Question

Started by thewalrus, Wed 13/09/2006 16:08:02

Previous topic - Next topic

thewalrus

How do I add an attachment to a post??? Probably a simple question and answer but atlas, I can not add one.

Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!!!!

Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

scotch

You can't, the forum doesn't support attachements. You can upload a file to your own webspace and link to it, though.

MrColossal

you probably can't attach a file because you can't on the AGS forums.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/Themes/default/help/posting.english.html#bbcref

You can attach an image using the codes found in the BB reference but you have to upload the image to an outside host.

Edit: Back off scotch! I got this one! You're a mod who plays by his own rules and I'm going to tell the Chief about it if you don't stop muscling in on my jurisdiction!
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

thewalrus

I don't have my own web space to post the image on.... So I can't get it on the site, I guess....

Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!!!!!

Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Hammerite

czech one of the forums, and lurk fo' free webhostage
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

Nikolas

Exactly that

Find Neoles' post about free uploading space and stuff
and search for the term "American Girls Scouts" Something will come up;)

MashPotato

While we're on the topic of SMF stuff, is there a maximum amount of PM's you can keep in your inbox before it fills up and won't allow any more?

Nikolas

I haven't reached the limit, but I have had 200 messages and I have never deleted any out going message, which has brought me to page 38 (time 20?) message

I think that if there is a limit, it is a rather big one...

scotch

I think people are encouraged to delete PMs now and then to help the site. I usually delete if I get to 100 or so.

Ishmael

I don't need to delete anything because I don't get any PM. :=
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Andail

I refuse to delete my pm's, as they bring sweet memories from the past. I tend to delete technical or moderating issues though.
Nik; I can personally ensure you that there is no limit at 500 either, so don't worry :)

Alynn

It's entirely dependant on what was set, some site users choose to limit PM's to 20 some over 1000, and some unlimited.

SMF is extremely versitle, and you can do alot with it, if the site owner chooses to have it included. Many sites don't have uploads, after all many don't want their HDD space taken up by other peoples stuff.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk