Mittens 2007: Ontario, Canada (Update: Mar 21, 2007)

Started by Quintaros, Tue 10/10/2006 18:54:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Disco

Quote from: Creed Malay on Sat 14/10/2006 19:32:41
Yeah, I'm definite in for this. To the Land of Mounties we go!

yay Creed! The Canadian Mounties probably wouldn't mind you having an Eagle burger :P Just don't ask for any Common Loon foodstuffs and you will be okay.

Layabout

I am Jean-Pierre.

Quintaros

So far 32 people have expressed an interest in coming of which 21 were probables and 11 maybes.Ã,  If I were to predict actual attendance next year I'd say 24-26.

Only a handful of people have specified what dates best suited them.Ã,  So far August seems to be the period with the least conflicts.Ã, 

Nacho

Yus, and remember the Skandinavians Quintaros, Petteri started terrible soon his classes, and I think that Andail might start them soon as well... I wouldn' t care to dely mittens to sept. or so, maybe it would even be cheaper, but I also want to have this friends in the trip...
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

jetxl

Err, september? After the summer holiday? And how does that solve the problem that some people can't attend because of school?

Quintaros

Quote from: Nacho on Tue 17/10/2006 14:49:20
Yus, and remember the Skandinavians Quintaros, Petteri started terrible soon his classes, and I think that Andail might start them soon as well...

I'm operating under the assumption that if people don't speak up regarding time constraints they don't have any.Ã,  People need to speak up for themselves because anybody else would just be guessing.

Becky

Nacho said he wouldn't care to delay Mittens till September because none of his friends would be there.

Late-June-July-August would be best for me, and probably also for most Brits at university.  Though do feel free to contradict me

Sylvr

September = university... I don't recommend september... Even if I don't end up going, perhaps there are other people in the same situation as I am?
| Ben304: "Peeing is a beautiful thing, Sylvr" |

Renegade Implementor

Late June-July-August is best for me.  Work slows down in the summer, which makes it easier to attending Mittens.

Disco

The specific dates for me are anytime between June 27 and August 26-27. Although I'm sure I can miss a day or two at the very beginning of class, since I will have had the professors before Fall 2007.

EDIT- Oh, and not during Brittens either  ;)

Baron

Anytime in July or August is good for me personally, but be aware that the first weekend of July is the Canada Day long weekend and the first weekend of August is the Civic long weekend, which essentially mean higher prices and traffic congestion in Ontario :P

Nacho

Sorry for the missunderstanding Jet, What I was basically saying was "I don' t care of the date, because I am free to attend at any time in summer, but I' d like to see as much freinds as possible"
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Matt Goble

Quote from: Quintaros on Tue 17/10/2006 15:38:54
I'm operating under the assumption that if people don't speak up regarding time constraints they don't have any.  People need to speak up for themselves because anybody else would just be guessing.

Assumed correctly (for me anyway).  Time off work is time off work.

Pumaman

I'm easy with the dates, but maybe we could get cheaper flights if we went for late June / early July?

Grundislav

I'll be back in school too next year, so after late August would be not so great for me.

Pet Terry

My school shouldn't start THAT early next year, but around early September at its latest, so late June - July - early August should be fine with me. Of course, I might get a job for summer or I might be too poor to go, but count me still in as a maybee. Seeing that so many europeans have expressed interest, it might be a good idea to look into the prices of the flights and see when they are cheapest. However, I doubt any flight company has any flights up for the next summer this early.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Quintaros

I screwed up during my initial look at scheduling.Ã,  Upon re-examining, it now appears that there are no conflicts between July 6th and August 26th..Ã, 

People want to travel when it's cheapest but I don't think that there is any period that will please everyone.Ã,  Ontario's vacation high season is said to extend from mid May to mid-September so Mittens will fall into it regardless.Ã, 

I don't know where everyone will be flying from but I assumed that more Mitteners would be flying out of London than any other location.Ã,  For that reason I'm operating under Spock's principle “The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few”.Ã,  In my investigations the cheapest time to Toronto via London is July 11th or 12th returning the 18th or 19th.Ã,  These flights would be around 380£.Ã,  During the rest of July and August the flights are typically in the 440£ to 460£ range except for August 7th to 20th when the price increases to >500£.Ã,  Ã, Maybe someone else can find a better deal.Ã,  Maybe I'm totally out to lunch on how many people would actually be flying via London.Ã,  Let me know guys.

Currently, I'm leaning toward booking a cottage for the week of July 12th to 18th with the 11th and 19th as travel days.

m0ds

Those dates sound great, under my circumstances at least :)

Pumaman

Yep, 11-19th July sounds good with me too.

jetxl

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk