Buttercup's Gone Missing

Started by Theegamer, Thu 12/12/2002 23:18:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Theegamer

After months of figuring things out and testing the game here it is. My first game ever called "Buttercup's gone missing." you can download it here, http://www23.brinkster.com/theegamer/index.html . Comment and questions would be nice! :)

p.s. thx for the music Trapezoid.

Scummbuddy

Did you say "Blue cups gone missing?"

- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

GorgonJim

I like it! Its extremely good for a first game. But I suppose you've been working on it for a while. Anyway, good plot, but the puzzles are a bit easy. Maybe make some puzzles to obtain the string and the key and the marshmallow, because it seems a bit weird to have someone else's key in your barn. One bug, though:
Spoiler
After you poison the bear with the marshmallow, and you 'use' it, It flips the right way up, becomes alive, then says 'Grrr!'. Not too hard to fix, just put a 'dead.bear' variable in there somewhere.
[close]

Esseb

Good plot, and good character and object graphics, though the backgrounds look a little hastily put together :p . (btw, you should include the setup program along with your game. It's in 640*400 but seeing as you didn't include an acsetup.cfg file OR  the setup program, I had to copy a cfg file from another game which I had set to 640*400.

Funny ending, and nice overall for a first game. Work some more on the puzzles and backgrounds for the next game and you're on to ags goodness :). (btw, check out a thing called baselines also :p)

Mats Berglinn

Quite funny game and the charathers where nice but to be honest, the ending wasn't really funny. The music that was inside the barn, did that really come from the SNES game Earthbound? I recognized that music from that game since I have played it on ZSNES Emulator for not so long ago.

Theegamer

Ya its from earthbound but it was too good to not use for the barn. :)

Trapezoid

Damn cool that you used my music. The game's funny. Nothing I'm gonna replay, but it was amusing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk