Magic Ball of Fortune

Started by RedBlob, Fri 23/06/2006 21:48:54

Previous topic - Next topic

RedBlob

About Magic Ball of Fortune:

Remember the good old Magic 8 ball? Here's a 3D AGS version, with over 100 different, randomized responses to all your burning questions. You can also find it in the AGS non-adventure game section.

Screen Shot:

Download from this site:

http://plasticostrichgames.atspace.com

Mirror:

http://hosted.filefront.com/plasticostrich/

Select the file "magicballoffortune.zip"

MashPotato

*heehee* good job... now I have a reliable place to consult for all my career advice ^_^

"Will I find a job within a month?"
First try: It will not come to pass
2nd: You should not wish it so
and then... 3rd: If you play your cards right
I think my badgering changed the magic ball's mind ;D

pslim

This is adorable. I love the paisley background, and the "dialogue" is totally atmospheric. Neat!  :D

Nana

I don't know how to ask questions. HELP PLEASE!

Kweepa

Just start typing. It doesn't show up on screen, but it's keeping track of your question.
I think there's a thread in the Hints and Tips forum if you need more help.

[EDIT] Ah, you have to click on the ball with the eye cursor.

Nice app!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

TheCheese33

Wow. It's awesome how you have so many responses! One question, though; is it random, or does it run through the same order every time you start it up?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
need...More...WOUND!

RedBlob

Cheese: It's random, so it should give you different responses each time you start up. There's roughly 20-30 possible answers for each question type.

Nana: To ask a question, just use the eye icon (your mouse cursor) over the ball. At the bottom of your screen will be some question type options to select from. Select the choice from the list, and the rest is automatic.

I thought about possibly using a textbox...maybe it would have been a good addition. Ah, next time.

Thanks for the great feedback everybody!

aunt berna

not happy with its responses....has no confidence....said I would never lose weight.

raimo

what do you mean by "it's random"??! doesn't it really know the answers to my questions?!?!?!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk