Calsoon 2 v2.0 - Now with speech!

Started by Chrille, Fri 13/12/2002 20:39:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrille

Calsoon 2 v2.0 is finally released, new features include keyboard functions (to open the inventory and options menu obviously) and ofcourse, the cream of the crop, the long awaited speech pack. The entire package weighs in at 19,3 MB. The old version of Calsoon 2 does not support the speechpack, therefore there is no separate speechpack download, sorry about that. Head on over to the Calsoon 2 website and download it right away! :
http://www.gaspop.com/calsoon2.htm

Voice acting talent:
DGMacphee as Tork
Ghormak as The Narrator, Farmer and Stinkage
Andail as The Keeper of the Hole
M0ds as Fat Willy
C Leksutin as Skully
Tab_the_friend (irc) as General Van Hahne

Let us know what you think :)
GASPOP software
http://www.gaspop.com

Esseb

Hooray, I will download with glee.

What is glee?

Chrille

I'm not sure, but I think it's that green goo you can sometimes find on rocks...
GASPOP software

FenderQ

Wow what a difference with the speech. :o

It sure gives more personality to the characters with the speech on.
The only negative comment I am going to mention is that after seeing your game it makes me wish my characters had speech too. ;D

Actually now that I think about it, based on the graphical complexities of my characters, using real voices wouldn't quite work.  I'd need Stephen Hawking to do all the voices for my block people.  ;D

Great job putting all that together, and to all the people who did the voice tracks. :)

Trapezoid

Chrille

You can't, the music drowns the hiss in the speech, and there is quite alot of it in this speech pack (which is very hard to hear due to the music). There is a 52 mb version of Calsoon 2 with better sound quality speech for which I can add an option to lower the music volume, but it's too large to distribute over the web.
GASPOP software

Fuzzpilz

FenderQ

Quote from: Fuzzpilz on Sat 14/12/2002 15:34:46
Quote from: Chrille on Sat 14/12/2002 12:34:36...but it's too large to distribute over the web.

Not true. :D

Maybe he was refering to the bandwidth fees for hosting something like that?  ???
Oh yes, and I loved your domain name for your site.  :D

Fuzzpilz

Quote from: FenderQ on Sat 14/12/2002 16:22:30Maybe he was refering to the bandwidth fees for hosting something like that?  ???

And what I meant was that they aren't a problem.

FenderQ

Quote from: Fuzzpilz on Sat 14/12/2002 16:36:21
Quote from: FenderQ on Sat 14/12/2002 16:22:30Maybe he was refering to the bandwidth fees for hosting something like that?  ???

And what I meant was that they aren't a problem.

Cool, where can I reliably host 50MB worth of information for free without bandwidth restraints?

AGA

Who mentioned free? Some of us, including Fuzzpilz and myself, have paid domains...

FenderQ

Quote from: AGA on Sat 14/12/2002 19:11:25Who mentioned free? Some of us, including Fuzzpilz and myself, have paid domains...
I was originally thinking that maybe Chrille didn't want to place a 50MB download on his site due to the amount of bandwidth usage created from many people downloading it.  Some people have to pay based on bandwidth usage.  That was all I was originally mentioning.  :D

AGA

I think that's why Chrille is using mirrors for the file, 'cause his site's a bit clogged up with files at the moment. So as you can imagine, an even larger file would be even worse :p

Esseb

What fuzzpils meant was that he could host it for Chrille.

FenderQ

Quote from: Esseb on Sat 14/12/2002 21:12:40What fuzzpils meant was that he could host it for Chrille.
Oh I see, yes at first I thought Fuzzpilz was only refering to people having enough bandwidth to download it.  But I get it now. ;)

That would be very kind to mirror it.  The game is great and I think people missing out on that great audio are really ummm... missing out without it.  :)

cornjob

Hey! Sorry I didn't get a chance to check this out before. I have to say, the voices add a lot to the game. Some of these voices are truely wacky! I think it really helps bring the characters to life more.

Pet Terry

Aargh, I have Dial-up connection, it would take ages to download this. All I have to do is wait to get to my friend and download this there. Can't wait to play it!
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Felipe

Hey, Petteri, I have dial-up connection too but I'm downloading it using DAP (Download Acelerator Plus) - It realy speeds up the downloads and you can interrupt them whenever you want...
Unfortunately I have no friend with BroadBand (actually, there's no BroadBand in my city)...
Damn ThirdWorld!1!
Don't blame me - I didn't know it!   (I have the feeling this will come handy...)

-

Fabiano

Bah, Felipe....dont cry...I live in thirdworld and I have broadband! :P
BTW, voices make the chars more deep and live (yeah, everybody already told that) .

Yeah, yeah, It happens. A lot.

Fuzzpilz

Hmm? Brazil isn't in the Third World. I think the usual classification is "second world". (This is silly anyway. It's not as though a country's wealth is homogenous and discrete.)

One more comment for Chrille:
If you do decide to release the bigger pack, some compression and normalization and other audio engineering voodoo on the voices would be nice. I'd be glad to help with that if necessary. :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk