Suggestions for competitions and activities

Started by Andail, Thu 29/06/2006 11:48:00

Previous topic - Next topic

selmiak

a music workshop or rather an artistic workshop? I'd be interested in both and hopefully get some stuff done!

[delete}

A 'What's in my bag'-SPRITE JAM, be it drawn real or fictional stuff, might turn out interesting.

DBoyWheeler

Aside from the main Fortnightly Writing Competition...

When October rolls around, and the Halloween mood is in, maybe do a sort of "AGS-themed creepypasta writing contest."

Danvzare

Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Tue 06/03/2018 22:49:30

When October rolls around, and the Halloween mood is in, maybe do a sort of "AGS-themed creepypasta writing contest."
+1
This sounds like a brilliant idea. I would definitely participate. (nod)

Stupot

Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Tue 06/03/2018 22:49:30

I like it. I've often thought that next time I win the FWC I would choose “invent your own urban legend” as the next theme. Unfortunately I don't enter FWC much these days, so your idea is better.

DBoyWheeler

Thanks... the creepypasta could be about an AGS game that gets, well, spooky on the player.

Even those that are not horror genre get all spoopy and do weird stuff.  Could be all just within the game, or may even include a portion where it spills out in the real world (for instance, giving that player nightmares long after, or maybe his body freezes up--except for his head and arms--and he MUST beat the game in order to escape the grasp... stuff like that).

Danvzare

Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Thu 26/04/2018 02:30:21
Thanks... the creepypasta could be about an AGS game that gets, well, spooky on the player.

Even those that are not horror genre get all spoopy and do weird stuff.  Could be all just within the game, or may even include a portion where it spills out in the real world (for instance, giving that player nightmares long after, or maybe his body freezes up--except for his head and arms--and he MUST beat the game in order to escape the grasp... stuff like that).
Well, I know what I'm going to steal for my creepypasta.
I'm kidding, of course. (laugh)

DBoyWheeler

So for the creepypasta contest, maybe whoever starts it picks out one of the games in the AGS library (preferably one with a good rating) for the "theme".

Danvzare

Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Thu 26/04/2018 13:57:30
So for the creepypasta contest, maybe whoever starts it picks out one of the games in the AGS library (preferably one with a good rating) for the "theme".
Wouldn't one with a bad rating be easier to make a creepypasta out of though?

Fred Five

Are we gonna have a new Background Blitz anytime soon?(nod)

Bulbapuck

Quote from: cat on Tue 30/05/2017 10:24:43
Quote from: dactylopus on Tue 30/05/2017 01:00:15
Lastly, I'd love to see OROW come back.  Maybe some time this summer would be good?

I second that, July would be perfect for me :)

Very late, but I really want the OROW competition to stay alive as well. I could host one next summer maybe? Or someone else if they feel inclined. I really enjoyed hosting OROW 9 and wouldn't at all mind doing it again. I think it has to be summer though which makes my timing for coming back to these parts of the internet pretty bad. :=

BTW: Is OROW 9 the latest one? That was 3 years ago now :shocked: Time flies.

cat

I don't see a reason why it has to be in summer. Why wait a whole year when we can do one in autumn as well? Besides, when the weather starts to get worse, people are maybe more likely to spend a week in front of their computer instead of the pool or beach.

TheFrighter

I'd like to start a competition for "box art cover" of not commercial AGS games, MAGS or fan game properly. The idea is to pick a very short one playable in few minutes and draw a cover and eventually the box.
It could need the author's permission? Many of them are not active from years.

_

Cassiebsg

I don't think you actually need permission to do fan art. I think most people would likely to be happy to see their game get a cool box cover...
or you could just make it for a non-existing game... ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

VampireWombat

Maybe going with a theme like most of the other competitions would be better than a specific game. Or maybe something like the game pitches.

Sinitrena

I think it's an interesting idea to do box art for existing games. You could chose a couple of them that don't have many or any votes yet in the database: Get people to play the games, get them some fanart and hopefully get them some votes in the process. (nod)

TheFrighter

Quote from: Sinitrena on Fri 31/08/2018 17:53:45
I think it's an interesting idea to do box art for existing games. You could chose a couple of them that don't have many or any votes yet in the database: Get people to play the games, get them some fanart and hopefully get them some votes in the process. (nod)
That's the point, Sinitrena.

Quote from: VampireWombat on Fri 31/08/2018 17:42:36
Maybe going with a theme like most of the other competitions would be better than a specific game. Or maybe something like the game pitches.

I think that illustrate an other's game is a different process than the one you have in mind.
And more challenging, in a way.
_

Creamy

QuoteMaybe going with a theme like most of the other competitions would be better than a specific game.
+1
A game picked by an host may not appeal to everyone.
I'd rather let the participants choose their game according to a theme.

cat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk