SUGGESTION: Autocomplete Version checking

Started by monkey0506, Tue 10/10/2006 21:12:20

Previous topic - Next topic

monkey0506

I dunno if this is really a good idea or not, but the idea (literally) just occurred to me, that perhaps if there was some type of version checking available to the autocomplete parser, we could create functions that would only autocomplete based on whether a certain version of AGS (or higher) was being used.

Now clearly it wouldn't be backwards compatible, but I think there could be uses for it in the future. For example, it could be used in correlation with the #ifver directive. Depending on how AGS continues to evolve, it could help to provide more backward-compatible autocompletion of certain user-created functions.

My idea was something like $AUTOCOMPLETEIGNORE$, $AUTOCOMPLETESTATICONLY$, $AUTOCOMPLETENOINHERIT$, etc., etc. and all those other autocomplete settings.

For the current and even the next version of AGS it wouldn't really bear much relevance...but like I said...we've got to think about the future.

Lol. Thanks for reading my ramblings.

[EDIT:]

Hmm...I actually realized that I kept going on about this in the 2.72 beta thread and Chris said that perhaps autocomplete could be made to pick up on the #ifver directives, but it wasn't high priority.

Still...I'd like to see something happen with the autocomplete. I know there's a lot of stuff that probably more important to some people...but I'd just really like this. :D

Anyway, maybe we can get a tracker entry going? Please? Thanks ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk