Bullet Train

Started by macon, Fri 01/09/2006 17:53:50

Previous topic - Next topic

macon

This is my entry for the 2006 Retro Remakes Competition.

It is not an adventure remake but a side scrolling, shoot em up, maze game originally released on the Atari ST about 15 years ago. The reason I used AGS for an arcade game was because why not? Stick to what I know.

The aim of the game is to navigate your train through a maze of tracks and junctions whilst shooting at obstructions. Each level uses a room that is 22560 x 480. Are these the biggest AGS rooms yet? Does anybody know or even care?

The theme of the competition was accessability in a remake. Therefore I have made it so that you can play with the keyboard (left or right handed), the mouse or by a single switch for disabled gamers (mapped to the space bar). Some may remember I created 'Invincible Island' for disabled gamers in last years competition and came fourth so I thought it was important to include such a feature again. Personally, I think playing with the keyboard is easiest.

Credits : Scorpiorus for the snow- rain plugin (I think it adds to the game).

Download here (3.16 Mb)

EDIT
===

This patch (45 Kb) fixes the bug brought to my attention below. The main link has been fixed so if you are downloading for the first time then you do not need the patch.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Nice one, real nice... I just wish it weren't so fast.

Had one problem - after I played once and died all three times, in MOUSE mode, when I went back to the main menu I couldn't click any of the options...?
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

m0ds

Good little bit of fun that - nicely made!!

The only way to progress though is by dying and just knowing exactly what to do next time, which made me stop playing.

macon

Thanks for spotting the bug Rui.

A fixed version of the game has been uploaded as well as a patch to fix any previous versions of the game.

Patch is here (45 Kb)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk