Bob Goes Home Deluxe! - finally released

Started by mozza, Tue 16/05/2006 11:57:32

Previous topic - Next topic

mozza

It may still be slightly "buggy" or appear unpolished in some places, but this is as good as I believe I can get it. I have found myself struck down by large burdens in my schoolwork, which is not getting any easier as I approach senior high school.

mozza productions corp. presents:

Bob Goes Home Deluxe

Game's Page

Just like the original, but better!
You are Bob.
Your main mission in life is to vandalise a school for some reason. Only problem is... you'll have to play to find out!

I hope you enjoy this as it is my first, best, and most likely last AGS game.

Bleckman1974

i Thought you had to post a Screenshot?
Narcolepsy (BACK IN PRODUCTION)
Story (50%)
Graphics (5%)
Puzzles(20%)
Programming(15%)

Still Reading Commercial Emails For Free?
Receive Emails On Topics That Interests You
And Get Paid For It! Get $10 Just to signup!
http://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?bleckman1974

Venus

Quote from: DrSnark on Tue 16/05/2006 13:18:16
i Thought you had to post a Screenshot?

He did (3 actually), but they are not showing, because Geocities sucks  ;).

Anyway, I'm downloading right now. I'll edit this post later with some comments.

EDIT:
I played for about half an hour, but now I'm stuck. It's really nice so far. The graphics are very well done and I love all the various key hiding places. There are a lot of "That doesn't work"s and the walk-behind in the classroom (I think the Maths classroom) isn't working correctly (he walks on the teacher's desk). Also the music doesn't work for me at all.
But apart from that, it's very well done and fun to play. I'll definitely finish it tomorrow. I'm just too tired now.
Why is this your "most likely last AGS game"?  :'(

Bleckman1974

Story (50%)
Graphics (5%)
Puzzles(20%)
Programming(15%)

peter

When  you quit the game the computer hangs

maaark

3 things;

first off, nice that has been released.

Secondly, why am I not being credited on the games page... and the betatesters are...?

And finally, why is the music in the school not the full song and only the flute from the beginning? The same goes for the ending credits. It could just be my computer but don't think so.
Also, the "outside"-music continues when you're back at your house.

Despite this, thank you for letting me compose music for a game for the first time.

Krysis

Man, I allmost forgot I worked on that. I hope people like it.

Rosie

Data exceeded page comes up, so I guess this can't be downloaded.

maaark

The mirror's working.
Also if mozza contacts me I can upload it for another mirror.

Bleckman1974

Yeah Its a Cool game
It took me longer to Download it than to Play it, LOL

you have to find a better host, it was a 3 meg file and took me 30 minutes to download LOL
Story (50%)
Graphics (5%)
Puzzles(20%)
Programming(15%)

maaark

Did the music in the school work alright for you or did the first few seconds just loop?

Bleckman1974

I think there was a little mosic at first then it stopped
I thoght i heard some music.  i wasn't going nuts!
so to put a long story short...

the music didn't work Sorry
Story (50%)
Graphics (5%)
Puzzles(20%)
Programming(15%)

Khris

Quote from: DrSnark on Tue 16/05/2006 13:18:16i Thought you had to post a Screenshot?
Screenshots are required only in the Games in Production-forum.
I'll play this a soon as I get home.
Maybe someone'll have uploaded it to a faster mirror by then? ;)

AlbinoPanther

YAY this is so good ! Well done mozza I hope that this is not your last AGS game  ;) .

Everybody should play Bob goes home ( the original game ) first  ;)

Nice work mozza, krysis and sportyjay !

mozza

I'm sorry if there are some things missing in the credits, but I did not have a lot of time as it was late at night when I uploaded it. My computer crashed as I was saving some last changes (such as credits changes) but I didn't have time to check if they were there before I uploaded.
All the credits are on the game's page still.

The music may have some problems because it is my first time putting music into a game. ;)

If anyone wants they can upload it to a faster mirror, then PM me with the details so I can fix it up.

Thanks for the support guys, now let me see if I can gather a bit of spare time over the next few weeks to fix up any obvious errors. ;) It's such a great feeling to have it finally released though.

Bye for now.

maaark

Thank you!
Looking forward to version 1.1  ;)

splat44

mozza,

For the first game is good.

I just completed.

Great job.

CosmoQueen

Cute game! I hope it's not really your last! ;D
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Ubel

Okay, I've been playing this a bit and here are some comments, negative and positive.

I haven't finished the game yet but this far all it has been is pretty much this: get key -> open locked door. It's just full of "get inventory -> use inventory -> get points -> get new inventory -> ..." kind of puzzles. So I really suggest you to think more about your puzzles in the games you'll hopefully make in the future. :)

I quite liked the visual side of this game. The graphics, in all their simplicity (is that even a word? :P), looked very appealing to me. There didn't seem to be very much music in this game, but I liked the few songs that were playing in the background.

The idea of this game's story is funny. Heh, I even know some people who are similiar to Bob, they just need to vandalise everything without any particular reason. A cool idea to make a game of. :D

This is a good game for your first one, but in my opinion you just need to think through your puzzle designing a bit more. Because puzzles are probably the most important part of adventure game design. Congratulations on finishing this project though! Finishing a game is a reason enough to be proud of it! :)

calacver

I liked it and for the most part agree with Pablo. The graphics is really nice!

maaark

Anybody interested in the music how it's supposed to sound, (although it's okay in the game, except for the school and when you get back home... at least on my PC...), you can find it here: http://members.lycos.nl/maaark/BobGoesHomeDeluxe/

Rosie

ok downloaded

Sythe

Nice graphics.

Puzzels were very easy. Game was short. To few characters to get to know and interact with.

I finnished it in about 5 - 10 minutes. I got every single puzzle first time =\

Still a good attempt but definately need to work on the difficulty and range of your puzzles.

Storyline seemed more or less quite similar to 5 days as well =\

Its not bad but it could be better! Keep up the good work...
I look forward to seeing your future releases!

Play_Pretend

It was short and fun, and I liked the cartoony graphics (the janitor reminded me of the Goons from Popeye!  Cool! :)...just wanted to point out a few bugs/missed things...

For some reason, when leaving the Biology classroom, interacting with the door makes you automatically jump to the hall, when in every other room you walk to the door first.

Also, sorry, no idea how to post "hint" text, so I'll be vague as possible:

When Jan Itor no longer has something, his speech view jumps back to him still having it.  Also, he never changes his dialogue to reflect it, either.

Otherwise, it was good, can't wait to see future ones!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk