play the game just for the music, great graphics, etc. (1d graphics are completely possible. What do you think most NES games were?)
Snes was 2D and PSX was 3D.

I have everything in my game, from NES like graphics and chipsets, to real life 16 million color graphics. Most people are brainwashed into thinking 16 million colors is a lot better quality than 256, but that's not true. I just thought I'd clear that up for you people who can't appreciate 256 color real life graphics, which I also use in my game.

By the way, my site works great now, (I guess the whole besonic site was having problems that day) and even though they rejected a lot of my songs, they still keep them on my page for a week before they delete them, so since I just uploaded the FASTEST song ever made recently, you can still find it there. And it's a lot faster than it says in my post.

Chris Jones edited that and made it false to save bandwitdth or something. You can find the REAL speed of my song on my page. It's so long that it goes off the page, so scroll over.

www.besonic.com/djasstissue

Scummbuddy

And this has to do with Kings Quest how?
-Hoagie from DOTT

The RPG Creator

Stop wasting bandwidth with pointless posts, Scummboddy.

Relight

No one wants to play a stupid 1 gig game, or cares that you make a bit of noise with the fastest BPM ever.  #s do not make you cool or better or anything.

Well, don't let this toilet paper trance fill this thread anymore AGA.  Honestly, get rid of it.  These posts are a disgrace to this thread.

The RPG Creator

Hahahah,

People who can't take jokes are funny.
Well, I'm sure erpy can take a joke.
So, really it should be erpy's decision weather or not the posts get deleted.

So, how'd you like my music?
And who says high numbers make ya cool?

Timosity

Sorry to keep this crap going but if RPG person is making this particular game in AGS I can't see how it is possible, with the latest version only capable of having 6000 sprites, I can't see how it is possible to have over 11,000 animated monsters, with only  300 views available.

That's just one issue that makes it impossible, and if it is not being made in AGS what is the point of posting it in the AGS forum.

cornjob

This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. My god, my eyes teared up with laughter. If it does get deleted, somebody needs to save this thread and archive it. Look, I even added a quote to my signature!

I know it sucks that the KQ2 thread has gotten so off-track, but hey, they have their own whole forums, so no big loss.

Here's my favorite quotes:
"Puzzles that will boggle anyone's mind!! (10% done)"
"Over 11,000 different Monsters to do battle with. (each with their own personality)"
" There will be NO BUGS. It has been tested a lot OTIMES."
"I watered it down as much as possible, because even my own hard drive is not big enough to fit the full high-quality game."
"1d graphics are completely possible. What do you think most NES games were?"
"Do you think it was because I recently had my band name changed from "dj ass tissue" to "dj fucking ass tissue?"

This is HILARIOUS. I love it! Ordinarily, I would be the first to suspect that these posts are a joke by someone in the community, but (no offense) I don't think any of the regulars are this funny!

The RPG Creator

Ah! That's great...there's even signatures with my name in it!

But seriously, I was joking about each monster having its own personality. A lot of them do, but not all 11,000 (there are really that many monsters in the game already..I have screenshots to prove it) But that was the only joke I made, just about. There may have been a couple others...I don't like to be serious all the time.

You might be asking yourself...."how does this guy have over 11,000 different screenshots?"

Well, what it is, is one screenshot of my monsters directory. I've already imported all the monster I plan to use. And no, this isn't an AGS game. This is for rm2k which is much bigger, but easier to use.

My AGS game will not have nearly this amount of stuff in it, since it's a solid adventure game.
The game would take a lot longer than 10,000 hours to finish if it did.

Hahaha, I can't believe this thread has not been deleted yet. What's wrong with these moderators here?

The RPG Creator

Well actually compared to the way I've acted on other boards, I've been an angel here.

Barcik

Ok, that's getting out of proportions. Moderators, ban him, lock the thread, format your c: drive, do whatever is needed.

The RPG Creator

Why don't you format yours? AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

I dont use C drive anyway.
I use the Y:\ drive

idiot

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk