Mickey Mauser: the Wrath of the Rat

Started by Abisso, Thu 06/07/2006 18:11:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Abisso

I know, some of you may have noticed that this game has been made some months ago, for the Feb 06 MAGS (which won).

Anyway, since the game was very poor when I entered the competition, I decided to upgrade it and submitting it to the Games Main Page.

I added a lot of animations, SFX, dialogs, GUIs, manual in both English and Italian, an Italian translation, and I fixed bugs.

The main character, Mickey Mauser, wakes (one morning) with the ambitious project of conquering the world, and getting rid of the inferior races (the cats). Will you help him in this heroic task, or are you going to make him gnaw your bones to the marrow?
The choice is up to you.

For games informations, and to download, go here:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=741

Post here for any suggestion, insult and anything else.

edit: I fixed the bug and I'm uploading the new version of the game.
Welcome back to the age of the great guilds.

Jimtbrit

Hi, i have just downloaded and started playing, it seems very impressive although I think I have found a bug,

Spoiler
After picking up the shoelace, attempting to throw it onto the piece of iron and then going to the bin and finding the hook, I tried to attach the hook the the rope, then the rope to the hook.Ã,  I then tried to use the shoelace on the mouse at which point the mouse turned away from me and the game froze.
I hope this is enough, I will exit out and try to recreate the problem and give you more information if necessary.
[close]

Jimtbrit

Ok, I have found what the problem is,
when taking an item from the inventory, you must first close the inventory window before using the item on the screen.Ã,  Even if the item you wish to interact with is visible, using the inventory item with it before closing the window will result in the game freezing.

Just finished the game, it is very enjoyable and I found the style of humour could be compared to Emily Enough. Thanks alot Abisso.  Do you think you would follow it up? Perhaps episodic style with another room.  (I Like the concept of all the puzzles being in one room it reminds me of Gobins by Sierra)

Abisso

Hey, thanks a lot! I was quite sure I fixed all the bugs, but I missed something obviously. I'll fix it as soon as I can.

And thanks for your kind words. I played Emily Enough, but a lot of time ago, and I haven't taken inspiration from his humour. The funny-violent sort of humour is obvious anyway, and probably you were talking about it.

And yes, I'm planning a sequel (3 parts were my initial objective, but I think I'll just release a longer sequel, were you have to create an army and conquer the city).
Welcome back to the age of the great guilds.

TassieDevil

Nice little game, well done!

There is a little bug: Bed
Spoiler
He keeps finding the match even after using it - though it doesn't go back into the inventory
[close]

Stuck at the end: Water
Spoiler
I have a puddle and the electric cable moved out/forward in the crack, but I can't connect it to the water... :(
[close]

Testpat

TassieDevil
Spoiler
Have you checked your inventory?
[close]

Trish

water:
Spoiler
pick up the crack in the wall- them check your inventory./
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk