Trilby's Notes

Started by , Mon 26/06/2006 00:40:28

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychicHeart

I suggest we start a thousand man chant of "come back yahtzee, we forgive you, honest!!", videotape it, and send it to him.
I long for the day.
On topic, really interesting.
The graphics are beautiful, and it has a 7DAS feel about it.
Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

[Cameron]

Quote from: Flukeblake on Thu 29/06/2006 07:09:30
...it has a 7DAS feel about it.
I didn't think it did. 7DAS was kind of lacking in atmospheric content (perhaps because it was in space!!11!1! HAR!) which made it a bit of a weak game. This one I think succesfully recaptured the 5DAS atmosphere. Although I was unsure about this new evil dude. I kinda liked it better when it was just DeFoe.

Mordalles

the new evil dude is the coolest thing in the game.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

HeirOfNorton

I can think of no better compliment than to say this: I played it once, eventually beating it. The next day I played it a second time, just for the atmosphere and mood.

Great game

HoN

Hammerite

just started it and i think that it will make 7DAS seem less of an 'OMG!!11! 5DAS IN SPACE!!11!OMG LOL WTF' and more realistic due to the explanation of how it got there.
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

Leonard LePage

Is there any way to acquire the soundtrack to this game? I absolutely loved the score. Does anyone know if Yahtzee is planning to sell it on his website as other games have done?

Additionally, I absolutely loved the game. I seem to be among the minority, but I actually liked 7 Days a Skeptic for than 5 Days a Stranger. I liked Trilby's Notes more than either of them. I guess I'm just a sucker for cheap, suspenseful thrills.

Also, what happened to the hotel staff? Are we just supposed to assume that they all fell victim to the Tall Man?

Babar

m0ds (the creator of this thread) made the music. It is indeed awesome, as his music always is...
* Babar  looks at his signature
I dunno if Yahtzee would allow it, but you could probably ask if you can get it.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Greyarea

Great game, thought I was brave enough but playing it at night with no one but me awake wasn't such a good Idea. I've never been a fan of pharser based games or horror games for that matter but Notes was just briliant! I've downloaded the other games in the series because of it. Yathzee's games have something a lot of games nowadays, with all their fancy graphics, dont have -atmosphere and good intelligent writting! Can't wait for the next game.

m0ds

Leonard LePage, it's kind of you to ask! It's nice to know you liked the music :) I had major doubts about it working in the game but it seems to have done more than the job... Thanks for the kind words, and for your assistance Babar!! ATZ is a very awesome game & the soundtrack is cute!

The soundtrack for Trilby's Notes will be released very soon! Yahtzee plans to make a special edition which features the score (& omitted tunes), and I'm working on a web-page of my music which will be online very soon.

Thanks again!

:)

sergiocornaga

Quote from: Leonard LePage on Sat 01/07/2006 20:53:52Also, what happened to the hotel staff? Are we just supposed to assume that they all fell victim to the Tall Man?

That's what happened. I think that's stated at the end at some point.

Hammerite

yahtzee says there'll be at least one more game for total closure.
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

BunnyMilk

I figured I should register to say just how awesome this game really is. I think 7 days is probably my favourite but Notes is coming in very closely behind. Definitely the most well written of the three and I'm really looking forward to a fourth game if it comes round.

There was a scene at the beginning which scared the shit out of me (I think you all know which one I'm talking about) and m0ds...Top notch with the music! It was really atmospheric. I know what it's like to doubt whether you're music is really working but you pulled it off nicely so well done.

Great game though, for anyone who hasn't tried it yet I really suggest you stop reading this post and go play it now.
Love x

Leonard LePage

Quote from: m0ds on Sun 02/07/2006 00:27:55
Leonard LePage, it's kind of you to ask! It's nice to know you liked the music :) I had major doubts about it working in the game but it seems to have done more than the job... Thanks for the kind words, and for your assistance Babar!! ATZ is a very awesome game & the soundtrack is cute!

The soundtrack for Trilby's Notes will be released very soon! Yahtzee plans to make a special edition which features the score (& omitted tunes), and I'm working on a web-page of my music which will be online very soon.

Thanks again!

:)

That's great news! The music adds so much atmosphere to the game. I have to admit, I've watched the opening sequence (as well as the end credits) a couple times just because I liked the music so much. That may sound like an exaggeration, but it's not.

Anyhow, I hope this partnership between you and Yahtzee isn't a limited engagement. Here's to hoping you two collaborate on many games to come!

DeviantGent

Tis a collaboration (I have noticed) that stems back a few years.

*fondly recalls Rob Blanc theme*
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

superspanna

Does anybody have a saved game they would be able to email me? I got quite far into the game but my computer crashed (see my post on page 2) and I don't have time to replay  :(

BunnyMilk

superspanna that happened to me. Once you know what you are supposed to be doing though the game is really short. I got from beginning to Harpsichord scene in under 10 minutes because I knew everything I needed to do so don't worry about replaying it, it's fast.
Love x

m0ds

Thanks guys!! Well the small soundtrack is in a RAR file now :) More in the special edition. notes_score.rar

Regarding Rob Blanc, listen to track 9!

I hope we collaborate further too, this one was exceptionally fun to write for! :)

Thanks again, and look out for the special edition he's releasing soon!

Damien

A first AGS game I played in a long time and it is pretty amazing.
Great story, dialogs, music, and graphics + the parser worked really well. I was impressed to see the commands like:
Spoiler
"point at the knife" or "slide the painting under the door" work.
[close]

DoorKnobHandle

Quote from: SergioCornaga on Thu 29/06/2006 05:36:43
Quote from: dkh on Tue 27/06/2006 01:39:41
You know, looking back at it...

Spoiler
...the most scariest thing was when randomly trilby would become that 5das-person with mask, apron and knife. I didn't really look at first, and then came the shock...
[close]

Huh? I totally missed that part. Can you elaborate?

Answer:
Spoiler

Well, you know how Trilby looked like in that one nightmare in "5 Days A Stranger" with the apron, the welding mask and the knife? In one part of "Trilby's Notes", Trilby suddenly turned into looking the same for a few seconds randomly. It seemed as random as the times when you enter that room with the two lights on or the room on the spaceship from "7 Days A Skeptic". And that change was really easy to overlook as well, I just kinda noticed it with one eye and then looked again... SHOCK!!!111!
[close]

Hope that makes it clear what I meant! If you didn't see it, play it again and look out for it. :)

BunnyMilk

I don't know if it WAS random. I got it at the exact same place both playthroughs. For me it occured when I was coming from the dining room back into the hallway between the dining room and the lobby. (Where the door to the bar is) ... Both playthroughs this happened to me at this point.
Love x

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk