Emerald Eyes (MAGS July 2006)

Started by Sinitrena, Mon 24/07/2006 23:06:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinitrena

Emerald Eyes

"It all startet with a dream. I saw myself - standing in front of a swimming bath. I felt strange. I felt strong. I felt the desire to kill. I knew my victim. She was in there. She had to die, she had to drown. Water was the first element. I couldn't stop myself. I had to kill..."

Get it here.

Enjoy

Rott

Interesting concept. There's a reason you don't generally hear lyrical music in games, though; it gets very old very fast. The graphics could be better, but they're not terrible. The puzzles are a bit too simple. And I'm afraid I knew the ending within the first couple scenes of the game. ;)

Rosie

I can't seem to get out of the rooms.....Just my room, brothers room and kitchen....I did kill the lady at the pool...Trap door in ceiling, but I dont have any inventory anymore since I woke up from that dream...Key is gone....

Edge

Rosie: There's a downstairs

Now, how do I get back home on the map?

jane

Try the small brown blob on the map

Rosie

Thank you,  Didn't know that was a stairway. just a desk

Jhumjhum

Awesome game Sinitrena!

After 'lonely nights'(The old man game) you have done it again! I just loved the ambience created by the music.

The story had an urgent pace and it forced me to complete the game in one sitting.

I generally love such psycho killer games and you handled it so uniquely-- With the whole story happening in aÃ, flashback.

BIG SPOILER BELOW!

Spoiler
By the time the second murder was comitted, I figured out that it was not a case of split personality but the twin brother was the killer!(I had spotted the different eye color and speech color of the 'dream guy' I was happy to see I was right. It was sometimes so easy to miss the difference.
[close]

Its a must play game albeit a short one. But adventure fans musn't miss this one at all.Ã,  :)
Two thumbs up!!

thewalrus

Hmmmm, I'll have to check it out.... Shouldn't all those other questions be in the hint's forum???

Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!!

Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Mortadelo

mmmm...it was very predictable since the beginning. It could have been a very good game, but I think it needs more development: You could make it larger (each crime is short and you don't feel pity about the victims, even it's strange someone can murder so easily) , twisted, even I think you shouldn't show to the players the character's twin, it would make him more interesting and they could talk by phone or something like that... It could have been a dark story, depressing and a very good psychological thriller.

Nice effort, though
"You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing"

"Life's a piece of shit when you look at it. Life's a laugh and death's a joke; it's true."

Janik

I liked it well enough, mostly for the story. As others have said, the ending is a bit predictable, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't enjoyable to play.
Play pen and paper D&D? Then try DM Genie - software for Dungeons and Dragons!

Queen Kara

I haven't heard Limp Bizkit's stuff much and I never knew about this song / The Who's version or original or whatever....Now that I've heard both , I wish I would've known about them sooner. Both versions rock hard. LB's is creepier...but TW's version is....well , it's TW. Who doesn't like The Who? ( lol )

I disagree with some people about lyrical music ( or any music for that matter ) in games , if it's a really good song / good music then it's not going to get old quick or be annoying. In some cases it's only through games that have lyrical music that I find out about a "new" song or whatever. ( well...new to ME anyway...lol )
Thanks very much for making this game , without it I probably would still be totally in the dark about "Behind Blue Eyes" ...I love the song sooo much I even blogged about it. lol Often it's hard for me to like , let alone love , a song I haven't heard before right off the bat but for "Behind Blue Eyes" , nope...not the case / BOOM instant fan

Um , yeah , it was kinda predictable and everything , but it's still a pretty cool game.
My old computer has gone nuts recently and refuses to work correctly.
*cries*
I stupidly didn't copy my Oddballz ( a great old game ) onto my new computer like I should have....had plenty of chances to and kept meaning to do so ....now that Neo Oddballz has been long gone and stuff , it's going to be like pulling teeth to get another working copy. For some reason some of the downloads from The Underdogs no longer work for me but others do. Unfortunately , the Oddballz program is one of the games I want that won't download for me anymore.
Any way , I downloaded AGS again but since it's been so long I'll have to reread how to do stuff....again. -_-;;
Thanks to everyone that makes games and all , glad to see people still very much interested in AGS and all.
Sorry for any and all off-topicness.

Klaatu Verata Niktu?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk