Hey hey, kids! It's time for 2.72 to make its official appearance.
Assuming nobody finds any major issues, I'll upload it to the website in a few days.
Changes since 2.71:
* Added ability to use any size/resolution of icon, if you save your game with Windows 2000/XP.
* Added support for graphic filters, and added a standard 2x and 3x scaler, along with Hq2x and Hq3x filters.
* Added plugin API AGSE_ONSPRITELOAD function to allow plugins to modify sprites as they are loaded into memory.
* Added new plugin API functions IncrementManagedObjectRefCount, DecrementManagedObjectRefCount, SetMousePosition, SimulateMouseClick, GetMovementPathWaypointCount, GetMovementPathLastWaypoint, GetMovementPathWaypointLocation, GetMovementPathWaypointSpeed.
* Added ListBox.ScrollDown, ScrollUp, RowCount, HideBorder and HideScrollArrows. Added "Hide scroll arrows" setting to listboxes in GUI editor.
* Added System.Gamma and SupportsGammaControl; and replaced old system.* variables with new System. properties.
* Added Room.Width, Height, ColorDepth, LeftEdge, RightEdge, BottomEdge, TopEdge and MusicOnLoad properties.
* Added ability to use movement speeds slower than 1 (-2 is now 1/2, -3 is 1/3, etc)
* Added ability to name dialog topics, and ported RunDialog/etc to OO-style functions. Additionally, dialog scripts can now use the topic names with goto-dialog rather than using the number.
* Added GUI Control z-order support (right-click Bring To Front / Send To Back options in editor, as well as BringToFront/SendToBack script commands).
* Added Game.SetSaveGameDirectory command, including support for My Documents folder.
* Added option to export animated background frames, and added a confirmation message to the Delete Frame button.
* Added Game.SpeechFont and Game.NormalFont properties to replace SetSpeechFont/SetNormalFont but also provide a way for you to get the current setting.
* Added Game.Name, Game.FileName, Object.Loop and Object.Frame properties.
* Added Button.Font property, and added Text Alignment property to GUI buttons and list boxes in the editor.
* Added Mouse.GetModeGraphic to allow you to get the sprite slot of the cursor.
* Added String.AsFloat property to convert strings to floats.
* Added Game.StopSound function, to allow you to easily stop all sound effects.
* Added writable ViewFrame.Graphic property, which allows you to change view graphics at run-time.
* Added Region.TintRed, TintGreen, TintBlue, TintEnabled and TintSaturation properties to allow you to get the current region setting.
* Added game.read_dialog_option_color to allow you to set a different colour for dialog options which the player has already selected.
* Added Ctrl+S option to script editor, to save changes so far.
* Increased sound channels from 6 to 8, and you can now have more than 1 simultaneous ambient sound.
* ListBox.AddItem and ListBox.InsertItemAt now return false rather than quitting the game, if you try to add too many items to the list.
* Disabled text boxes now do not draw the cursor.
* Obsoleted GetGameParameter and added new functions and properties to replace it (see GetGameParameter in the help to redirect you to the new functions).
* Obsoleted SetFrameSound and made the ViewFrame.Sound property writable instead.
* Obsoleted savegameindex array, and added ListBox.SaveGameSlots array instead. Additionally, raised the max save games from 20 to 50.
* Increased permitted length of GUI label text from 200 to 2048 characters.
* PlayMusicQueued now preloads the next track to provide a seamless transition between tracks.
* Added DirectSound Hardware Mixer option to Setup.
* Increased script editor line length limit from 300 to 500 characters.
* Editor now uses "Sound" sub-folder to store sound files, like the way it currently works with Music and Speech.
* Editor view preview window will now play frame-linked sounds if they are in .WAV format.
* Added shortcut keys Ctrl+1 through Ctrl+9 and Module Scripts sub-menus for easy access to module scripts and headers.
* Autocomplete now warns if you use an array index to access properties on a non-array, and vice versa.
* Added option to Assign Sprites To View dialog to allow you to add the sprites in reverse order.
* Editor now shows each character's talking view as well as normal view in the Characters pane.
* Mouse.SetBounds now actually locks the cursor within the bounds, rather than it moving invisibly within the locked out area.
* Added game.keep_screen_during_instant_transit
ion option for 8-bit colour modes.
* Changed the default restart point to be just before the first room is loaded, in order to avoid problems with the restart point not working properly in some games.
* The game can now be closed with the X button or Alt+X while a PlayVideo is playing.
* Moved GUI Clickable setting from the checkbox into the Properties window, since it more intuitively belongs there.
* "Enforce new-style strings" now disables old-style string functions.
* Old split resource files now get deleted if you disable splitting or reduce the number of split files.
* PlayVideo now pauses the video if the player alt+tabs away from the game while it is playing.
* player.ChangeRoom in game_start is now allowed, and will change the room that the game starts in.
* Increased editor performance when importing tiled sprites.
* Debug console now also writes its output to the Windows Debugger (which you can read with an application like DebugView); useful if the debug console normally flies past too quickly to be useful.
* View preview window now cycles through whole of multi-loop animations.
* Fixed crash if you used Restore or Restart within a script module event handler.
* Fixed template creation to work with Music and Speech sub-folders.
* Fixed agsedit.log timestamp having the wrong month.
* Fixed character blinking not working properly once they had finished talking.
* Fixed translation source not including strings from script modules.
* Fixed a backwards compatibility issue with game.num_inv_items.
* Fixed characters with only left/right loops sometimes using the wrong loop when moving.
* Fixed game erroring out if you used Character.ChangeView to change from a 4-directional to a 2-directional view.
* Fixed GUI Labels to be not clickable by default.
* Fixed "Refresh list" option not working in the Room List if no room was selected.
* Fixed calltips not picking up member functions if you put a space before the opening bracket.
* Fixed text parser not handling an optional choice of words properly.
* Fixed text parser not handling a choice of words with spaces properly in Said().
* Fixed Global Messages pane not updating after Importing Dumped Text.
* Fixed FaceLocation not working properly if the character's current loop was not one of the normal walking loops.
* Fixed Mouse.SetPosition clipping the Y to 200, even in 320x240 games.
* Fixed sierra-style speech screwing up if you used RemoveOverlay or SetTextOverlay in repeatedly_execute_always while the speech was displayed.
* Fixed Tiled Sprite Import allowing you to import over the edge of the image when zoomed in.
* Fixed ShakeScreen leaving artefacts in the black borders when running in letterbox mode.
* _blank.crm is now included when you make a template.
* _blank.crm will be checked for in editor folder if not found in game folder.
* Fixed editor crashing if a very large template.txt file was used when starting a game from a template.
* Fixed block comment parsing sometimes not working properly if /* was the last thing on a line.
* Fixed String.Contains not working properly with strings >200 characters.
* Fixed PlayMusic not working if it was called whilst an old track was fading out but crossfading was now disabled
* Fixed "too many events posted" error if several commands like Walk were used in quick succession.NOTE:
If you were using the betas, this is the same build as 2.72 Final 2, just renamed.http://www.bigbluecup.com/ags_272.zip