Colxfile

Original GiP Thread:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=22351.0

Secret Quest - Remake.
Based on the Original game for the Atari 2600 console by Axlon MCMLXXXIX

Click the screenshots for the bigger versions

Quote from: Secret Quest Manual
"SAVE THE HUMAN RACE!

"First there was one alien space station, then there were three. Now there are eight. If left unchecked, laser gates, dragons, and other evil creatures will wipe out the human race.

"To destroy each station, you'll have to confront the aliens in face- to-face combat and discover the secret destruct code. Once you have the code, use it to activate the station's self-destruction mechanism. Then the race begins. Can you get to the teleport-room before the station explodes into the vacuum of space?

"Are you ready? Remember, you'll need precision battle skills, a keen sense of direction, speed, and pure guts to save the human race."

Secret Quest Manual - 1989.

With 900 rooms crammed into one room file, 30 characters and over 2000 lines in the Global Script, experience real-time combat - or real-time fleeing if you think that'll be better - as you navigate 3-D labyrinths to destroy the eight alien stations in this AGS remake of the 1989 Atari 2600 console game.

*50% MORE rooms that the original!
*Zelda-style combat!
*Fight to avoid dying of asphyxiation!
*Custom save feature!
*Entirely keyboard-driven!
*Witty manual!
*Unnecessary use of the exclamation mark!
All this and more for less than one megabyte!

Look at what all these famous people are saying about this game:
Quote from: Oscar WildeSecret Quest: it's great!
Quote from: John CleeseMy life is immeasurably better [since I played this game]
Quote from: Professor FrinkI have calculated the inverse square of this game's fun coefficient to 80 decimal places and determined that this game is very interesting.
Quote from: George W. BushGet off mah front lawn!
Quote from: NeoThere is no spoon.
Quote from: ???I don't give a damn about your stupid game; gimme your wallet or I'll knife you.
Download today! No money down and no monthly repayments! Less than 1MB!

Stuck? Going round in circles? Not managed to find the sword yet? Don't know what the Xtra does? Head on over to the Official Hint Thread for this game.
All hints charged at $0.00 per hint. Helpfulness is not guaranteed. Requesting hints in threads other than the specified thread may lead to you being made fun of. You home may be reposessed if you do not keep up repayments on any loan associated with hints received. No refunds.

But wait! There's More!
Secret Quest Map Maker
(Work in Progress)[/i]

I should say "Background courtesy of DemoQuest III" But that would imply I asked for permission to use it. The next version of the map maker won't have that bg.

You can grab for yourself a nice program that will allow you to create your very own four-level maze and play it through!

Share maps with your friends! (Assuming they'd like this sort of thing)

NOTE: The map maker isn't completely finished yet. A GiP thread may be started at some point to work on it. In the meantime, any map you generate should work, but the interface may be a little troublesome. Download now, and get an MS Word manual for the map maker absolutely FREEEEEEE! (No money required)
Always carry a UV marker pen with you. When you go to a shop or a friend's house, if you see something you like, put your name and postcode on it. If it gets stolen and subsequently recovered, the police will get in touch with you so that they can 'return' it.

Fabiano

...I cant dwl. "we encontered a error"
:-\
Yeah, yeah, It happens. A lot.

Ashen

The links on the download page are wrong, it says:
Code: ags
http://www.geocities.com/colxfile/Pages/..\Stuff\SecretQuest.zip

Where it should be:
http://www.geocities.com/colxfile/Stuff/SecretQuest.zip
And the same for the map maker.

Not had much of a play yet, but it's definately interesting.
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

R4L

Great game! Never played the original, but awesome nonetheless!

You should enter the coding compitition before it closes and show everyone your Zelda-like code. Ã, ;D

Please? Ã, ::)

Colxfile

How odd. I admit I used the relative path to link to the files from the page... but it worked when I tested them.

Anyway, have switched to using 'definite' path to link to them.

Edit: Release the code for the coding comp? Hmm.... Naaaaaah  :P
Always carry a UV marker pen with you. When you go to a shop or a friend's house, if you see something you like, put your name and postcode on it. If it gets stolen and subsequently recovered, the police will get in touch with you so that they can 'return' it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk