TiLTOR

Started by H!, Wed 13/09/2006 10:00:34

Previous topic - Next topic

H!

TiLTOR

Ã,  A space odyssey puzzle game containing both story mode (with cutscenes) and arcade mode. Basically tilt your way to the exits in 150+ different levels and help Tiltor save the galaxy.

Ã,  Ã, AH! productions made this fine puzzle game during their stay in Tokyo, and a year of japanese crazyness and upside down thinking are the core essences of the game.Ã,  ;D

Ã,  It took about six weeks for me and A! to finish the game and it is our first full game and there is probably more games on the way.

This is a little bit different game made with the AGS-engine and if you like puzzlegames (who doesn't?) please try it out!

Me and A! hope you enjoy it!

Download TiLTOR here:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?category=1&action=detail&id=788&refresh1158130956

Vince Twelve

Really awesome stuff here!  It's fantastic in style and execution.  The puzzles start out really easy and ramp up nicely.  The cutscenes look great.  I especially love the simplistic interface!  It's a very dizzying game.  I really really love it.  I'll play more later.

I had two problems/suggestions: 1) There's no way (that I can see) to quit the game from within.  The quit option just takes you back to the title screen  If you're running in full screen, you can't get out unless you Alt-X or Alt-Tab.  and 2) I wish there was some way to know how close I was to finishing one of the missions/planets.

All around an awesome job.  Beautiful!

sergiocornaga

You know I'd love to play this, but both downloads keep failing halway through and giving me corrupt files.

H!

Vince Twelve --
Thank you for the comment! That makes me really happy!  :)

About the quit-option. We figured people would quit with Alt-F4.. Works everywhere else so... And seriously we didnt think it would look good in the menu..  ;D

SergioCornaga --
Corrupted files? Thats strange... We'll look into it. It seems to work fine from here...

Nikolas

It's a great idea and very well executed!

It is a little bit strange at first to get used to the turns, as you can just go back and fourth for quite a while until you realise that you need to push "left" and not "right", but this is part of the puzzles, right?

Great little gem! Well done!

I've donwloaded it fine, no issues really...

And got out with alt-x, no issues there either, although a quit option would be a big plus for the game, as Vince says. ;)

Thanks for this great game!

Vince Twelve

Yeah, the quit isn't a huge deal-breaking issue.  I just love the simplicity of the game, yet the difficulty that comes out of the simplicity.

Edit: side conversation taken to IM

Peder 🚀

Hey!

This is AWESOME :o

One of the most interesting and coolest games I have seen!

I got stuck on some level though, but I had to go to the doctors anyway so never got to sort that level out.

A game that is a MUST PLAY in my mind!

Looking forward to more games from you 2 in the future!
And gonna be playing this a while now :P.

Mordalles

this looks interesting, but the download stops midway?  ???

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

thewalrus

I had no problems downloading. The game is really neat and fun to play. But it can be quite frustrating!!!  :o

Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!!!!
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Candle

After ten times I was able to get it here is a mirror:
http://mihd.net/5.1755/Tiltor_setup1.rar.html
Mirror:
http://www.mytempdir.com/927476

H!

Thanks Candle... I hope you dont mind I put that link on the download-page as well...

And again thanks for the comments people!!Ã,  :D

edit: We also reuploaded repacked files... If that was the problem for some people...

Ubel

The graphics look great. The musics are great. The idea of the game is very innovative and well implemented. The cutscenes are fun to watch in the adventure mode. All in all this is one of the best non-adventure AGS games ever. :D

Candle

sovka

The game is ace. Stage 84 is a very clever puzzle and almost drove me mad.

blueskirt

Awesome! Simply awesome!

The music, the weird story, the cutscenes, this flashing effect once a crest was aquired which strangely reminded me of old Amiga games. This game is simply awesome! I wasn't even certain it was possible to design such complicated and difficult levels nowaday, since most puzzle games released todays are strangely easier than those released in the 80s and 90s.

I just finished the game but...
Spoiler
Tiltor wasn't fast enough and died on its way to the sun. :'( Is this the end? Or do I need to replay the entire game again except faster to destroy the sun and possibly unlock Earth, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto which are listed in the arcade mode's highscore list? What bother me the most with all this is that I forgot most of the puzzle solution or solved them thru luck mostly. I fear it will be as hard to solve the puzzles as it was the first time.
[close]

Anyway, keep up the good work, I just can't wait to see more games (and more puzzle games maybe) from you.

Erenan

This game is superb. Just got to Jupiter. Will continue later.

GOOD WORK!!! :o
The Bunker

sovka

BlueSkirt, by finishing the adventure mode you unlocked the same seven planets in arcade mode. When I completed them all again in arcade mode I unlocked Uranus. It's actually pretty neat because, as you said, it makes sure the player didn't just get lucky.

I have a question of my own though. To my surprise no other planet was unlocked after I finished Uranus. How do I access the remaining bonus levels?

i k a r i

I'm always getting corrupted files in the install, I've tried different browsers and both links but it doesnt seem to work.  :'(
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

blueskirt

Thank for the tip sovka!

Quote from: i k a r i on Tue 19/09/2006 18:17:46
I'm always getting corrupted files in the install, I've tried different browsers and both links but it doesnt seem to work.  :'(

Have you tried the Mytempdir.com mirror. I had the same problem and it was the only URL that worked for me.

blueskirt

Quote from: sovka on Tue 19/09/2006 10:24:41
I have a question of my own though. To my surprise no other planet was unlocked after I finished Uranus. How do I access the remaining bonus levels?

To unlock Earth in arcade mode:
Spoiler
Finish the story mode as fast as possible, Tiltor will be fast enough to destroy the sun instead of getting vapourized. No idea how fast it need to be, my time was 26:41. Save before every tough level, practice and when you think you know the solution perfectly, just quit and load. However it's still tough when you forgot the solutions or when the solutions are too complex to be remembered. Sometimes you find the solution, but need to replay the level again because you don't remember what you just did.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk