MAYAK: lost way game about true polish life: Radio Maryja, Kaczyński, PiS

Started by , Mon 26/06/2006 20:41:48

Previous topic - Next topic

skw

a.k.a. johnnyspade

InCreator

What I did mean about graphics was that if he drew something with black cartoony outlines, he'd better stick to them on backgrounds also. Or find some other way of achieving harmony between styles.

The theme sounds interesting to maybe polish people only, yes, because it absolutely fails to introduce/explain it to outsiders.

If I'm ever gonna make a game about Estonian history (I actually dreamed about making historical one, about crusades of 13th century here), I'll give my absolute best to make the theme interesting and educational. I even imagine that this cannot be done without long intro sequence with Eastern-European map showing how Teutonic Order progressed in occupying the Baltics and long texts to tell the tale.

Ace Quest? No. The pioneer AGS games lacked quality yes, but they were simply better games. Recently, new games just fail to do that. Last as awful first-game-attempt I remember was game named Framed, by zooomer1990. The graphics was at same amateur level, the music and puzzles were as random. The text... well, it was even worse. But the game! I loved it. Simply because hard trying was seen everywhere and atmosphere thing was only thing that worked at maximum. Atmosphere. That did whole trick. So, common thinking that without superb storywriting, art and sound -- a good game is impossible to make -- is purely wrong.

TS

Thanks for all who played our game. Now I know that it is vevy bad adventure game, especialy for non Polen - maybe in future we will make better product .
I and my two friend started make it 5-6 years ago (in other software for game making) but we didnt finish it than. Now, in last time, when I knew AGS and found a little free time Idecided and finished this game (with some changes - curent political context.
Thank you for many posts

Obi

I'm sure my Dad lost his keys in warsaw once, luckily he found them. But it wasn't very adventure gamery, as for this game. It's... interresting.

vict0r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk