Cancer(?)

Started by Andail, Mon 29/05/2006 11:55:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Paper Carnival

I personally never lost anyone to cancer, but I suspect that a friend of mine has it. Her hair started falling, she has some really painful headaches and other nasty effects. I don't really know if that's signs for cancer, but it still is very serious. Hopefully it's something treatable, but we'll know later

Hearing about stuff like this makes me paranoid and afraid that in a few years I'll get cancer too, though nobody in my family had it (yet).

As for food, I heard that cold meat products are known to cause cancer.

My condolences to everyone too.

Las Naranjas

Well, take heart in that hair loss is only associated with cancer because it's a side effect of chemotherapy rather than a symptom.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

voh

My dad had cancer, but he's been clean ever since the tumors were surgically removed. My neice has hodgkin, but is clean at the moment. My grandfather had colon cancer, but eventually died of pneumonia. Though if thepneumonia hadn't gotten him, the cancer would've.

Cancer is all around, and it sucks. When I was 16, a couple of birthmarks/moles were removed from my back. Weren't the first to be removed, but they were the first that were cancerous. Thankfully, they weren't malignant, but ever since I've been quite conscious about the matter. I've done research into skin cancer and how moles can deteriorate and eventually cause it.

There's a couple of moles I need to get removed and checked out, but I'm scared of what the result will be... Though I know that's a very crappy reason, it's valid enough for me  :-\
Still here.

maaark

My grandfather is currently suffering from lungcancer and will be gone in a few months  :'(

Huw Dawson

I have a sister that had brain cancer a few years back. Through sheer luck they caught it before it got serious. She's been clear for six years. The thing is, cancer is caused by mutated genes in cells, ergo until somebody develops a way to cure genetic diseases, cancer is a huge risk. Maybe in the near future, when you go to a doctors, they'll do individual cancer scans...  :-\

For cancer, all you can do is hope. And that generally does sod all in the end.
- Huw
Post created from the twisted mind of Huw Dawson.
Not suitible for under-3's due to small parts.
Contents may vary.

Nacho

Well, I agree that there is a high percentage of cases where nothing can be done to cure/or prevent cancer... But I think we should send an optimistic message, some attitudes can help.

50% of smokers will develop cancer if the go on smoking. 50%. Not 15, or a high 25%, one of four... I am saying that if you have 2 frieds who smoke, one will develop throath/lung/mouth/tongue cancer.

That means that if you have two married mates, and they both smoke, it is very likely that one of them will have to bury the other.

So, smoker AGSers... make an attempt to give up the smoke... make it for the old Farlander... It's not cool, it makes your clothes stink, your breath, it makes your skin look older, it is expensive, and it kills...  :)
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Pumaman

Sorry to hear about this Andail, but at least your girlfriend has you to be with her at such a difficult time.

It's especially sad when these sorts of things happen to people who're still otherwise fit and relatively young. You always expect grandparents to die of something sooner or later, but you don't tend to expect it to be parents or friends so early in life.

Rincewind

Oddly enough, I just got to know yesterday that my old teacher from 4th/5th/6th grade has been diagnosed with cancer and she's not going to make it... She didn't get the chemotherapy soon enough, and she's basically just waiting to die right now.
She's barely in her 50's and has a daughter who's just 17, so I can't imagine how horrible it must be, both for her and her whole family...Ã, 
Also, she's a good friend of my mother and one of the best teachers I've ever had. Even to this day I'm still extremely fond of her, even though the last time I really met and talked to her was almost six years ago...
Right now it just feels awful to know that this will be her very last summer. It feels... Unreal.Ã, 

So I understand completely how you feel. It just feels so wrong. It shouldn't happen.
And yet it does. My deepest sympathies.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk