MAGS October: Haunted House

Started by Klaus, Sun 01/10/2006 14:47:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikko

At least you get one from me.

I'm working very hard now, because I don't want to play other competition games before my own is finished and I'm dying to play those other entries. ;)

Klaus

Ladies and gentlemen, we're reaching the end... Please submit you entries within the next 24 hours from now (see timestamp of this post). Then the voting will begin.

tr9000

Here is my game:
Halloween Horror
I was able to fix all the glitches hopefully on time and now the final file is at filefront instead
http://files.filefront.com/Halloweenzip/;6083585;;/fileinfo.html

For more information here is the link to my thread on bigbluecup

Completed Games Thread

Mikko

Klaus: Would it be too bold from me to request extension of 10-12 hours?

Klaus

Quote from: Mikko on Thu 26/10/2006 08:41:21
Would it be too bold from me to request extension of 10-12 hours?

It's okay. So let's start the voting in about 14 hours from now (see timestamp of this post) - that's 10:00pm GMT. Okay?

tr9000

I've came across some glitches would i be allowed to correct them if before the deadline?

what time is the deadline in central time zone i can't upload my game because my exceded bandwith currently ><;;

Klaus

Quote from: tr9000 on Thu 26/10/2006 13:43:14
I've came across some glitches would i be allowed to correct them if before the deadline?
Yes, sure. Go ahead :)

Mikko

One hour to go?

Thank you for extra time, but I think I still need to release it unfinished. But that's my problem, we need to get the voting started. :)

Edit: I think I am very close to finish, so I decided not to release anything unfinished. Also I don't feel like whipping up a demo, like I did last time I partipicated.

So, for my part it's okay to start voting. I hope to have chance to release the game tomorrow. I don't mind if it's not counted as an entry. :)

Klaus

Quote from: Mikko on Thu 26/10/2006 22:02:43
so I decided not to release anything unfinished ... I hope to have chance to release the game tomorrow. I don't mind if it's not counted as an entry. :)
That's not really the game announcement we all are waiting for here! :'( So let's meet again in 12 hours for a very final check of the entries... Maybe someone else can make it in time then. cu all at 11am GMT.

Mikko

Thank you, Klaus. Don't cry. ;)

I will make my best to have the game ready. Even if it takes all night. :)

EDIT:

P.I. Al Luminum: Haunted House
[/color]
The beta version (my entry) is now downloadable at http://koti.mbnet.fi/paajanen/ags/mags_al_luminum_haunted_house.rar

Preview:

I must admit that I would be surprised if all of you can play it through without having major bugs.

The game itself is fairly easy and short. Much shorter and easier than my plans were. I hope to release proper version at least together with Clown at the Circus, which has been on hold for this time I have been working on this.

But now I must start getting myself ready for the Halloween dress party.

And no, I'm not going to dress as Al Luminum. ;)

Klaus

Here we go! Finally four very interesting entries, so there's a real choice. Maybe not that easy...
For voting now please visit the MAGS site or make your choice right here:

Voodoo Dave and the Tablecloth Mystery by FSi
The House That Ate My Soul by nihilyst
P.I. Al Luminum - Haunted House by Mikko
Halloween Horror by tr9000

Please vote only once and be sure to have played all games before sending your voice! Good luck to all participants.

For the time of voting now you're invited to post your opinion about all entries: Pros and cons of the games. What did you like, what not. In this case it's interesting how you compare the games - if this is possible at all.

jkohen

When's voting over? I'm still stuck in one of the games and although I'd love to finish it before going to the ballots, I don't want to miss the deadline.

Edit: Nevermind, I finished it.

Klaus

So time for voting is over now... All entries received a number of votes but the winner is one step ahead of the others.

So who is it this time, who made the race?
Maybe it's the story that made the game so special or the unique style of navigation, perhaps the graphics or something else? We probably will never know as noone posted his/her opinion about the games here...

The winning game in October is "The House That Ate My Soul" by nihilyst. Congratulations!
Also many thanks to all the other participants for their nice entries. Happy Halloween!

Mikko

Congrats to Nihilyst!

I didn't quite have time to play through all of the games, so I didn't yet comment them. Anyway I have played all of them that much, that I could decide who to vote.

THTAMS was despite its little dfficulties by far the most interesting entry. It is versatile and it is always great to have something different. It is courageous to make that kind of game in short time span and in overall Nihilyst succeeded more then well.

FSi's entry was once again easily recognisable and actually some of the weird jokes made me smile. :)

Tr9000 had also a good attempt with his game.

thewalrus

Mikko, I really enjoyed your game but the ending just didn't seem right..... It needs to have a more definitive ending!

Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Mikko

Thanks. I know it's a major dissappointment to have ending like that and if/when I redo the game, it'll be a lot better.

I'm thinking of changing some scenes too, so that there's also new areas to explore. But now it's time for break and Clown at the Circus. And who knows, maybe a new Mags.

Buckethead

I like all your games Mikko. But I didn't had much time to play all the games so I couldn't vote for you. Besides I hardly got anywhere in your game. Glad to hear CATC is getting some attention now. I'm really looking forward to it.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk