MODULE: AreaScaling v1.2

Started by tiagocorreia, Wed 24/05/2006 11:54:26

Previous topic - Next topic

tiagocorreia

I've developed a module based on SteveMcCrea's RegionScale module.

This module allows the characters to have continuous scaling, but in any direction. Currently AGS only supports the vertical direction and this module adds this functionality to any direction.

The main difference between this module and the RegionScale module is that it uses Walkable areas instead of Regions.

In version 1.2, you can now specify a multiplier for the characters so they can have different sizes in the areas. If you add the same character, it only changes its multiplier.

10-July-2006: New version!
Download AreaScaling module v1.2

26-June-2006: New version

Many thanks to Steve McCrea for the original idea.

jasonjkay

So what exactly does this module do? Anyway I'll just add it to my site later on. The site is in the sig.
http://www.americangirlscouts.org/agsresources/ - Mods, plugins and templates.

Kweepa

Nice job!
Using the walkable areas makes a lot more sense.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

tiagocorreia

New version available.
I've changed it to static, since it doesn't use any of the object oriented paradigm.
the struct is just a way to combine functions.

I've also fixed a small bug, that made the character to have a different size for a small fraction of time, when chaging rooms.

monkey0506

This sounds very useful. The computer I'm on ATM doesn't have AGS, but I'll definitely take a look at this when I get a chance.

Samwise

Please see my question here:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=27362.0

Is it possible to solve this issue by using this module?

tiagocorreia

Yes, this module can do what you want.

but it needs some changes. Since this module can resize characters, but they all resize the same size. Maybe waht you need in a non staic object, add on enter each room, you should assing differednt scaling foreach character.

GarageGothic

Why not just add a struct with scaling multipliers for each character? If the main character is 400 pixels tall, a 300 pixel character would then have the multiplier 1.33 to be the same height at the same scaling area. That way you wouldn't need room specific variables. Of course this only saves work if the NPCs move between a number of rooms.

subspark

Which is highly likely for my game.

Could you possibly update your AreaScaling Module, tiagocorreia, to include this functionality? It's a fantastic tool and deserves every bit of attention. This way we can all benefit from a Generic Scaling Module that does practically everything we have ever needed.

Gilbert

Actually I had already made a module in that other thread Samwise mentioned (it does only individual character scaling but not arbitrary direction scaling though), guess few people paid attention to that. :P

monsterbuzz786

Where has this module gone?  Does anyone have it still that could upload it? Thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk