Monkey

Started by tommyc, Tue 20/06/2006 17:00:51

Previous topic - Next topic

tommyc

a short game about the monkey king from journey to the west gathering materials to build a boat I started it about 2 years ago for a a-level project that got cancelled so being bored and having lots of free time I finished the game.
I made it in high resolution 800x600

Torrent Link
http://www.deadfrog.us/index.php?act=entry&id=6446

Direct download
http://americangirlscouts.org/agsuploads/tommyc/monkeyags.zip

Phemar

PLEASE upload it somewhere, but for the love of GOD don't make me a download a torrent!

ildu

A torrent that has 0 seeders/leechers.

Khris

Gilbert

* Gilbot V7000a never used Mit Morrent and never will...

tommyc

the torrent does not seem to be working anyway ive tryed to upload it to freewebs.com but i got to wait 7 days in order to uplaod large files (it only told me after it uploaded it)

Khris

freewebs, hehe.

Use rapidshare, just click on "Durchsuchen..." (=Browse), select the file, then hit "Upload!".
After the upload has finished, post the download link which will appear at the bottom of the page.

miryoku_81

I've found some bugs:

- the game crashes to the desktop when I start a new game unless I play it in a window
- unable to save over existing save games
- can only load the most recently saved game (cannot load older saves)

This isn't really a bug but hotspots to leave screens are very hard to find (especially if I have to play in a window so the game doesn't crash).

Overall, a nice short game.

piperhcombs

Cool. I like the Journey to the West story, and I've read/watched several different versions of it, in English and Chinese. I'm going to give this a try, but I think it'll be good.
:cheers: + :claps:

Temperance&Booth  Sydney&Vaughn  Nadia&Weiss

Gilbert

Tried running it a bit, looks good so far.
:D
I know it's not Critics Loundge here but I'd like to make some small comments (don't mean you really need to change them, but you may take them into account if you make another game).
1. You mispelled Chris' name in "about" of the option menu. :=
2. Since the prolog texts were arranged vertically it's recommended that they're read (and displayed) from the right to the left, it should make them more natural and readible (even though when they're "English").

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk